Guelph General Hospital Employee Reviews

Great people
SENIOR BUYER (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 November 2018
I enjoy working at GGH. The people are fantastic and it is great to be part of a team that is helping others. I am proud to work, serving the people of my community. The most difficult part of my job is the lack of funding available to Healthcare. So much more could be done with more funding.
Small town hospital with a good focus on clinical patients
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 October 2018
This hospital is small (200 beds or so) and is very quaint. The pharmacy department is a 30 employees or so, where the attitude between pharmacists and technicians is friendly and jovial. As NAPRA standards come in to play, this hospital is due for some major overhauls in its sterile procedure space and may be under construction in the future. CPOE, EMAR and bar coding all to be established starting in early 2019.
Pros
Department opens at 7am and closes at 9pm, therefore no night shift.
Cons
Director retiring early 2019
very supportive staff
RPN (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 July 2018
i was offered a temporary full time line at my current place of employment and could only work one job. i enjoyed working at Guelph General hospital but could not keep two jobs.
Pros
lunch and learn
Cons
a few cranky nurses
Lovely Place to Work
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 April 2018
My typical work day was consistent. I learned many new things, and I was able to participate in educational opportunities for continuous growth. The organizational culture is great, the management is kind and the staff is wonderful to work with.
I would love to work at this hospital.
Day Surgery Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Guelph12 March 2018
Its a nice place to work. I feel very respectable while volunteering and gaining experience with the hospital environment. The staff is very knowledgeable and always willing to guide me .
Pros
free coffee
Cons
sometimes stressful to see the patient sufferings
Guelph General Hospital
Cafeteria Worker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 October 2017
Well maintained. Great place to work. Friendly employees. Always switching and learning. Never had no issues. its a challenge of learning, Challenging your ability as a person so push to see what you can succeed.
I completed an RPN student placement at the Guelph General Hospital.
Student Nursing Placement (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 September 2017
I found GGH to be an engaging environment to complete a student nurse placement. I learned the basics of how to engage with a client as a student nurse. I would work there again if given an opportunity.
My work experience at GGH was enjoyable.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 September 2017
My years of work at Guelph General Hospital are unforgettable.The work atmosphere was nice even though some days could be stressful.My coworkers made going to work more pleasurable. I have made some life long friends as well.
Pros
Approachable management staff.
Cons
working short staffed
Was here as a student
Registered Practical Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 August 2017
Was at this hospital as a student many years ago. It was a good experience with nice nurses and i learned a lot as a result of this. It appeared to be a good place to work.
good place to work
unit attendant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 July 2017
pension is good - most days are good but overall surgery floor can get very busy at times - very respecrful environment to work in - decent break times
Pros
good nurses to work with
Cons
on your feet for 8 hours a day
busy emergency department
Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 July 2017
Wonderful staff to work with including both nurses and physicians. We all supported one another during stressful situations that you are often faced with in ER
Pros
supportive environment
Guelph General Hospital
Materials Management Dispatch Attendant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 May 2017
I have worked at the hospital for 10 years now; 5 years with Food Services and 5 more years with Materials Management. I enjoy the team I work with, very hard working and reliable. Since I am part-time, there are many additional shifts available to pick up during the week and weekends.
Pros
Great team
Great place to work and learn
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 May 2017
I worked in various areas of the hospital namely the surgical unit and last 7 years in the ER department., This last position was both physically fast paced but very rewarding. The staff that work in this unit are amazing, always putting the needs of the patient ahead of everything else. The medical staff are readily accessible and always professional. There is a good bend of NP, RN's, RPN's, ward clerks, unit attendants and housekeeping staff.
There are always opportunities for staff education which is highly encouraged.
Pros
Great place for learning new skills
Cons
Commute to work
Excellent Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 April 2017
Being a volunteer at Guelph General Hospital is the most rewarding experience. The volunteering coordinators are the nicest people and you will feel that you are really giving back to the community.
As Temp Position only
Pharmacy Clerk/Admin (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
I have loved every minute working here. the staff and everyone are so nice. Everyone treats you like a human being, not a number. This was only a temp position but I am hoping to come back in a more permanent manner at some point.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Drive
Productive and well established work place
Dental Assistant Level II (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 February 2017
Fast paced working environment, great opportunities and well established organization. Supportive, friendly, efficient organization, executive team shows great leadership and this is an organization who truly cares about helping people.
Fast pace enviroment
Emergency clerk (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 May 2016
Every day was a busy day in the emerge.
I would register patients as they came in wanting to be seen by a Doctor or specialist. I started WSIB claims and also insurance claims.
Pros
Shifts went fast
Cons
Cold during night shift
Environmental Service Technician
Environmental Service Technician/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 February 2016
Cleaned and sanitized all rooms in hospital, while working in compliance with Health & Safety Standards

Excellent company and management
excellent work environment
RPN (Current Employee) –  Guelph, Ontario1 March 2015
There is a great vibe with the different staff members and everyone works well within the interdisciplinary team. All members play a key role in helping the client reach their optimal heath status.

It is great to have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients and their families.
Good enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 September 2014
Part Time job
I learned more tasks
Have a good management
Fun team work
The hardest time of the job was working night shift in ER
Pros
Fun team work
Cons
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guelph General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3