25 April 2018
Prior to commencing work at GGH, the following steps must be completed. Some of these requirements may take 3 – 4 weeks to complete, so starting the process early will help to avoid delays in your start date.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check (PVSC), a completed immunization form and a Pre-Placement Medical Assessment. Any costs incurred for obtaining these documents are the responsibility of the new hire.
1. Reference Checks - If you are the successful candidate you will be asked to fill out a Reference Release Form. Please provide three work related references that consist of current or previous supervisors/preceptors.
2. Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check - All new staff are required to obtain a criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check. We will accept police checks dated within the previous six (6) month period
3. Immunizations - An immunization form will be provided to you if you are the successful candidate.
If you have any questions, please contact Employee Health Services directly
4. Employee Health Services – Pre-Placement Medical Meeting - All new employees will be scheduled to meet with Employee Health Services for approximately 30 minutes during which time we will discuss the completed immunization record.
5. Human Resources – Employment and Payroll Documentation - All new employees will be scheduled to meet with Human Resources for approximately 30 minutes during which time we will discuss details of the job offer including payroll, benefits, parking, I.D. badge, and orientation.