At Guelph General Hospital we pride ourselves on creating a working environment that supports our team of over 1,300, both when they’re working and when they’re not. We know it’s a constant juggling act to balance work and life, and we do our best to support our team every way we can.
We value and appreciate the contributions of everyone - clinical and non-clinical - who make Guelph General Hospital an energized, fast-paced and progressive organization.
As well as a standard benefit package that includes competitive pay, medical and dental benefits, vacation, statutory holidays, short and long term disability, life insurance and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan, we offer some programs and benefits that are unique to Guelph General Hospital.
Guelph General Hospital is a respectful workplace with a culture that promotes continuous learning from the moment a new employee walks through our doors and throughout the employee’s career.
Through our Organizational Development Department, we provide competency-based orientation that facilitates an easy transition for new staff and various onsite educational opportunities are available on a regular basis.
Staff also have 24/7 access to educational resources through our Learning Centre and to support ongoing professional development, staff are eligible for our Education Assistance Fund.Answered by Guelph General Hospital9 April 2018
Moving to another city with a cheaper housing market. I wouldn't choose to leave this hospital currently for any other reason.Answered 29 October 2018
What to expect if selected for employment at Guelph General HospitalAsked by Guelph General Hospital25 April 2018
Prior to commencing work at GGH, the following steps must be completed. Some of these requirements may take 3 – 4 weeks to complete, so starting the process early will help to avoid delays in your start date.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check (PVSC), a completed immunization form and a Pre-Placement Medical Assessment. Any costs incurred for obtaining these documents are the responsibility of the new hire.
1. Reference Checks - If you are the successful candidate you will be asked to fill out a Reference Release Form. Please provide three work related references that consist of current or previous supervisors/preceptors.
2. Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check - All new staff are required to obtain a criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check. We will accept police checks dated within the previous six (6) month period
3. Immunizations - An immunization form will be provided to you if you are the successful candidate.
If you have any questions, please contact Employee Health Services directly
4. Employee Health Services – Pre-Placement Medical Meeting - All new employees will be scheduled to meet with Employee Health Services for approximately 30 minutes during which time we will discuss the completed immunization record.
5. Human Resources – Employment and Payroll Documentation - All new employees will be scheduled to meet with Human Resources for approximately 30 minutes during which time we will discuss details of the job offer including payroll, benefits, parking, I.D. badge, and orientation.Answered by Guelph General Hospital25 April 2018
What is the recruitment process at Guelph General Hospital?Asked by Guelph General Hospital9 April 2018
Thank you for your interest in employment with Guelph General Hospital (GGH). GGH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the recruitment and selection process.
Application Screening and Selection
Applications are screened based on the criteria outlined in the job posting. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Answered by Guelph General Hospital25 April 2018
Any individual would prepare for an interview at GGH in the same manner as any other place of employment.Answered 7 September 2017