Guardteck Security Employee Reviews

Wonderful Team
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2019
Gives sufficient training. Supportive Management. Provide uniforms. Professional experienced staffs. A company which keeps it's word and has a great future. Working with this company will surely contribute to your personal all-round development.
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 November 2019
Good people, nice guards, hard working and willing to train new hires.

free meals , free haircut, very heavy work load and have to meet

deadlines. very nice place to work overall.
Positive work culture, great and qualified management.
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2019
As my first security job, I was blown away by mix of firmness, warmth and sincerity of my superiors. Leadership was qualified, professional and always went the extra mile. I had flexible shifts and opportunities for overtime which is all I could ask for. The only downside being the company model is increasingly becoming outdated. The company made most of its growth providing security for events, rather than permanent sites. As a consequence, pay periods, wages and amenities seem to be slightly behind. This of course will be corrected as the company continues to grow and transitions to providing more sedentary security.
Security guard experience
Security Guard (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC,Langly bc2 October 2019
I am security guard.I have license security guards and I have license car. Anytime start working Morning and afternoon shift .I am all ready with work.
Great experience and resume builder.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 August 2019
First security job where I've rapidly developed in ability. Workload is manageable stress levels are manageable. Coworkers are supportive, lots of coworkers are happy to provide work references which is really important if you want to work in Public Security.
Pros
Experience, decent wages, cool uniforms jacket, good managers
Cons
no direct deposit
Challenging and meaningful
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 August 2019
Throughout my short duration working for Guardteck so far as a manager it has been very rewarding. Getting to work with a close knit team has been great. Teamwork, problem solving and decision making are key skills that one will develop without a doubt. Being part of a bigger family, and knowing that management is there to coach and provide as much assistance as needed is a reason I continue to work with Guardteck. All around great company.
Pros
Employee incentives (eg. employee of the month)
Cons
N/a
Flexible company with plenty of room to grow!
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 August 2019
I joined the company a few years ago with zero experience in the security industry but through the mentoring and opportunities presented to me, I was able to turn what I thought would be a stepping stone job in my life, into a rewarding career.
Best Company Ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 August 2019
Guardteck Security is a great company to work for. Amazing supervisor and management team. They are the premier security company to work for if you are interested in event security as well as static security such as shopping centres.

I did both and had a great time and they pay above the industry wage standard.
Ok for beginning
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2019
Company is ok, management doesn't treat you well for the most part. I was paid the same rate for a year I worked there. There are better companies out there who pay better and treat you better.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Good Company, the management cares about their employees
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2019
Fair pay and you can rely on management if you have questions and concerns. If you sick, they understand, and if you ever slept in they understand too.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good company to work while some one looking for professional job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta15 January 2019
Instead of sitting home and getting EI, I will recommend to work with company like GuardTeck and try to get own professional job. It will be healthy for body and mind.
Pros
Collaborative staff
Cons
Low Salary
Fun work where you actually get to help people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 November 2018
This company provides security for everything from corporate buildings to EDM festivals so there is such a variety of opportunities. In one year I worked fulltime at a mall, but then worked part-time for them also at concerts and music festivals. The pay was more than my other security jobs but not as much as it should be considering how much crazy stuff we have to deal with. The experience is great for my resume though which is key for me as I am working on a career in law enforcement. This company lets you apply for work in other sections of the company (like mobile patrol, out of town events, bodyguard work) and I can work for them part-time when I am in school so it has been great for my needs.
Pros
flexible schedules, exciting work, great experiences, lots of opportunities.
Cons
some quiet seasons with less work, some weird co-workers
good for new workers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 August 2018
Decent security job for people new to the security industry. The coworkers were nice people. Good supervisors and the wages were pretty decent. Unfortunately it was difficult to find shifts.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
not many jobs
Fun and exciting work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2018
Great security company to work for. The most enjoyable part was all of the exciting and fun music festivals during the summer. Definitely a great job opportunity to have to supplement other jobs and during school.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
No training
Fun place to work.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Burnaby,canada20 March 2018
The company has a good enviornment to work in. Also the managers and supervisprs are very co-operative and understable. I had an good experience working with guardteck.
Pros
Free courses
Cons
Long hours shifts.
I loved it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2018
I had my 90 day security licence i worked every day i could get and would work with them agen if i had the money great shows great people to work with
Get Everything in writing
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Numerous3 August 2017
Please note this company could be so much better but they are looking for security professionals and paying low end wages to people who often can't write or speak English with any skill. From the top down, this company management does not value skilled professionals who do the work. What they want are warm bodies to fill spaces and not actually think. So you have unmotivated and underpaid unskilled employees who aren't experienced in a job that they would rather not be doing. Sounds promising right? When this company has a very high turnover rate, you know there are a lot of errors being made by management at all levels. I got out of this company as soon as I realized that the work I was doing was not being recognized, renumerated for and that they weren't hiring suitable guards. Clients of this company should really delve deep into what they are actually getting for their money. The company culture is questionable and I would suggest that workers unfortunate enough to be employed check their pay every single cheque. As well, have all company directives and promises in writing as this will be beneficial when management wants to maneuver into changing the terms of anything. Be very careful in all your dealings with this company, as management has legal representation on speed dial for all occasions and they know all the loopholes. Management works very hard at creating an illusion and if you ever stand up to them have all your documentation copied because they are in it to win it.
Pros
Cons
Pay does not match work
Safe job with good pay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 April 2017
This security position is a fun position in a quiet environment. Working here is interesting because the people you encounter are friendly and willing to listen.
Productive, fun
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2017
Always moved around a lot, a lot of standing still in one place, communication with the general public & experience dealing with people that aren't always happy to see you.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long Hours
Great experience and resume builder.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 April 2016
A typical day of work consisted of constant patrol and static patrols at mall entrances. Mostly dealing with disgruntled customers and pan-handlers and EDP's. I learnt a lot about how to deescalate situations properly and professionally. My co workers at Guardteck were like a family to me. Everyone got along in the workplace, no issues whatsoever. The hardest part of the job was the long hours I sometimes had to work, other than that it was an excellent workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure everything was secure and enjoying the job.
Pros
Good pay, family/pack environment and mentality, co-workers are all very close.
Cons
Management is a bit mismanaged, issues with pay and pay roll. Not replying fast enough to urgent emails.