Guardteck Security

Guardteck Security Employee Reviews

The company needs to pay it's full time workers better. Being with the company for nearly two years and got only fifty cents raise is not right. This makes for poor motivation at work.
Pros
It saves money for the company but short changes the employee.
Cons
Leads to frequent loss of staffs.
This company's people are underhanded manipulative scum! They act nice in order to sucker you, so they can get away with violating your employment rights. Maybe that's their hook? They're so called "business plan." Okay, first off you're "supposed to," that's right! "Supposed to!" Arrive 15 minutes early, unpaid, for every shift. For what they call a briefing period. This is Canada. They have no right to ask this of you. I was personally rebuked for coming six minutes early. I have necessary proof in emails asking for staff to come 15 minutes early. Another thing is, they don't pay for your uniform costs associated with cleaning. They don't provide wage statements or pay stubs automatically for each and every pay period. You have to request them from your supervisor. Each time and for each pay cheque. I was offered a position two months in advance. When I contacted my supervisor about it, I was told it was given to someone else. I was given the cold shoulder because I was unpopular with a fellow co-worker who I caught sleeping. I confided this to a senior employee who told that employee about it. As a result, the employee who I caught sleeping became opposed to me and had an influence in deciding my return to that site. I wasn't given any other shifts either after countless attempts and times by email and text messages. The supervisor couldn't broker anything on my behalf. Why would anyone want to work for a company that rejects you? I gladly resigned of course. Don't let this company fool you. It isn't all what it's cracked up to be. It's important that a company - more...
Pros
Cons
Competitive, diabolical, stinking, bad, backstabbing co-workers and organization, continuously violating your employment rights, management pretending like they care, presenting a false impression of being cool, upbeat and laidback, all in all uselessly unreliablle.
Management was great the managers were very empathetic and supportive. Although management picks clients that enjoy to step all over the guards & supervisors GuardTeck is the company to work for; do be prepared for clients that will only listen & speak to management or above positions. Hardest part about GuardTeck was knowing they could straighten out wrinkles with the client but they put it in the review mirror and keep driving.
If you're a straight man, this could be an ok place to work. Otherwise, God help you. When I was hired, I was told that they really needed people and I could get as many hours as I wanted. My male coworkers who started around the same time received full-time hours while I struggled to make ends meet with inconsistent hours that rarely exceeded 20 hours per week. I would hesitate to assume that this was due to sexism, however, I always took the job seriously and worked hard so I can't think of another good reason. While some of the women I worked with got ok hours and there were even a few female supervisors, most of the young women who started around the same time as me also struggled to get enough hours. I was constantly harassed and oggled by my coworkers, management included, and it was clear that I was not taken seriously. Just put "men only" in your job postings and get on with it.
Flexible schedule, they start you off with less shifts to pick from. But after a couple weeks you may pick the shifts you want. Management is nice, and understanding. They work various venues across the lower mainland. Great for part timers
Not good in responding the emails and cannot the manage guards on the big events donot give hours even though 20 hours a weak at least for students .
Terrible company to work for. They're unreliable, treat their guards with disrespectful, end low pay rates although they claim to beat the competition.
Good company for starters. They pay living wage to at least full time employees and to all those employees who seeks career in this company. Management is also good.
This company is the most disorganized and most incompetent company I have ever been a part of. Every paycheck I received always had some kind of mistake and they ripped me off on my first cheque (still fighting to get the pay difference). You constantly have to harass payroll and management to get it fixed. Management does not care about your health or well being and they threaten to suspend or fire you if you are legitimately sick. At the end of the day, Guardteck is just another low grade security company that only cares about profits and not security guards. I cannot wait to find a new job and leave this joke of a company.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized, Poor Communication between Managers, Supervisors and Security Guards, Idiot managers and supervisors who don't know how to do their jobs properly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guardteck Security?
After interviewing for a Security Guard position I left believing in the future of this company. They are progressive and inclusive and have demonstrated an approachable stance with anyone just starting their career with Guardteck. They obviously want you to succeed and will do everything they can to assist you in that. The orientation was fresh and informative with the aim towards excellent customer service and coaching you to go above and beyond to reach that goal. Refreshments were awesome as well!
Gives sufficient training. Supportive Management. Provide uniforms. Professional experienced staffs. A company which keeps it's word and has a great future. Working with this company will surely contribute to your personal all-round development.
Good people, nice guards, hard working and willing to train new hires. free meals , free haircut, very heavy work load and have to meet deadlines. very nice place to work overall.
As my first security job, I was blown away by mix of firmness, warmth and sincerity of my superiors. Leadership was qualified, professional and always went the extra mile. I had flexible shifts and opportunities for overtime which is all I could ask for. The only downside being the company model is increasingly becoming outdated. The company made most of its growth providing security for events, rather than permanent sites. As a consequence, pay periods, wages and amenities seem to be slightly behind. This of course will be corrected as the company continues to grow and transitions to providing more sedentary security.
First security job where I've rapidly developed in ability. Workload is manageable stress levels are manageable. Coworkers are supportive, lots of coworkers are happy to provide work references which is really important if you want to work in Public Security.
Pros
Experience, decent wages, cool uniforms jacket, good managers
Cons
no direct deposit
Throughout my short duration working for Guardteck so far as a manager it has been very rewarding. Getting to work with a close knit team has been great. Teamwork, problem solving and decision making are key skills that one will develop without a doubt. Being part of a bigger family, and knowing that management is there to coach and provide as much assistance as needed is a reason I continue to work with Guardteck. All around great company.
Pros
Employee incentives (eg. employee of the month)
Cons
N/a
I joined the company a few years ago with zero experience in the security industry but through the mentoring and opportunities presented to me, I was able to turn what I thought would be a stepping stone job in my life, into a rewarding career.
Guardteck Security is a great company to work for. Amazing supervisor and management team. They are the premier security company to work for if you are interested in event security as well as static security such as shopping centres. I did both and had a great time and they pay above the industry wage standard.
Company is ok, management doesn't treat you well for the most part. I was paid the same rate for a year I worked there. There are better companies out there who pay better and treat you better.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Fair pay and you can rely on management if you have questions and concerns. If you sick, they understand, and if you ever slept in they understand too.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Instead of sitting home and getting EI, I will recommend to work with company like GuardTeck and try to get own professional job. It will be healthy for body and mind.
Pros
Collaborative staff
Cons
Low Salary
This company provides security for everything from corporate buildings to EDM festivals so there is such a variety of opportunities. In one year I worked fulltime at a mall, but then worked part-time for them also at concerts and music festivals. The pay was more than my other security jobs but not as much as it should be considering how much crazy stuff we have to deal with. The experience is great for my resume though which is key for me as I am working on a career in law enforcement. This company lets you apply for work in other sections of the company (like mobile patrol, out of town events, bodyguard work) and I can work for them part-time when I am in school so it has been great for my needs.
Pros
flexible schedules, exciting work, great experiences, lots of opportunities.
Cons
some quiet seasons with less work, some weird co-workers
  1. Employee reviews