Guardian Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Super friendly work environment
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 July 2019
Everyone I worked with became really close friends. We would hang out after work as well and I will hold on to those friendships for life. Customers were always happy to come and see us. Many of them would stop by on their way home and talk with us for a while. The pharmacy is a real pillar in the community.
Great place for a temp job during the summer
TOURIST INFORMATION BOOTH ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON8 April 2018
Very positive and great place to work for the summer months. Recommended for a teenager just looking to make a little money before they're old enough to get a regular job
Motivated environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 April 2018
The pharmacist at guardian pharmacy is really helping and takes part in all sections of pharmacy.Competitive salary.Chances of growth are very high.Always learning.
Pros
Less stress
Cons
Less hours
asking dscounts by the patients is more challenging then doing counceling.
STUDENTSHIP & PHARMACIST INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2018
Generally Guardian pharmacy is ok, but most of the patients comes and ask for discounts rather than counselling..all depends on the owner how he wants to be in their pharmacy,
Guardian
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Current, ON17 January 2018
Guardian is your typical average job with decent pay as a young adult. busy days however not to difficult. Friendly co-workers and majority of the time great customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
slow days
Productive and fun place to work.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2017
Work at Guardian Pharmacy is intensive and good. As Pharmacy assistant I was given a lot of responsibility to help the pharmacist as well as take care of store sales and stocking duties. The work life balance was great and they hire very good people so your colleagues will be helpful and friendly too. Overall this is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Excellent work culture.
Very structured
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
The work at Guardian Pharmacy consisted mainly of multi-tasking many daily tasks such as processing and counting out prescriptions to meet the needs of the patients.
Loved this job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bible Hill, NS1 June 2017
This was the perfect opportunity to get know my surrounding after moving to Truro from Alberta. I loved being able to speak with customers on casual level. All the other staff are very kind. Small, family owned businnes. I worked every single day for one month with absolutely ZERO complaints about the job. I would work there again in a heart beat.
Pros
No dress code. Friendly customers and co workers
Friendly co-workers, low stress job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 March 2017
Very straightforward job that gives you experience in handling money and placing product on shelves. Very friendly group of workers willing to help. Can have quiet nights that can be long if you don't keep busy.
challenging place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 February 2017
this is work place where you need be focused at all times. I challenged my self working here as its a methadone pharmacy. working here exposes to collaboration with health care team and team play. If you are a team player then its a good place to work.
very good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 January 2017
making blister pack ever day, customer(patient) care, narcotic count,
enter the prescription, med check, inventory count, dispensed medication with accuracy, operated cash register
Pros
update knowledge and skill
No review
Pharmacy student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2016
Worked as APPE student there so no real review can be performed; was not employed there; was there for APPE requirement which is toward studentship
productive workplace to gain experience
sales desk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 December 2016
Talking to customers improved my overall ability to communicate and cater towards the needs of individuals. overall was satisfied with this job
A different kind of place to work since it gave me a different exposure
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 October 2016
A good place to work with and team work is really good. Worked with different health professionals where I had to communicate with the pharmacists , physicians and nurses, etc.
good
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 April 2016
good work place. provide good knowledge and experience. busy place. co- staff is very helpful. good exposure to retail work place environment, and need good customer service.
good
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 February 2016
calm work environment and good training was provided. Many regular customers and not to demanding, kind and helpful staff willing to assist when experiencing difficulties.
work as a pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2015
its nice to work at this pharmacy , very cooperative management, get enough hours to work, get good breaks , as a pharmacy technician lot of things to learns, increased my communication skills with people, Gained good experience for customer service
Fun place to work at. Some days are very busy, Able to go out in the community and meet clients.
Medical & Mobility Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 June 2015
Typical day at work, Inspecting Medical or Mobility Equipment. Going in to hospitals and Inspecting equipment and ensuring that equipments are working up to standards.

The fun part of the job is being able to go out in the community and meeting new people and educating new clients about government programs.
Cons
No benefits, No Pension Plan
Friendly environment and accesible
Cashier/Customer Service/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2015
Regular day-to-day basis (cashing out customer purchases,assisting customer with finding the right products, providing postal information and provide different postal services. I have learned a lot working in different departments of the store. I had 3 different managers and they were all easy to work with (friendly and proffesional).
Co-workers were all friendly and we all worked as a team. I enjoy working here as I have come to know many regular customers. Job is not hard at all, not challenging enough.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No place to advance in higher position
productive fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  12-556 Montreal Road, Ottawa ,ON17 February 2015
very good and challenging workplace with multitasking skills needed.
diversity of clientele, low income are. in general good opportunity to learn more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.