GSL GM CITY Employee Reviews

Great place to advance your career!
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  CALGARY7 April 2019
Good place to work family oriented. Great benefits. GSL offeres the paid longest starting vacation time in the industry. There are a lot of long term employees and that should tell you something.
Pros
Salaries, vacation time and longevity
good place to work
Vehicle Prepper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2019
Good management, nice environment. Summertime position 2 summers in a row.
Hardest part of the job was the long hours required. They fed us and made sure we had water.
You will lose all self worth
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2019
If you want to work in a place that will constantly belittle you, look no further. If you like wondering if you’ll still have a job tomorrow, this is your place. Honestly not even sure how this place is still open with how poorly management is running it. Read the reviews people! As soon as i’m done this review, i’m looking on indeed to find myself a new job.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
it was a great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
I thoroughly loved working there, owners cared and invested in their employees. Great benefits with a nice salary to match. they gave you a chance to create a sense of ownership within your department and ultimately, a better team.
the worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2018
there is no walk in traffic, they are surviving off the senior sales guys client base and do not seem interested in client acquisition. advertising is poor unless you listen to AM radio. management is a joke, they have no idea whats going on in 2018 and how to handle situations and staff. store culture is none existent. i really do not recommend taking your career here if you are interested in selling cars
Pros
location
Cons
location
Ignore the poor reviews!
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2018
Great team environment at GSL. It's a fun place to work!

I've been here for a relatively short time (2 years) but in that span I've been recognised for my hard work and attitude by being promoted and given a raise. Upper management expects high quality work and I'm proud to deliver.
Great Company
Sales and Lease Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
GSL is a fantastic place to work. I enjoy working here more than any of my previous jobs. I am always being challenged everyday at work, its great as it never gets old, boring and stale. New adventures everyday! The management teams want to see you succeed and will help you get to your goals if you show them you are motivated. Everyone is friendly and fun! GSL treat employees great. I really love and admire that the company gives back to charity. I have definitely grown my skills at GSL where other dealership wouldn't have. GSL and the Wolfe Automotive Group are great to work for! Keep it up GSL!
Pros
Great People, Driven to excellence, Support, Great Benefits, Advancement, Charitable Events
Cons
Constant threats and back stabbing
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary31 January 2018
Gsl gm will offer you the world during interview, don't be fooled, all of it is a lie. You will make money for the first several months then the start deducting your pay so the owners can make more. Management will cut pay every 3 months or so, everybody in this company is miserable and gets threatened with their job on a regular basis.
Pros
3 weeks holidays
Cons
Everything else
They don't care about employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary20 November 2017
No job security, everyone in the Dealership is worried about being fired because they fire people all the time without warnings, low moral in every department, ZERO training or support for Managers. You get threatened to have payroll errors taken off your personal cheques, blamed and belittled frequently. They inflate your expected pay upon hiring.
Good workplace
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
A great place to work if you aspire to move up into more senior positions. Lots of opportunity for growth and career development. I really enjoy working here.
No life outside work allowed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Family run store that only cares about themselves and not anybody else. Management in all/most departments is unorganized and hostile. Booking, sales, parts and service staff over worked and always being threatened with their jobs when they have any other appointment outside working/shift hours while management leaves early. BDC department is a disaster. Constant battle between management and their employees to screw each other over. Management forces staff to retire/quit.
Pros
cafeteria (not run by GSL)
Cons
everything else
Horrible Management!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
Be prepared to get overworked, underpaid, and never appreciated! If you're not family, don't bother thinking of moving up. Nothing else to say........
Strong sales staff
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
A fast paced vehicle dealership. The sales staff cared for their customers and service did their best to accommodate all of the customers needs. Highly recommend the rental department if ever in need of a rental car.
Good pay, busy and fast paced
Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2015
Good management with lots of business. Fast paced with the opportunity to earn lots of money. Customer satisfaction is a top priority.