GSL GM CITY

GSL GM CITY Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
The promises from management never stop. "We're going to change this" "We're going to make some changes around here so be patient and you'll be where you want to be"
Unfortunately, there is a constant level of stress thats hanging over your head, in anticipation of getting canned. Over time, you almost wish to get fired just so that you can finally get it over with.

Getting screwed over every paycheck is a lot of fun.

To new hires, good luck. Hope its better for you than it was to me.
Service Manager can be hard to deal with, but, service advisors, shop foremans and techs get along fine. Spring, summer and fall months have a monthly employee barbeque during lunch.
from a sales end perspective, this is a great place to work.
team gets along well

there is flexibility if you have family or specific hours to accommodate

always felt valued

if i wasn't moving provinces i would stay here forever
They'll treat you really well when you first start. You'll get all the good jobs, and they'll leave you alone to do your job and trust you. That's where the good ends. After you've been there awhile, they start to berate, bully, and pressure you. You can't talk to any manager out of fear of either getting mocked or fear of losing your job. They promote an open door policy but never actually want to follow through. Management will simply ignore you and dismiss any issue you're having. The foreman's attitude is horrible and it is considered a good day if you don't have to talk to them. They'll listen and cover to things, but will get into yelling matches with employees over right vs wrong. Unprofessional upper management. You'll end up getting extremely stressed, extremely anxious, and lose faith in the industry. The pay is good but barely competitive - even though they'll try to convince you otherwise.
Good place to work family oriented. Great benefits. GSL offeres the paid longest starting vacation time in the industry. There are a lot of long term employees and that should tell you something.
Pros
Salaries, vacation time and longevity
Good management, nice environment. Summertime position 2 summers in a row.
Hardest part of the job was the long hours required. They fed us and made sure we had water.
If you want to work in a place that will constantly belittle you, look no further. If you like wondering if you’ll still have a job tomorrow, this is your place. Honestly not even sure how this place is still open with how poorly management is running it. Read the reviews people! As soon as i’m done this review, i’m looking on indeed to find myself a new job.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
I thoroughly loved working there, owners cared and invested in their employees. Great benefits with a nice salary to match. they gave you a chance to create a sense of ownership within your department and ultimately, a better team.
there is no walk in traffic, they are surviving off the senior sales guys client base and do not seem interested in client acquisition. advertising is poor unless you listen to AM radio. management is a joke, they have no idea whats going on in 2018 and how to handle situations and staff. store culture is none existent. i really do not recommend taking your career here if you are interested in selling cars
Pros
location
Cons
location
Great team environment at GSL. It's a fun place to work!

I've been here for a relatively short time (2 years) but in that span I've been recognised for my hard work and attitude by being promoted and given a raise. Upper management expects high quality work and I'm proud to deliver.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GSL GM CITY?
GSL is a fantastic place to work. I enjoy working here more than any of my previous jobs. I am always being challenged everyday at work, its great as it never gets old, boring and stale. New adventures everyday! The management teams want to see you succeed and will help you get to your goals if you show them you are motivated. Everyone is friendly and fun! GSL treat employees great. I really love and admire that the company gives back to charity. I have definitely grown my skills at GSL where other dealership wouldn't have. GSL and the Wolfe Automotive Group are great to work for! Keep it up GSL!
Pros
Great People, Driven to excellence, Support, Great Benefits, Advancement, Charitable Events
Cons
Gsl gm will offer you the world during interview, don't be fooled, all of it is a lie. You will make money for the first several months then the start deducting your pay so the owners can make more. Management will cut pay every 3 months or so, everybody in this company is miserable and gets threatened with their job on a regular basis.
Pros
3 weeks holidays
Cons
Everything else
No job security, everyone in the Dealership is worried about being fired because they fire people all the time without warnings, low moral in every department, ZERO training or support for Managers. You get threatened to have payroll errors taken off your personal cheques, blamed and belittled frequently. They inflate your expected pay upon hiring.
A great place to work if you aspire to move up into more senior positions. Lots of opportunity for growth and career development. I really enjoy working here.
Family run store that only cares about themselves and not anybody else. Management in all/most departments is unorganized and hostile. Booking, sales, parts and service staff over worked and always being threatened with their jobs when they have any other appointment outside working/shift hours while management leaves early. BDC department is a disaster. Constant battle between management and their employees to screw each other over. Management forces staff to retire/quit.
Pros
cafeteria (not run by GSL)
Cons
everything else
Be prepared to get overworked, underpaid, and never appreciated! If you're not family, don't bother thinking of moving up. Nothing else to say........
A fast paced vehicle dealership. The sales staff cared for their customers and service did their best to accommodate all of the customers needs. Highly recommend the rental department if ever in need of a rental car.
Good management with lots of business. Fast paced with the opportunity to earn lots of money. Customer satisfaction is a top priority.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSL GM CITY. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8