GrowME Marketing

GrowME Marketing Management reviews

Canada14 reviews

Clear

There's plenty of opportunities to grow while also learning new skills from the people you're surrounded by!

I started working with GrowME as a relatively new grad with minimal experience in the industry, and over the past few years, I've been able to expand my skills and have learned so much with the team! As the company continues to grow and expand, so have my roles and responsibilities, and I love the opportunity to push myself with all the new work we get. Over the past two years, I've been able to see our team grow, and it's amazing to be surrounded by people who are all motivated by what they do and are always pushing one another to be the best they can be. While we take the work we do seriously, and all have our daily routines and responsibilities, we always make time to share a laugh, have team lunches, go for coffee runs and go out for team activities. I've never once felt hesitant to ask coworkers/management how I can perform better, how we can implement new strategies to improve the business and ask questions about how certain things are done around the workplace. Everyone is very openminded and is willing to help you perform better. Overall, it's a great work environment, and there's always plenty of opportunities to expand your skillset as long as you're willing to put in the effort and push yourself to the limit.

Fun and Productive place to work. Problem solving is the most important skill you need to bring to the table. Love working at GrowME Marketing!

Working At GrowME has helped me build character and integrity. I continuously face a new and exciting challenge for our clients, which requires me to be creative and execute on a strategy. Apart from the daily routine, there are constant fun events at work that keeps us motivated and makes the workplace feel like a fun place to be. The team of professionals is creative and fun to work with, which makes problem-solving even more enjoyable. The CEO always builds you up with confidence that enables you to be more productive. Best place to work!

Insights into GrowME Marketing

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Not worth your sanity

You can learn a lot here but not from management or anyone else. You're basically left to fend for yourself most of the time. Management has no problem throwing you under the bus to clients if things are not done correctly. Absolutely no constructive criticism is given. This company loves the blame game. The owner will hire family and friends and let them get away with things that other employees cannot get away with. He doesn't even try to hide the unfair treatment. Quality of work is non-existent due to the fact that he values quantity more. If you take your time on a project it is viewed as slacking and not working hard enough. The only good thing about working here is that you can work from home on occasion... but most companies nowadays offer this. You'll be pushed to work over 40 hours a week even though you are only paid for 40 hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was leaving at the end of the day.

Fast-paced, productive, and fun environment with an owner who has a heart of gold

I have essentially found my dream job working for GrowME Marketing. The environment is fast-paced, productive and exciting, and I get to do what I love every day. There’s a groundswell happening in the company, and it’s an incredible thing to be able to witness it. The founder of GrowME is a quintessential dreamer. He works hard and inspires excellence in his team, and I’m continually amazed and impressed by what he’s been able to accomplish. He can be eccentric, but it comes with the territory of being an entrepreneur. He is also one of the most generous people I know. In my mind, he embodies what it means to be a servant leader, giving so generously to his team, charities, and just everyone! Management, in general, can sometimes be disorganized, but that comes with the territory of a company in its first 10 years of business. GrowME rewards the people who put in the work; as far as I know, everyone is paid and treated fairly within the company. The benefits are fantastic (in the future, I would love to see a retirement plan become part of our benefits). The culture here is one of passion. We all have our differences, but we are passionate about what we do and about where the business is going. The kitchen is always full of food and snacks, we enjoy monthly team lunches, quarterly events, and the opportunity to work from home once per week. I didn’t think jobs like this actually existed until I started working here. I will say that GrowME is not for everyone; we’re looking for winners, people that work hard, and individuals whose values align with our -

The work is terrible, and the management is even worse

This company is a terrible place to work. All the owner/manager cares about is making more money for himself, at the cost of good work, and the employees' sanity. The owner preaches work/life balance but it is a complete lie. Management sees 50 hours a week as what should be your regular and 40 hours a week is unacceptable, even though you are paid hourly for a 40 hour week. And if you try and have a life outside of work they threaten to fire you. The owner hires his family and friends to work for the company and lets them get away with things that other employees can not. The nepotism is so apparent, and no one even tries to hide it. People are constantly speaking down to one another, making it an unenjoyable and toxic work environment. There is also a HUGE blame culture. The work itself is boring, mundane, and gets pushed out as fast as possible to make the owner more money. It is ALWAYS quantity over quality. If you try and add quality, and take your time on you are seen as slacking. If you value putting out good work, your sanity, and an enjoyable workplace I would NOT recommend GrowMe. Employee turnover rate is very high, and there is a very good reason for that. The only good thing about this place is you can work from home sometimes.

Pros

Work from home on occasion

Cons

The culture, the hours, the management, the boring work, nepotism, and pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GrowME Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement