GrowME Marketing

GrowME Marketing Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Love Both the Work & People!

From all the jobs I've had over the years, I can safely say that I enjoy the work that I do AND I like everyone that I work with! You never get both when it comes to some workplaces, but I'm happy to say that I do! I love how we are a team-focused workplace and encourage one another to grow better in what we do best.

Hard working, creative team at one of the top marketing agencies in Calgary

As a Digital Marketing Manager at GrowME, I was fortunate to to spend every day collaborating with creative marketers and artists to produce campaigns that worked for every brand we were lucky to partner with. GrowME finds the strengths of each employee and motivates them to push themselves and have fun at work every day. I would happily recommend GrowME as an employer and trusted agency to work with.

Insights into GrowME Marketing

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun and challenging work environment!

I have been with GrowME for 5 years and it has been the best workplace for me. Each day brings its own challenges for me to tackle and opportunities for me to learn something new. As someone that easily gets bored with routine jobs and tasks, GrowME gives me the variety that I need to stay sharp and continuously learn and apply new concepts. The work is engaging and every day is different. The opportunities for growth are endless. If you are willing to put in the work and to work with integrity, there are many opportunities to grow within the company. I have learned so much about marketing and business from working at GrowME that I would not have learned at any other company. I have grown so much personally and professionally and I attribute that to being in a forward-thinking work environment. As for the company culture, it’s fantastic! The team is passionate, caring, driven, and helpful. Everyone works toward the same goal and is willing to lend a hand when needed. The environment is flexible, relaxed, and jokes and laughter can be expected every day. While there can be a lot of work, due to the client-facing nature of the business, achievements are always acknowledged and celebrated. If you are a hard worker looking for a productive work environment that challenges you to think outside the box, GrowME is the place for you.

Pros

Office snacks - Quarterly team events - Team lunches - Flexible start times - Work from home

Great, fun, and hardworking people surrounds you making it so worth it to work here. Lots of perks too!

For more than 3 years of working here, I can still see myself growing together with this company. It's great to be in a company that has a clear and realistic vision of where it wants to be heading to. A company where all of the people are involved in planning and are very driven to steer the company to its goal. The people I work with are hardworking and fun at the same time, there is never a dull moment when you are around them. Everybody helps each other and never would you be turned away and even though everyone is busy, we still find some time to laugh and share some memes.Your hardwork never go unnoticed here which is the cherry on the cake. Everybody will applaud you and congratulate you for every great job you do which always inspire you to do more and exceed everyone's expectation.Overall, my experience with the company has been great. It has its ups and downs but the leaders and people always find ways to keep everything on track. I 100% recommend working here.

Pros

- Perks - Fun and memes - Work from home - Hardworking, smart and very helpful people - Snacks - Boss with a vision

Great Work-Life Balance, Productive and Fun Environment

If you value work-life balance, great camaraderie, and a workplace with lots of opportunities to grow, GrowME is the place for you. Everyone at GrowME works hard, while the environment stays fun and relaxed. I look forward to coming in to work every day and enjoy the company of everyone I work with. Whether we’re putting together our quarterly event, going on a Starbucks run, or gathering together for our daily stretches, it’s always a good time. I work very closely with the founder of the company and have nothing but great things to say. I’m pushed to embrace new challenges with continuous support from him and the amazing team he’s put together. Integrity is key at GrowME and it shines through every employee.I’ve been with GrowME for just over a year now and look forward to many more years with them!

A Place To Grow

I absolutely love working here! The people have amazing attitudes and it is easy for their passion to rub off. Plus, the work environment is very flexible and relaxed. Learning about how online advertising works has really opened my eyes to the good, bad, and ugly, which makes me proud of the content that I then get to create. I actually look forward to coming to work every day, because while it is chill and laid-back, you are also challenged to go above and beyond your limits. There is always lots to learn around GrowME, and it is always surprising to look back at where you started. The amount of personal improvement and education I've received has already paid off in my skills and depth of knowledge. Truly, it is a wonderful place to grow, and I have no problem saying, there is no place like GrowME.

Fun, Productive, Ever-Learning

While most jobs have the same "punch-in, punch-out" routine, GrowME offers a distinct alternative. It's a fun, flexible work environment, where there are new challenges every day. The workplace has a supportive culture as the team is all about helping you rise to the challenge of your tasks, as opposed to letting you fail. We work together, we succeed together. It is all due to the owner, who has created a strong bond between team members. Your skillset will expand, you'll be challenged and you'll learn plenty of new things. My knowledge of digital marketing, its processes, the flow and trends of marketing has exploded in the last few years. And that's the because of the work that I was given at GrowME. As for perks, well...free snacks all day, monthly lunches, coffee runs, quarterly team bonding exercises, a joke-filled (and work-filled) environment. Overall, it's a solid place to work and boost your career!

Great, Fast Paced Work Environment

GrowME has been my home away from home for over 4 years now and I have loved every moment with new and exciting challenges that we tackle and overcome as a collective team. I think you can work at most other jobs for 10 years and not learn as much as you would learn about marketing in 1 year working at GrowME. The atmosphere is fun, engaging. We have quarterly team events, team lunches that are paid for monthly, great benefits, stocked bagels and a lot of other snacks and other perks like being able to work remote when you need to. Thinking back to working a traditional job bores me now after spending the time I have here. Punch in... punch out... repeat. If you cant make it in a certain day you can simply work from home. If you have an appointment you can just change your schedule for that day and come in a bit later and work later. Flexibility and freedom to work the schedule you want is something not many places offer.

Pros

lunches, food, benefits, choose you own hours

Cons

Challenging clients

A Fun and Interesting Place for Growth

I haven't been with GrowME Marketing for very long, but so far I've really enjoyed my time. The rest of the team seems knowledgable and kind, and there is lots of opportunity to learn and grow with the company. There are several perks here that I haven't had at previous employers, like flex days and fluid start times, and they appear to value diligent work.

There's plenty of opportunities to grow while also learning new skills from the people you're surrounded by!

I started working with GrowME as a relatively new grad with minimal experience in the industry, and over the past few years, I've been able to expand my skills and have learned so much with the team! As the company continues to grow and expand, so have my roles and responsibilities, and I love the opportunity to push myself with all the new work we get. Over the past two years, I've been able to see our team grow, and it's amazing to be surrounded by people who are all motivated by what they do and are always pushing one another to be the best they can be. While we take the work we do seriously, and all have our daily routines and responsibilities, we always make time to share a laugh, have team lunches, go for coffee runs and go out for team activities. I've never once felt hesitant to ask coworkers/management how I can perform better, how we can implement new strategies to improve the business and ask questions about how certain things are done around the workplace. Everyone is very openminded and is willing to help you perform better. Overall, it's a great work environment, and there's always plenty of opportunities to expand your skillset as long as you're willing to put in the effort and push yourself to the limit.

Fun and Productive place to work. Problem solving is the most important skill you need to bring to the table. Love working at GrowME Marketing!

Working At GrowME has helped me build character and integrity. I continuously face a new and exciting challenge for our clients, which requires me to be creative and execute on a strategy. Apart from the daily routine, there are constant fun events at work that keeps us motivated and makes the workplace feel like a fun place to be. The team of professionals is creative and fun to work with, which makes problem-solving even more enjoyable. The CEO always builds you up with confidence that enables you to be more productive. Best place to work!

Not worth your sanity

You can learn a lot here but not from management or anyone else. You're basically left to fend for yourself most of the time. Management has no problem throwing you under the bus to clients if things are not done correctly. Absolutely no constructive criticism is given. This company loves the blame game. The owner will hire family and friends and let them get away with things that other employees cannot get away with. He doesn't even try to hide the unfair treatment. Quality of work is non-existent due to the fact that he values quantity more. If you take your time on a project it is viewed as slacking and not working hard enough. The only good thing about working here is that you can work from home on occasion... but most companies nowadays offer this. You'll be pushed to work over 40 hours a week even though you are only paid for 40 hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was leaving at the end of the day.

Fast-paced, productive, and fun environment with an owner who has a heart of gold

I have essentially found my dream job working for GrowME Marketing. The environment is fast-paced, productive and exciting, and I get to do what I love every day. There’s a groundswell happening in the company, and it’s an incredible thing to be able to witness it. The founder of GrowME is a quintessential dreamer. He works hard and inspires excellence in his team, and I’m continually amazed and impressed by what he’s been able to accomplish. He can be eccentric, but it comes with the territory of being an entrepreneur. He is also one of the most generous people I know. In my mind, he embodies what it means to be a servant leader, giving so generously to his team, charities, and just everyone! Management, in general, can sometimes be disorganized, but that comes with the territory of a company in its first 10 years of business. GrowME rewards the people who put in the work; as far as I know, everyone is paid and treated fairly within the company. The benefits are fantastic (in the future, I would love to see a retirement plan become part of our benefits). The culture here is one of passion. We all have our differences, but we are passionate about what we do and about where the business is going. The kitchen is always full of food and snacks, we enjoy monthly team lunches, quarterly events, and the opportunity to work from home once per week. I didn’t think jobs like this actually existed until I started working here. I will say that GrowME is not for everyone; we’re looking for winners, people that work hard, and individuals whose values align with our -

The work is terrible, and the management is even worse

This company is a terrible place to work. All the owner/manager cares about is making more money for himself, at the cost of good work, and the employees' sanity. The owner preaches work/life balance but it is a complete lie. Management sees 50 hours a week as what should be your regular and 40 hours a week is unacceptable, even though you are paid hourly for a 40 hour week. And if you try and have a life outside of work they threaten to fire you. The owner hires his family and friends to work for the company and lets them get away with things that other employees can not. The nepotism is so apparent, and no one even tries to hide it. People are constantly speaking down to one another, making it an unenjoyable and toxic work environment. There is also a HUGE blame culture. The work itself is boring, mundane, and gets pushed out as fast as possible to make the owner more money. It is ALWAYS quantity over quality. If you try and add quality, and take your time on you are seen as slacking. If you value putting out good work, your sanity, and an enjoyable workplace I would NOT recommend GrowMe. Employee turnover rate is very high, and there is a very good reason for that. The only good thing about this place is you can work from home sometimes.

Pros

Work from home on occasion

Cons

The culture, the hours, the management, the boring work, nepotism, and pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GrowME Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement