Growmark

Growmark Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
The company benefits are fantastic. I believe you still get 2 weeks vacation to start, and great health and dental benefits. You also get 2 weeks of sick days a year, and they're really supportive of a positive work-life balance.

When I started with the company, I loved my job. I had fantastic coworkers, the management team was supportive, and I felt a sense of respect in my position. Slowly, this changed. I will not dispute that there are fantastic people that work in this company - I have always held such appreciation for coworkers; the problem I dealt with was management, both in communication and in driving culture. I slowly realized that when approaching management (at high levels too!) about problems, the common narrative is to blame rather than collaborate and understand, sometimes with hostility. In addition, communication about tasks often felt secretive, as if information was valuable and you only received it if you had seniority - even if you needed said information to do your job properly. This type of communication left me feeling undervalued, unappreciated, and inferior to those around me, even if it was unintentional by upper management.

I know I am not the only one that felt this way in the company, but I also know my opinion is not shared by others, and it certainly differs depending on what department or division you're in. If you intend on working here, just be careful. You will certainly enjoy your job at first, no doubt about that. Just take the next steps with caution.
Pros
Benefits and Wages
Cons
Toxic Work Environment
poor place to work family comes first doesn't matter length of time worked their they look after the family employee's first make sure they get the hrs no one else matters management sucks and no leader ship
Excellent people and management. have enjoyed working here and my employment will be done in May 2018 due to moving the current operations to a 3rd party.
Verified multiple entries on bank account daily
Learned to interpret gross margin for inventory on monthly basis

Good workplace culture

Environment changes
working at Growmark can be rewarding when all of the stars are in alignment. The company has had several recent years of strong financial results, and appears to be staying on this track.
Pros
strong balance sheet