Grouse Mountain Employee Reviews

Great place
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC22 March 2019
The community here is great. The benefits are pretty good. The pay is above always a good amount above minimum wage. I have to write more to fill the space.
Pros
Discounts, above average wage, community
Cons
I don't know. Maybe the tram
Great place to learn the basics of customer service
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC24 January 2019
As my first place of employment I found I was able to learn all customer service skills that I have taken with me to every other job. Additionally, the community on the mountain was inclusive and always kind.
Pros
Great community within co-workers.
Cons
Long hours and extremely taxing when busy.
Job for students and people who are okay with shoulder season
Line cook (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC17 January 2019
Very young staff in Lupins cafeteria, and the chefs only care about how much you can produce as fast as you can. Your shifts are constantly split if you have a culinary experience, between banquets and functions. This is great when it is slow but horrible when busy and pulling a 12 hour day with no break. If you one of the more reliable people you'll always be the one they call in (10 days straight)
Pros
Free skiing and Boarding, skating and the lumberjack show
Cons
Long hours, tram ride that your not paid for
fun work mates
LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2018
Enjoyed my time there as i got to ski for my job. Money wasnt the best but the people made it worth while. Would recommend this mountain to others as it was super close to the city
Pros
people
Cons
no staff accom
Fun and fresh!
Food & Beverage Admin (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 October 2018
I loved working at Grouse, it was such a cool place to be. The views are beautiful and the people are super friendly! The hardest part was leaving because I loved it so much!
Pros
Beautiful views, fresh air
Cons
Super busy, noisy atmosphere
Love working for Grouse Mountain
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC6 August 2018
Everyday I come to work I have a smile on my face. I absolutely love working as a camp leader. Our management team are so friendly, hard working, supportive and are always there with positive feedback. It's a great learning through doing environment. Both our manager and supervisors are wonderful and are very inclusive. Grouse Mountain overall is also just as wonderful. Everyone looks so relaxed and cheery. They accept you for who you are and it's the first time since co,ing to Canada I truly feel at home.
Pros
The wonderful management team, working outdoors and teaching, benefits like ziplining
Cons
Not a thing
fantastic place to work
Storeroom Attendant/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada22 February 2018
worked for several months and made lots of great friends and enjoyed every minute. get lots of benefits like free food %40 discount on clothes and also one free go of every activity they had on the mountain
fun
Outdoor Educator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2017
great I would love to keep working there.
Great people and community.
good hours flexible.
wish I could stay all year.
made great friends.
wish they had more jobs
fun place
First Cook Banquet (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2017
its very fun place to work and very nice view on north Vancouver
not very good pay and work load is alot
far to travel for me and not good public transportation
Positive, fun work-place, great co-workers/management, beautiful location, happy customers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2017
I loved having the opportunity to work for Grouse Mountain, it is an inclusive and fun work-place that encouraged growth and positive energy at all times. While working there, I had the opportunity to build on my leadership skills while loving every day of work. Great jobs are the ones that feel like home, and Grouse was just that.
Pros
great co-workers and management, fun work environment, ability to grow and learn
Cons
Distance/Commute
Always an Adventure
Zipline Guide (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
The work day was filled with meeting new people and creating the best experience for the customer. Safety was the paramount concern while dealing with visitors/tourists. The most enjoyable aspect about the job is meeting new people and working outside. The hardest part of the job was commuting to and from work.
Pros
Long lunches
Fun work place with great people
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC10 September 2016
Grouse is a fun place to work with the majority of staff being fun and welcoming people. Great for anyone travelling or part time students.
Pros
Social, great views
Cons
low pay
A good start up job
Dishwasher/food prep/cook trainee (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC14 July 2016
Every day I would come in, and get straight to work, sweeping the floor, helping the earlier shift catch up or assisting the chefs in whatever task they need done. I worked like that right up until end shift or closing. Thinking back, the work itself wasn't all that bad, stressful at times, fun being on the move constantly is good for the brain.

I learned about spacial relations, and being a part of a team to get one end goal.

The management was quite honestly terrible. Not a single one of the upper chefs cared about the dishwashers, or cared when they spoke up about issues. In fact, one of them would encourage harassment onto me, getting people to hit me over the head with metal objects.

The co-workers came and went, the people who stayed there a long time went a little stir crazy with the kitchens atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on my face, knowing that some of the worst kinds of people where there. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hard.
Pros
pay is alright, free food.
Cons
terrible management
fun fun fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC28 September 2015
rly nice place to work. good people, good managers. love everyone there.
It's a place where you will want to work
but at the same time you don't want to spend your day there.
Pros
it's grouse mountain
Cons
super far away
fun and friendly work environment. Best job ive had.
ski resort Canada, Rental Technician (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, Canada4 August 2015
Grouse mountain rental staff were fun and easy going. It was a great working environment with lots of perks. Management were friendly and easy to talk to. Great work experience.
Pros
free snowboarding and skiing, free hot chocolate.
Fun for part time
Rental Technician (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 January 2015
Being in the Rentals Outpost is 100% weather dependent. If you don't have another job for your income than this won't cut it. I love working here for the people, the perks and the view. Definitely not in it for the money.
Comfortable, welcoming environment that allowed me to use my customer service skills
Rentals service staff employee (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
Grouse Mountain was a fantastic job for many reasons. First of all, the friendly working environment allows all employees to enjoy their time at work throughout the toughest work day. Working in the rentals shop gave me the chance to really use my customer service skills. I chose not to continue through the summer due to the long daily commute.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
long commute
Great Staff, need higher wages and advancement in career
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC23 November 2013
Love the job and the staff I work with. Management treats staff decent but there needs to be more changes for staff advancement as well as higher wages.
ski / snowboard Instructor
Ski / Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 April 2012
Teaching / learning Ski and Snowboard

Free Seasons pass

Enjoy the snow

meet now people
Pros
free seasons pass
Cons
cold weather