GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions

GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Innovative company, IT and service driven.

The positives

Beautiful offices and great location if you live in the suburbs. Staff are encouraged to pursue their education.

The negatives

Staff are expected to do what it takes with minimal support. Middle management are hired with little to no knowledge of the industry and then label staff as incompetent because the managers do not understand what the company does. A lot of staff are often driven to tears due to stress of the job.
31 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride in our office space and are excited about moving into our new building in Surrey in the summer of 2020. We're also sorry to hear you feel staff aren't supported, and are stressed. That is certainly not our intent and while we are experiencing rapid growth, we understand that also comes with some challenges for our teams. We hope that those employees feeling stressed can speak directly to their managers and relay their concerns.
I worked for GroupHealth for 2 years and I left because the management at this company is horrendous. The manager I had in this company has been there since inception and I am sure she would never get a position like that if she had applied to the company today. There is little support and little encouragement to voice opinions about change. The management is quick to place blame on their staff. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They need a lot of work.
Pros
Flex Friday
Cons
Management, workload, inefficient, unfair, outdated and mediocre
31 December 2019
We're sorry to hear your experience at GroupHEALTH didn't meet your expectations. We do perform regular employee engagement surveys each year because we want to hear from our staff about what's working, and what could be better. We've made lots of improvements over the years as a result of this valuable feedback and encourage employees to continue to voice their opinions.
Poor management, does not support employee growth, believes in hiring cheap labour and treats long standing hard working employees with total disrespect. DO NOT RECOMMEND .
31 December 2019
We're sorry to hear your experience at GroupHEALTH was not a positive one. We very much value the contributions of all employees (new and tenured) and are sorry that you felt disrespected. We are committed to continually monitoring our compensation structure to ensure that it is competitive because we know it's important to attracting and retaining good talent.
Lots of great initiatives and offerings for a great employee culture. Unfortunately, too much volume of work for too few people, can mean that you never get to enjoy any of it.
18 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your balanced feedback and we're pleased that you appreciated our great culture and initiatives we're working on! We're growing rapidly and trying to scale at the same time; which is hard. We want our employees to be excited about where we're going, but understand it can be overwhelming at times, which is why we're hiring additional resources and investing in process improvement.
GroupHEALTH has amazing workplace culture, the work life balance makes for an overall good work experience. GroupHEALTH staff is very friendly, fresh, and fun to work with.
20 December 2019
Thank you for highlighting our workplace culture. It's something we've put a lot of effort to build over the years. We're pleased you're having a good experience and enjoy working with the team - they are awesome!
The job itself can be stressful but that is true for any sales job.In my experience the culture GroupHEALTH says they try to promote simply does not exist in the New Business Development Department. There are shortcomings in the training and certainly in the leadership arena. The Manager is lacking leadership skills and there seems to be no will to change this. The turnover rate illustrates this . There is a long history of complaints that have been reported to HR and yet no change in manager.
Pros
The co-workers were great but you were never sure who would be the next to leave.
Cons
Management sees people as a commodity that can simply be replaced rather than developed.
31 December 2019
We’re sorry to hear that working at GroupHEALTH didn’t meet your expectations. Our unique corporate culture is very special to us, and as an organization undergoing rapid growth, it is our goal to ensure that we are preserving the integrity of our culture while still achieving our growth goals. What we’re hearing from you is that some elements of our culture may have gotten lost as we’ve grown, so this is something we will continue to monitor.

We have conducted focus groups and developed retention strategies for departments where we have seen high turnover, and we are also committed to conducting annual employee engagement surveys and engagement action planning with our leaders. We rely on feedback like yours to help us identify where we can improve, so thank you for taking the time to share your review.
People are nice, and management is good too.
Team members are good, and people would like to help.

The business is good, and every year there are growths.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Not very flexible like wfh.
20 December 2019
Thanks for the feedback! We agree our people are fantastic and helpful. Our business is growing fast and we're happy your contributing to our journey. Based on employee feedback, we recently developed a remote worker policy that provides guidelines for employees and managers about work from home options.
I have been pleasantly surprised by how easy my transition as a new employee to this company was. The atmosphere in the office is very positive and upbeat. Management encourages collaboration and having fun at all levels.

The office is extremely easy to get to. No commuting in bad traffic for hours back and forth to Toronto. Every other Friday off. Celebrations (with cake or treats) actually happen on a regular basis.
Pros
The company genuinely cares about what the employees think and how they are feeling.
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience with us as a new employee. We're pleased you enjoy the work atmosphere and don't have to waste your precious time commuting to Toronto! Be sure to take advantage of our fitness and wellness initiatives to help balance the cake and treats!
good company, great people, awesome benefits and salary. cold calling environment, competitive nature of the job. management is good and supporting. fun events, employee group discounts
24 December 2019
We know our New Business Development team work hard to help grow our business; thank you for what you do. We're happy to hear you feel supported and enjoy the people you work with!
Working at GH is great, always fun and something going on, a celebration, or just congratulations to another colleague! The flexibility and hours are great as well and the balance between work and life is refreshing that you don’t find in many office atmospheres. We are unique!
24 December 2019
Thank you for the feedback! We've worked hard over the years to build a great culture here. Celebrating, and recognizing each other is an important foundation to creating the team environment we have today!
I have been with GroupHEALTH Benefits for less than 6 months, but I already feel that it is an excellent place to work. I come from a very large company where I spent 6 years of my career, the culture there was incredible and it was not easy to leave. Now that I am finding my place with GroupHEALTH I know that I have made the right choice. I no longer commute an hour to get to work every day (only 10 minutes!) and the culture here is nothing short of amazing. This team celebrates even the small successes (with cake) and promotes community and a healthy lifestyle. There is definitely a work hard play hard attitude, the work is challenging and enjoyable. My plate is always full, yet balance is very important. Would strongly recommend!
Pros
Cake celebrations, fruit program, morning stretches, fitness perks
Cons
Growing pains - growing very rapidly, hard to keep up
24 December 2019
Thank you for the balanced feedback and we're excited that you feel you made the right choice to work for us! Everyone here works hard to support our aggressive growth, but one of our core values is to also "Have Fun and Laugh...Lots!" - we hope you do!
I started at GroupHEALTH late 2017, fantastic place to work! Healthy work environment, wonderful employees, great on-boarding process. The company has a very leading edge product and they are ahead of other companies in the industry as far as implementing the appropriate technology to support growth. I feel this company will continue to be successful because of the combination of an excellent product, coupled with their focus on employee health and happiness!! Employees are the greatest asset of an organization and too many companies are forgetting this in our current day and age!!
Pros
Advanced technology, innovative products, bright clean healthy office environment, fantastic culture, weekly stretches, fresh fruit and veggie platters in the kitchen
Cons
I have not run into any cons so far!
31 January 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We’re happy to hear that you think GroupHEALTH is a great place to work!
Managers don't know how to manage or lead a team. No one cares, they try to sugar coat the job with the "perks" however you are doing the job of 3-4 people and don't get anything out of it. Salary is horrible and the only thing that is positive about it are the people working with you (who are also slowly dying due to the conditions of working at GH).
17 January 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We receive a lot of positive feedback about our culture at GroupHEALTH and I am sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t a positive one. Success at GroupHEALTH depends on open and honest communication, and we encourage employees to use our open-door policy to discuss work-related concerns or suggestions with their manager. Feedback can also be submitted anonymously through our company intranet where a member of the HR department reviews it. Regarding salaries, we commit to performing annual compensation reviews where we compare ourselves to external market data and to ensure we are maintaining internal equity within the company.

Every review on Indeed provides us with constructive feedback to become a better employer – so thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
High pressured sales and poor management.. Not good work practices and Integrity and very dishonest with employees and prospects...Very political.

HR was not experienced to work with employees to transition to where they were best suited and right fit.
31 December 2019
We're sorry to hear that working at GroupHEALTH didn't meet your expectations. The New Business Development team is important to our future growth and success. Sales roles can certainly feel high pressured, but we pride ourselves on the products and services we offer our potential clients. Doing what is right is one of our core values and so integrity and honesty are very important to us. If any of our values are not being lived by, we hope employees bring it to our attention.
Not your typical insurance industry job, fun dynamic environment with ample opportunity to grow. Convienent location away from the hassle of downtown.
Pros
focus on wellness
Cons
fast pace
24 December 2019
We're pleased you don't see us as "typical insurance" - our primary goal is to provide innovative products and services to our clients that separate us from our competition. We agree our pace of growth can be challenging at times, but hope you appreciate being part of an innovative, growing organization!
I've been with GroupHEALTH for many years and it just keeps getting better. The culture is fantastic, and everyone is so supportive. The company is constantly growing and evolving and there are lots of opportunities for employees to try new things and learn about other departments. This also means that things rarely get stale as there is always a new opportunity right around the corner. Senior management is very approachable and open to hearing thoughts and suggestions from everyone within the organization. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Interesting and challenging work, Every other Friday off, Great benefits package, Lots of perks - birthday celebrations, weekly stretches, fresh fruit and vegetables.
24 December 2019
We're pleased you appreciate our culture and co-workers! It's good to hear that you feel our senior management are approachable - they certainly appreciate feedback and suggestions on how to continue to make this a great place to work.
I've been working with GroupHEALTH for eight years, and I've advanced my career several times. GroupHEALTH values the investment in people and promotes within when possible.

The company is willing to look outside the box for creative solutions to the rising cost of group benefits. We have a client focus at all times, and work hard to resolve issues as quickly as possible. The company is growing quickly, and this at times creates increased work loads, but this is a good problem to have. Great job security!!

The Happy Friday program that is available with most positions, gives employees the opportunity to have a better work/life balance. Parents can now volunteer in the classroom and for class trips, and not feel left out of school activities. Dropping off and picking up children from school on Friday is a real highlight for staff. We work an extra 30 minutes and then get every second Friday off. On the Friday you do work,you get off 30 minutes early.

The people at GroupHEALTH are great to work with!
Pros
Fresh fruit daily, yoga stretches, walking and running groups twice each week.
Cons
Fast paced environment, and this for some may be challenging.
24 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a balanced review and thank you for your years of service! We're happy that you appreciate the Happy Friday program and can enjoy some work/life balance as a result. Since we're continuing to grow rapidly, we agree the pace can be hectic which is why we've invested in process improvements, technology and people!
I have been working at GroupHEALTH for 5 months and really enjoy the family atmosphere here. There are lots of opportunities to advance and get to know your colleagues. The company really cares about wellness and work/life balance. The days fly by and things change fast which for me always makes for an interesting day! Overall I am so happy with making the move to GroupHEALTH!
Pros
great benefits, every 2nd Friday off, focus on wellness, opportunity to advance
Cons
we are growing and things change so you have to like that kind of environment.
24 December 2019
We're glad you like the atmosphere at GroupHEALTH and are happy with your decision to make the move to our Company. As a company that continues to grow rapidly, we agree that you have to be comfortable with change and a fast paced environment!
Great place to work, however they are growing and reorganizing. Worked with all employee benefits, setting new groups, dealing with Clients, Brokers Insurance companies etc. Sending renewal census data to Insurance Companies. Supplying the clients with there claims experience. Please review my resume.
Pros
Amazing staff and Partners
Cons
Job security
24 December 2019
Thank you for the review! Our company has certainly grown and evolved a lot over the past few years and continues to do so. We agree that our employees are amazing and work incredibly hard together as a team.
I was hired at Group Health to maintain and look after over 150 accounts. I would make sure that applicants filled out their forms correctly, and submit them to the Insurance companies. I would also sign them up for MSP. I would answer emails, phone calls, and produce the monthly invoices.

Poor training in the beginning

Co workers were great! The management were great too but sometimes disorganized.

Lack of communication was the hardest part

Being busy and active were great!
Pros
Busy office
Cons
Poor communication
Salary: Low
Culture: Artificial. New to Agile.

Job Security: Low. Told one day it is rock solid. The next day major lay offs.

Management: Completely non-technical. Poor technical judgement. Guarding themselves with technical staff.

Work/Life Balance: Good but don't call in sick. You'll be treated like a criminal.

Overall their technology is bad and people are guarding themselves and their job by using office politics.
Pros
Lunch walks
Cons
See above
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions Reviews by Location