GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions Employee Reviews

Really Enjoying This Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 April 2018
I have been with GroupHEALTH Benefits for less than 6 months, but I already feel that it is an excellent place to work. I come from a very large company where I spent 6 years of my career, the culture there was incredible and it was not easy to leave. Now that I am finding my place with GroupHEALTH I know that I have made the right choice. I no longer commute an hour to get to work every day (only 10 minutes!) and the culture here is nothing short of amazing. This team celebrates even the small successes (with cake) and promotes community and a healthy lifestyle. There is definitely a work hard play hard attitude, the work is challenging and enjoyable. My plate is always full, yet balance is very important. Would strongly recommend!
Pros
Cake celebrations, fruit program, morning stretches, fitness perks
Cons
Growing pains - growing very rapidly, hard to keep up
Excellent Leading Edge Company, Fantastic Product, Great Culture!!
NBD Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 January 2018
I started at GroupHEALTH late 2017, fantastic place to work! Healthy work environment, wonderful employees, great on-boarding process. The company has a very leading edge product and they are ahead of other companies in the industry as far as implementing the appropriate technology to support growth. I feel this company will continue to be successful because of the combination of an excellent product, coupled with their focus on employee health and happiness!! Employees are the greatest asset of an organization and too many companies are forgetting this in our current day and age!!
Pros
Advanced technology, innovative products, bright clean healthy office environment, fantastic culture, weekly stretches, fresh fruit and veggie platters in the kitchen
Cons
I have not run into any cons so far!
Official response from GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions
31 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We’re happy to hear that you think GroupHEALTH is a great place to work!

I don't recommend this job at all, even for experience.
Associate, New Business Services (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 January 2018
Managers don't know how to manage or lead a team. No one cares, they try to sugar coat the job with the "perks" however you are doing the job of 3-4 people and don't get anything out of it. Salary is horrible and the only thing that is positive about it are the people working with you (who are also slowly dying due to the conditions of working at GH).
Official response from GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions
17 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We receive a lot of positive feedback about our culture at GroupHEALTH and I am sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t a positive one. Success at GroupHEALTH depends on open and honest communication, and we encourage employees to use our open-door policy to discuss work-related concerns or suggestions with their manager. Feedback can also be submitted anonymously through our company intranet where a member of the HR department reviews it. Regarding salaries, we commit to performing annual compensation reviews where we compare ourselves to external market data and to ensure we are maintaining internal equity within the company.

Every review on Indeed provides us with constructive feedback to become a better employer – so thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

GREAT place to work
manager (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BC13 June 2017
Not your typical insurance industry job, fun dynamic environment with ample opportunity to grow. Convienent location away from the hassle of downtown.
Pros
focus on wellness
Cons
fast pace
Fantastic Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 May 2017
I've been with GroupHEALTH for many years and it just keeps getting better. The culture is fantastic, and everyone is so supportive. The company is constantly growing and evolving and there are lots of opportunities for employees to try new things and learn about other departments. This also means that things rarely get stale as there is always a new opportunity right around the corner. Senior management is very approachable and open to hearing thoughts and suggestions from everyone within the organization. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Interesting and challenging work, Every other Friday off, Great benefits package, Lots of perks - birthday celebrations, weekly stretches, fresh fruit and vegetables.
Growing company with great opportunity for advancement!
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2017
I've been working with GroupHEALTH for eight years, and I've advanced my career several times. GroupHEALTH values the investment in people and promotes within when possible.

The company is willing to look outside the box for creative solutions to the rising cost of group benefits. We have a client focus at all times, and work hard to resolve issues as quickly as possible. The company is growing quickly, and this at times creates increased work loads, but this is a good problem to have. Great job security!!

The Happy Friday program that is available with most positions, gives employees the opportunity to have a better work/life balance. Parents can now volunteer in the classroom and for class trips, and not feel left out of school activities. Dropping off and picking up children from school on Friday is a real highlight for staff. We work an extra 30 minutes and then get every second Friday off. On the Friday you do work,you get off 30 minutes early.

The people at GroupHEALTH are great to work with!
Pros
Fresh fruit daily, yoga stretches, walking and running groups twice each week.
Cons
Fast paced environment, and this for some may be challenging.
Great culture and lots of growth!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 May 2017
I have been working at GroupHEALTH for 5 months and really enjoy the family atmosphere here. There are lots of opportunities to advance and get to know your colleagues. The company really cares about wellness and work/life balance. The days fly by and things change fast which for me always makes for an interesting day! Overall I am so happy with making the move to GroupHEALTH!
Pros
great benefits, every 2nd Friday off, focus on wellness, opportunity to advance
Cons
we are growing and things change so you have to like that kind of environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4