Groupecho Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 February 2019
I worked at Groupecho for 9 months and was very happy with my experience there.

Overall, Groupecho was a great place to work. My collegues were very understanding and helpful and the work environment and culture were very open and very conducive to a learning atmosphere.

From my experience, they treat their employees well, and it was overall a great place to hone your craft.
Good management , fun work environment and expanding company
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC5 December 2018
I worked at Groupecho for 6 months and i liked going to work everyday. I was hired as an IT project manager and reported directly to the president and VP of the company. All i have to say about them is they are very nice, fun and understanding people. I was treated very well and with respect during my 6 months at Groupecho.

Everyone there was nice and helpful, work environment was great. Company benefits and lots happy hour for employees.

Overall my experience at Groupecho was amazing.

I only quit because i lived far and had a 2 hour commute everyday.

Great company with strong leadership that is expanding nationwide.
Pros
Awesome management, fun work environment, salary, benefits, company events, c
Cons
None for me
Horrible, discriminatory, disrespectfull environment
More than one department (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 November 2018
The managment does not recognize good work. They won't tell you if it is good, but they WILL tell you if it is not. You are considered as a number, do not expect them to respect you or your accomplishments. The only good thing there is the employees and some of the low managment.

Everybody is replacable, that we know. But there at Groupecho, they will make you feel it everyday and they will remind you they can fire you anytime.

The salary is FAR from competitive. It is acctually almost the same as the minimum wage, but the job does require specific skills not everyone has.

Do not expect to go up in the company. There is no place for that. And if ever you have the misfortune of sharing your opinion..... well God help you.

After working almost 4 years for this company, I am telling you, do not go there. There is millions of better opportunities out there.
Pros
nice employees, week ends off
Cons
everything else
Welcoming envronment where everyone knows your name
Manager (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC27 August 2018
I have been with the company for 3 years now and can say that I am very satisfied with my job.

Everyone from the president, to upper management, to even the receptionist are extremely friendly and open minded; My superiors are always ready to meet with me no matter how busy they are and have an open mind to new ideas; the RRSP program is a lot more profitable than I have seen in past jobs; the company organizes many large scale events like BBQs and happy hour events at nice bars and free coffee and doughnuts every now and then.

Groupecho offers great opportunities to those looking to learn something new or looking for entry level positions. You will learn tons about the credit industry that you will not learn in school.
Variety
prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC4 June 2018
Great Place to work. One hour lunch and daytime schedule. Every day is different with a variety of case load. Lots of poeple to ask for help and advice from. You get to interact with clients as well as suppliers and everythign in between!
Pros
variety in my work, busy, helpful coworkers, close to home, one hour lunch
Cons
departments are getting bigger and bigger so maybe we need to move to larger space
Love working here ! Very positive can do atmosphere!
office clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC29 May 2018
Everyone is wiling to help. A very hands on approach to staff and to management. No door closed. Always open to suggestions like the suggestion box in the cafeteria! Many company and employee events. Beautiful years of service gifts from Birks! I can't wait for my five years!
Pros
Lots of company perks and openness and free parking!
Scary
Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 May 2018
Sad environment, intelligence, insight is not valued. You are hired to execute, no more. Do not express an opinion or this young and inexperienced new leadership team will let you go without warning. Walk away. Stressful, no job security very little perks
Pros
Some of the staff, little parties
Cons
Too many to list
Great job opportunity with perks !
Collections (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 May 2018
Very welcoming environment , lots of help and friendly co workers . Motnhyl events and bonuses ! Active social committee and field trips ! Interesting work where I am learning a lot .
Pros
Free Parking, learning, group benefits, social committee
Great job opportunity with perks !
Collections (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 May 2018
Pros
Free Parking, learning, group benefits, social committee
Great environment
research (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 May 2018
Lots of interesting tasks and research work. Great atmosphere and people I work with. Good benefits and lots of company events. family style business that cares
Pros
many events to bring departments together to get to knwo more people
Fantastic and Helpful!
investigation (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 May 2018
really friendly staff and co workers! lots of team building and fun company activities! Gym membership and free parking is great! interesting investigative work.
Pros
Great comp plan and activities!
Si je pouvais mettre 0 étoiles je le ferais!
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC1 May 2018
Cette compagnie a été ma pire expérience de travail à vie!

Pour débuté, les salaires sont nettements en dessous de la moyenne et les tâches sont plus abondante que la moyenne...

De plus, aucune initiative ou opinion n'est la bienvenue, ils refusent tout changements. Donc le personnel est pris avec des méthodes et outils dépassés.

De surcrois, le management crée une ambiance malsaine en rabaissant les employés en les dénigrant entres eux. Ceci cree donc aussi un manque de motivation donc ils compensent les baisses de revenu en renvoyant du personnel pour surcharger le personnel restant...

En bref, tennez-vous loin de cette compagnie si vous tenez à votre santé mentale!
Pros
Je cherche encore
Cons
Beaucoup trop
Very Nice Company to work
prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC27 April 2018
Very nice teams to work with

Little turn over, company is looking to keep employees.

Fun activities, beautiful and amazing Christmas party, caban à sucre, fun lunches. And others

Company is growing very fast! Many new hires and many seniors to account on.

Departments have available trainers to assist you at any time

Managers are fun and helpful to understand employees needs, for a fast paste growing company is very reassuring.

Good to acquire experience and knowledge

Very happy of my choice!!!
Pros
one hour lunch and two breaks, 8:30-17:00 work hours, if you porsuing univeristy study managers flaixible to help
Prefer to not say (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 April 2018
Productive positive and fun place to work!
Gestionnaire des recevables (Current Employee) –  Rimouski, QC21 March 2018
I have been working at Groupe Écho for a couples months and I love my new job, The management is very kind and friendly and my coworkers are all very professional and welcoming, I intergreted the groupe very easily!
Un milieu de travail très agréable - environnement valorisant
agente recouvrement (Current Employee) –  Rimouski, QC21 March 2018
Je travaille à la succursale de Rimouski depuis quelques années et j'espère y être pour plusieurs années encore ! Un milieu de travail agréable, une direction compréhensive et à l'écoute de nos besoins. Un milieu axé sur notre développement et récompensé selon notre rendement.

Une flexibilité avec mes obligations familiales, belle conciliation travail famille, je ne pourrais pas demander mieux.

L'apprentissage est à l'infini, j'apprends de nouvelles choses tous les jours et je suis bien encadrée.

Je recommande avec un A+
Pros
1 heure de repas, conciliation travail famille, avantages sociaux, reer collectifs
Cons
aucun
Mauvais salaire , mauvais management
perso (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 March 2018
Salaire pas compétitif du tout , aucun avancement de carrière possible , management absolument horrible , ajustement salariale annuel insultant , zéro respect ni reconnaissance pour le travail/performance/ ancienneté , aucune vision d'avenir , les employés quittent un après l'autre , le bateau coule depuis l'arrivée du nouveau management et rien n'est fait pour sauver la situation . À éviter
Pros
Rien
Cons
Salaire, management, avancement possible, respect etc etc etc
A éviter..
Adjoint administratif (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC29 January 2018
Aucun encadrement...aucun respect des employés environnement de travail malsain.
Pros
Srationnement
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 December 2017
Great employees
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC21 August 2017
I met great people and it was a good environment for learning new skills. I gained knowledge about the credit world. I talked to employers from around the world, it was a great experience.