Groupe Touchette Inc.

Groupe Touchette Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
Fired for danger pay request
Requested danger pay, asked for it did not give ultimatum. Fired immediately ..........
Good lower level management, co workers were mostly lazy and didnt show up for work.
Le plus gros distributeur de pneus au Canada
Une grosse PME qui se donne les moyens de ses ambitions.
A ne pas aller
Une job ou on se fait mal parler la sécurité ny es pas on se fait accusé si un problème es present on peut etre couper a tout heur si le superviseur ne vous aime pas
Très mauvaise expérience
La compagnie est étirée dans toutes les directions. Surcharge de travail, délais très serrés..
Très faible niveau de performance au niveau des cadres.

Les ressources humaines sont dirigées par une personne qui est dans son premier rôle exécutif, et qui mène par les préjugés et les opinions plutôt que le potentiel réel des employés. Aucun accompagnement n’est offert aux employés.
Toxic environment, terrible place to work and never a room for growth
The work enviroment is toxic and there is no room for growth in this organisation, the wage is very low and the job is physically challenging. Am still here just to earn a paycheck but i am actively looking. So pls jsut look away or join and regret later
Pros
I haven't seen a benefit of working here
Cons
physically demanding
Superbe
Les gars sont très sympathiques, la direction est souple et compréhensive
Leadership
My experience in this company is great but those who leads need some help in managing and leadership. Need 2
Know who to promote and who need training
Pros
Management working skills needed
Cons
Managers need some leadership training how to work effectively and business communication, promotion or wages increase is very poor so the job is very physical but very law wages
Faire plus avec moins
Si travailler en sur-temps à chaque semaines et ne pas avoir la possibilité de reprendre ce temps vous intéresse, c'est l'endroit rêvé.

C'Est une entreprise qui vise haut et qui a beaucoup de projet. Par contre, vu la grosseur des tâches de travail, la rétention d'employé y est plus difficile. Les employés doivent donc toujours combler les postes vacants et cela deviens épuisant rapidement,
Pros
Collègues sympatiques
Cons
beaucoup trop de tâches avec délais trop court
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Groupe Touchette Inc.?
Toxic workplace, horrible HR. Run as fast as you can.
This company has a lot of potential, it dominates the market in its category. The ceo is surrounded by incompetent people. It is a quebec only leadership team that fails to understand any canadian nuiance. HR is simply the worst, no carreer path, no objective assessment, an opiniated clic that does not understand the first thing in conflict resolution. They will execute any and every order from the VPs.
The true problem in this company is the lack of leadership in HR. They keep loosing great talent.
Objective Pros and Cons
Review from an experienced warehouse worker who's been with them for years:

INDUSTRY

The tire industry is cyclical. Throughout the year there's moderate levels of work, but as winter comes along it gets intensely busy. More than half the year's business in a couple months, so expect to work extra hours in October & November. Gets busy in April and May too, although not as busy as winter season. Times of the year that people aren't changing tires, warehouse work is receiving tires before next season and inventory counts.

TASKS

You're lifting hundreds of tires and rims every day. Relatively demanding labour.

Being all just tires and rims makes the work simple. Very little to learn about the products. Most important skill is attention to detail because people make numerous mistakes just reading numbers wrong picking/receiving. Company uses RF scanning guns which makes the work easier.

Operating reach truck requires more skill than most warehouses because they use cages where you have to align all 4 corners almost perfectly to put one cage on top of another (goes 4 or 5 cages high, depending on warehouse). And aisles are so narrow that you're squeezing back of reach truck on cages behind you to take down cages in front of you. Narrower than necessary caused by poor warehouse layout.

WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT

Varies significantly by warehouse of course. One of their warehouse managers is one of the best you'll ever experience. Another one was amongst the worst managers you'd ever have, a dopehead that made extremely foolish decisions daily and treated other dopehead
 - more...
Mico-Management a son meilleur
Presidents tres presents..
VP mico-management incroyable...Pour une demande tu doit passer par 3-4 personnes.
Poor
I performed
My job very well the customers loved me I always delivered their products. Alas

I was fired for no reason even after my 3 months. I was given a

Letter stating that I should have been let go 9 days prior to when I received the letter. Even upon the dismissal I asked why I was fired they could come up with no reason at all. Very slimy company to work for
Groupe Touchette
Overall the employees in the company were great and it was more like a family oriented feel. The management didn’t have things in control so a lot of stuff was then thrown onto the employees. Overall it was not a bad experience but a learning experience.
good home balance
HR not supporting employee but management. Lack of communicaton and support from other department. Good teamwork when asked. When asked,, we can work from home which is a good home balance
the worst
%75 warehouse work.. don't forget to mention that..don't forget the questionable fleet of vehicles that have no safety equipment..like ,, maybe SNOW TIRES. that's how much you will mean to the biggest TIRE company in Canada.
Pros
Cons
bad everything.
Horrible experience
Poorly run. Low moral.The "manager" is very insecure and suffers from, I think, a personality disorder. Has an upper management brown nosing problem, too. He plays favorites, also, starting with a family member he hired. Manager uses bully tactics that went by the way of the dinosaur. Head office won't help you, as they're the root of the problem. Don't work there! Left on my terms.
Bon employeur, mais travail difficile
Groupe Touchette est un excellent employeur et prodigue de bons emplois pour ceux cherchant un travail à temps plein. Cependant, le travail est difficile et demande une bonne forme physique et une bonne endurance.
Pros
Permet le maintient d'une bonne forme physique
Cons
peut être très salissant par moments
Environnement de travail agréable
Horaires flexibles
Bonne assurance médical

Cordialité entre collègue
belle ambiamce de travail
Une belle famille de travail, les RH sont à l 'écoute et présent a tous moments.
Cons
courtes pauses, pas d'heures fixe de fin de shift
Don’t do it. Just don’t.
The culture in this building is toxic. The management treat staff like garbage and there are no standards.
I was recently let go for accidentally kicking a door. No warning. No conversation. It’s a toxic place that will squeeze whatever life you have out of you and walk on your corpse to get ahead.

The song 9-5 by Dolly Parton fits well.

They lie and fudge information to get ahead.

The other staff are wonderful but the turn over is incredible because they can’t keep quality staff long.
Pros
Benefits are ok but over priced.
Cons
Literally everything else. This place is a dumpster fire.
Run as fast as you can
I worked there for 3 years. Their passion is to hire immigrants to underpay them or get interns and not pay them. Everyone in my department is underpaid, immigrant or not. We are below the entry level salary (in Canada) for this position. They get rid of people and hire new people like we're numbers. In my 20+ years of work experience, I've never seen such horrible management. It's disorganized in every aspect. You cannot trust HR. Don't trust their comments on this website neither. You have to learn everything by yourself. You will be expected to work an insane amount of hours during the rush season. Someone got fired? No problem, just do your work and their work and we will never hire someone else to take that position. Nobody ever thanks you for your hard work. And yes, you will have too much work to do all year round.

There's so many red flags. Just run and don't look back.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupe Touchette Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8