Groupe Touchette Inc. Employee Reviews

Bonne assurance médical
Cordialité entre collègue
belle ambiamce de travail
Livreur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2019
Une belle famille de travail, les RH sont à l 'écoute et présent a tous moments.
Cons
courtes pauses, pas d'heures fixe de fin de shift
Don’t do it. Just don’t.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2018
The culture in this building is toxic. The management treat staff like garbage and there are no standards.
I was recently let go for accidentally kicking a door. No warning. No conversation. It’s a toxic place that will squeeze whatever life you have out of you and walk on your corpse to get ahead.
The song 9-5 by Dolly Parton fits well.
They lie and fudge information to get ahead.
The other staff are wonderful but the turn over is incredible because they can’t keep quality staff long.
Pros
Benefits are ok but over priced.
Cons
Literally everything else. This place is a dumpster fire.
Run as fast as you can
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2018
I worked there for 3 years. Their passion is to hire immigrants to underpay them or get interns and not pay them. Everyone in my department is underpaid, immigrant or not. We are below the entry level salary (in Canada) for this position. They get rid of people and hire new people like we're numbers. In my 20+ years of work experience, I've never seen such horrible management. It's disorganized in every aspect. You cannot trust HR. Don't trust their comments on this website neither. You have to learn everything by yourself. You will be expected to work an insane amount of hours during the rush season. Someone got fired? No problem, just do your work and their work and we will never hire someone else to take that position. Nobody ever thanks you for your hard work. And yes, you will have too much work to do all year round.

There's so many red flags. Just run and don't look back.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
This place is a circus
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 November 2018
Don't bother wasting your time with this company. Management are disrespectful dishonest unprofessional and clueless about their job. No respect for employees treat you like youre begging them for a favor
Pros
Cons
Long hours under paid unprofessional company
Great place to learn!
Professional (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2018
Groupe Touchette is a great company that is growing very fast. You can help with various projects and your ideas are always welcome! The team spirit is great and I would recommend this company to anyone who is excited with challenges and wants to break the status quo.
Pros
Work environment, colleagues, tasks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2018
Not recommanded
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  West Montreal2 November 2018
I worked there for few days in the West of Montreal ..
heavy dangerous work and doesn’t stop all day during the rush time ..
with Moving thoses heavy tires with rim.. you should be careful to not hurt your back
Pros
Supervisor is a very nice guy
Cons
Dangerous work
travail captivant , culture d'entreprise décevant
Gestionnaire Opérations & Logistique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2018
travail au quotidien captivant
roulement de personnel incroyable
culture, management et valeurs de l'entreprise a desirer
Pros
liberter d'action
Cons
difficile d'avoir du temps de congé
Une grande entreprise avec une micro gestion aucune reconnaissance
Commis de bureau (Former Employee) –  Montréal9 October 2018
Compagnie avec aucune stabilité vous êtes un numéro. un jour vous êtes un héros et le lendemain un zéro. Ressource Humaine, il en a pas vraiment si vous avez un problème avec un cadre bonne chance car cela va retourner contre vous. Ambiance pas vraiment agréable toujours sous la pression c'est malheureux si vous désirez un emploi à long terme c'est pas vraiment l'endroit car votre voisin de bureau est là un jour puis le lendemain il est parti et une semaine plus tard un petit courriel pour vous dire Nous souhaitons bonne chance à ........... pour son nouveau défi pourtant lors de la discussion de la veille il en avait pas. Bien triste !
Pros
Il a d'autre employeur
Cons
Ressource humaine

Want to know more about Groupe Touchette Inc.?

Ask a question
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC27 August 2018
The job includes lifting every sort of tire imaginable. You must be strong or have great stamina to work here or you'll fall behind in work quickly. Winter season has no end to the amount of tires that leave the warehouse.
Gros roulement de personnels aucune stabilité
Responsable (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 August 2018
Bonne entreprise par contre très gros roulement de personnels. Resources humaines sont complètement pour la direction. Ambiance maladive.
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
Aucune Stabilité
Très bonne compagnie
Agent de recouvrement (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2018
Agent de recouvrement près de 1400 comptes surtout au Québec et en Ontario
Pros
Les journées passent très vite
Cons
devoir traverser le pont tout les matins devient désagréable
manque de stabilité
Superviseur d'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal4 June 2018
Trop de changement de personnel, étant donné les périodes de pointe
Order picking
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Bc28 May 2018
Worked for 1 year as a temp long hours bad pay.
Laid off around may then hire again in winter worked for a month or so had a small accident then fire me before I left the building,then hired back on for a short time then fired me AGAIN.
The machines in the building are OLD. codes are not kept up to date. The shipper has a attitude worst yhan the bosses who do not know what they are doing.
You smell like rubber and they except to 6 days a week. You work from the minute you walk through the door until you leave
Pros
Lunch time and going home
Cons
Waking up to a bad kept building and bad bosses
Great environment, passionnate team
Professional (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 April 2018
Working at Groupe Touchette is really motivating. Passion and innovation is not only words in our logo, they are true values that show thru the company and it's employees. There is a good atmosphere and it is a nice place to work.
High turnover
Management (Current Employee) –  Western Canada20 April 2018
There is a huge turn over of all levels of employees from labour to management throughout the entire organization due to poor senior management. I M O.

People are overworked and under paid. There is no life/ work balance.

No leadership , everyone is just a number and all ownership and senior executives care about are the numbers.

Do not be fooled by their promises.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs, heavy dangerous work, treated like a number.
Fortunate to work for Groupe Touchette!!
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 April 2018
Ambitious and energetic company with real opportunities!! Effective on the job training. The staff is very nice, friendly & respectful. Good work culture.
Environement tres agreable
Chauffeur de Lift/Picker (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC8 April 2018
Jai eu des bon boss des bon collegue jme suis bien bon on travaille sous pression mais sa cest un detail, pour le temp ke jetais la jai eu des beau moment
Pros
Bon patron
Cons
Salaire et aventage social
Company has too many red flags
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2018
I started working for this company in April 2016. All was well until I started realizing that the management was the worst of all I have seen to date. I was given a salary of 8$ less an hour than the previous manager, taken 5 days of vacation in the past 2 years, had to work every single weekend during the rush period and work overtime as well during the week. All because my immediate supervisor could not provide with extra help, due to budgeting issues. Here is some of the points that should convince anybody who applies for a position at Touchette, to not go through with it.

- High turnover rate. A company should never be on the hunt to fulfill their most important roles every 6 months or so. I have seen during my short time at the company that warehouse managers tend to quit after the rush periods due to the extreme nature of the workload they are given, including myself.

-Lack of training. I started as an order picker, then promoted warehouse manager after the previous one got fired. I NEVER got any training whatsoever to be able to fulfill my duties. The company simply does not provide any kind of training for any position. You have to ask people around and guess what solutions are best.

-Security. I have seen many times some accidents that could have been fatal. Most of them due to the cages holding the tires. They were used and in very bad shape, and the company could not provide new ones due to budgeting issues. I had to use them anyways because of the amount of tires we were receiving, and the ministry of labor was informed of the issue. Nothing was done. The
  more... management, again, could not take care of important issues like this. No health and security committee existed at the time of my departure.

-Communication. Nobody in the company knows who to report to, who to contact for certain issues, and my immediate supervisor was hard to reach, unless it was for something he wanted to resolve right away.

-Top-Heavy business. Too many executives brainstorming, too few employees tasked with executing. It is important to have strong leadership, but this company obviously lacked of it. My immediate supervisor was always in meetings, brainstorming ideas, trying to create plans. But nothing ever changed.

There is so many things that went wrong during my time working for them, and I know I am not the only one.
Pros
Possibility of advancement, although at a cost.
Cons
Company is riddled with cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupe Touchette Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7