Groupe Dynamite Inc. Employee Reviews

Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Canada28 April 2018
Fun and motivating place to work with lots of people focused on career development. Would recommend people to work here to really build a solid foundation.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Photographer and Content Creator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2018
Everyone there has a fun a enjoyable attitude. Since the industry Is constantly changing, you learn so much at Groupe Dynamite. The management always looks out for it's employees and tries to help out whenever they can.
Très bon emploi
Gérante Associée (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC4 April 2018
J'adore l'entreprise, la mission, les attentes et les objectifs sont très clairs.
Fun and challenging
Assistant Manager/ Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2018
In store management teams I worked with were all amazing. Had a few upper level management come and go during my time there. I ended up leaving because of the lack of stability. I met some of the best people I know working for this company, and some pretty nasty people too.
Pros
Great recognition program
Cons
This place consumes lives
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
vendeuse et caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal12 March 2018
L'aspect le plus agréable est de côtoyé des gens extraordinaires et de toujours avoir du fun au travail. Il y a toujours quelque chose à faire , le temps passe très vite.
Pros
Les concours et le challenge
Cons
Les petites chicanes de fille
Retail Envorionment
Garage (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
-Very high expectations of customer service, at times unattainable
-High wages only in management
-Hours cannot always be depended on, even if you are in a position of seniority
-Easy work, not always enjoyable
-Promotes internally
-Easiest position is sales associate or stock associate
-One of the hardest positions is Visual Assistant Manager
-Inconsistent communication
Pros
Great benefits for full time employees
Cons
High turnover of management
A good company with a good benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2018
This is a fast growing company with a lot of good opportunity and benefits. Workplace is good and manageable. A lot of workers in this company that you could work with.
Mauvais environnement de travail
Saisonnier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC21 January 2018
Un endroit où on attend toujours de vous plus que l'impossible avec des gérantes qui ne pensent qu'à leurs chiffres et ne tiennent pas compte des employés.
Fake, pressuring and dreadful workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
Managers are friendly only to your face and work in a very superior manner and treat the sales associates as inferiors. Not very genuine staff, very superficial relationships. The biggest thing I learned after finding a new job is, some managers truly care about you as a person and building a bond, at Dynamite that does not exist. I used to dread going in to work. Where I work now, managers are very caring and helpful and make an effort to improve the workplace. They decorate the staff room for occasions and bring treats every now and then. By the way, the lunch room was a small table and 2 chairs located in the back storage room at Dynamite. There was too much pressure to make sales goals at Dynamite and they reprimand you too often for not making those goals even though, you have to be able to give customers space... you cannot just keep harassing them to buy things. Also, currently I get 15 min breaks for working 4 hours, at Dynamite I was given a weird look when I asked for one so I never took more than 1. Also, you had to announce every time you went to the washroom which was annoying and put pressure on you to hurry and go because the managers are practically counting how many minutes you're in there! The only enjoyable thing was the 50% discount. Although, if you don't use it you get reprimanded. You MUST dress in dynamite clothes all the time. The one day I didn't my manager got very upset even though she told me on my first day it's okay to wear neutral colors that the store is carrying even if they are not dynamite. Also, if you leave your assigned section, they get  more... annoyed by that too BUT they also don't want you standing around, so if you leave to clean another section and happen to miss a customer behind you in your original section, you get in trouble for that too. Overall, that was my worst experience in any workplace. I really would not recommend working at dynamite to anyone unless you plan to stay long-term and are an introvert with the staff but an extrovert with customers. Well, at the Surrey location at least. I just cannot stress how much I love my new job compared to that one... i felt like I was in a jail (not to be dramatic)  less
Family like staff
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
The staff here are like a giant family. Work was definitely made fun by the people you work with. Otherwise work could range from boring, to stressful, to okay.
Flexible scheduling for the most part. Store level managers were hit and miss, district mangers were awesome, very friendly and helpful.
Pay is average for retail, 6-12 month raises are normally given. There is advancement into stock positions, store level management and upper management as well.
Work hours can be crumby including holidays, weekends, evenings, early mornings and occasional overnights.
Pros
great staff, flexible hours
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends, low pay
No growth, unprofessional dm
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
Lots of gossip from upper management, a lot of “do as I say and not as I do”. No growth if not willing to move cities. Head office visits unrealistic and stressful for no reason. New manager at store is lazy and useless causing all staff to leave
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Bien en général possibiliter d'Avancement un peu nul
PRÉPOSÉE AU SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 October 2017
Belle compagnie, beau produit, par contre les possibilités d'avancement pour cette compagnie sont assez restreinte
Pros
produit, équipe
Cons
salaire horaire et avancement
Super
Assistante gérante par intérim (Former Employee) –  Laval9 October 2017
J'ai adoré travailler chez Dynamite. L'ambiance de travail est détendu, l'équipe est chaleureuse. Peu d'oportunité d'avancement.
A great place for experience and advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 July 2017
I very much enjoyed working for Groupe Dynamite as they have great products and great employees. I worked with a great team and without their effort I don't believe we could have done the amazing work we would have accomplished together.
I learned so much patience with this job because the age target is so young that finding the right fit for young women that showed their style as well as the approval of thee parents was a challenge but greatly satisfying when you could really help a customer who didn't think they could "fit into the sizes" or this wasn's their "style".
It is very busy and it was always nice to know there was a task to do.
Good communication and great staff will lead to success in these stores.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Little incentive to complete excessive goals
Fun workplace
Young Vincentians Executive Committee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 June 2017
Easy to move up in the company. It is exciting to see how this Canadian company has grown and changed over the years. They always make sure to take care of their employees just as they do their customers.
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON8 May 2017
Dynamite is a great place to work at. Duties include greeting customers, keeping the store neat and helping customers with their shopping needs. Overall it is a great place to work at.
Fun Work Environment & Great People
Sales Associate/Fits. Rec/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2017
I worked with Groupe Dynamite for around 6 months, starting at Garage where I spent most of my time (4.5 months). Working at Garage was a great experience, it was a very organized and encouraging work environment, and I loved all of my co-workers! Unfortunately, the Garage location I was at closed down so I was transferred to Dynamite. I preferred working with younger girls at Garage, however my transition to Dynamite was still enjoyable, just much different than what I was used to. Dynamite is a business style store advertised to young business type women. As an 18 year old I preferred working at Garage because it was a store that catered towards people my age and clothing style, making it easier to connect with customers and make recommendations. Never the less both stores were enjoyable.
Nice salary and benefits, boring environment.
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
Long hours, boring environment, repetitive tasks over and over and over again. If you're a single guy, no real benefits from the store for you as it's all women's clothing.
environnement de travail stimulant!
troisieme clef (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC19 April 2017
Possibilités d'avancements, bien gérer, beaucoup de support des superviseurs. Le service client est de grande qualité. Le rabais employés est très avantageux.

Malheuresement, beaucoup de tâches reposent sur les GED sans avoir un salaire en conséquence. Beaucoup d'heures de travail consécutives sans pauses. Nous devons sans cesse acheter de nouveaux vêtements.

C'est une bonne école pour bien apprendre la gestion d'un magasin et ses chiffres, le service à la clientèle ainsi que les bases sur l'entretien visuel et la mode!
Pros
rabais employés, avancement
Cons
pas beaucoup de pauses
Overall great place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 April 2017
Great place for first time customer service experience and transferable skills that will help you in your later career. Great management team. a typical day would be to help customers find what they need by asking open ended questions and making sure they leave beyond satisfied. Key: Service with a smile.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay and pay increases