Groupe Dynamite Inc. Employee Reviews

Bonne compagnie pour travail étudiant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2018
Très plaisant de travailler là en tant qu'étudiant, je dirais simplement que en temps que carrière de vie ils ont encore quelque ajustement à faire.
Pros
50% sur les vêtements, concours
Cons
Management laissant parfois à désirer et c'est très long voir du changement
n/a
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 September 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for this company if you would like to grow within a company. Head office was probably the main reason why they lost 10 sore managers in the same year.
Not worth it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 August 2018
I worked for this company for 2 years as a manager and it is one of the most toxic companies I’ve ever worked for. Upper district managers have favourites in the company and will ensure those people succeed above people who genuinely work so hard. The managers who have taken over some stores now are incompetent and treat their staff poorly. I would never recommend working here.
Pros
discount
Cons
Everything else
Review of Groupe Dynamite
Retail & Sales (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2018
Great company to work with/for. Company cares for their girls and wants to make sure they are safe and heard/understood/validated.
Some minor improvements could be done such as screening for management, advancements in job opportunities, more breaks, etc. Great girls to work with. Very supportive management team. Hardest part of the job is getting rejections by customers but that can be easily overcome with giving promotions to keep them coming back. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending one-on-one time with customers on slow days. Making personal connections with people and making them feel good in the clothing they choose makes the job that much better.
Pros
Store sales contests to win prizes
Cons
Limited extended sizes available in store
Great People, Horrible Environment
Jr Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2018
Revolving door - especially upper management, which trickles down to the rest of the employees. They keep losing top talent due to the fact that there's zero room for growth.
Équipe de travail comme nul part ailleurs
Coordonnatrice à l'importation (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC11 July 2018
Une journée typique chez Dynamite est pleine de surprises et toujours dynamiques ! J'ai eu la chance de côtoyer des personnes extraordinaires qui m'ont faits grandir et qui ont su exploiter mon potentiel au maximum. J'ai pu vraiment apprendre à me connaitre et à apprendre de managers exceptionnels. Au poste de coordonnatrice d'importation les défis sont principalement les changements de directions constante, mais ce défi en vaut la peine parce que lorsqu'on réussit à arranger certains problèmes de livraison c'est gratifiant.
Pros
Un lieux de travail encourageant la créativité
Cons
Ambiance de travail difficile dû à la grande pression
good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON12 June 2018
great place to work, good management . opportunities to grow and develop. managers willing to teach. down side are retail hours and working most holidays
Easy Job for High School Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2018
This was my first official job and it was a great way to learn some basic skills that you are expected to know for contract jobs such as communication, time-management, and team work skills.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Canada28 April 2018
Fun and motivating place to work with lots of people focused on career development. Would recommend people to work here to really build a solid foundation.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Photographer and Content Creator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2018
Everyone there has a fun a enjoyable attitude. Since the industry Is constantly changing, you learn so much at Groupe Dynamite. The management always looks out for it's employees and tries to help out whenever they can.
Très bon emploi
Gérante Associée (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC4 April 2018
J'adore l'entreprise, la mission, les attentes et les objectifs sont très clairs.
Fun and challenging
Assistant Manager/ Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2018
In store management teams I worked with were all amazing. Had a few upper level management come and go during my time there. I ended up leaving because of the lack of stability. I met some of the best people I know working for this company, and some pretty nasty people too.
Pros
Great recognition program
Cons
This place consumes lives
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
vendeuse et caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal12 March 2018
L'aspect le plus agréable est de côtoyé des gens extraordinaires et de toujours avoir du fun au travail. Il y a toujours quelque chose à faire , le temps passe très vite.
Pros
Les concours et le challenge
Cons
Les petites chicanes de fille
Retail Envorionment
Garage (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
-Very high expectations of customer service, at times unattainable
-High wages only in management
-Hours cannot always be depended on, even if you are in a position of seniority
-Easy work, not always enjoyable
-Promotes internally
-Easiest position is sales associate or stock associate
-One of the hardest positions is Visual Assistant Manager
-Inconsistent communication
Pros
Great benefits for full time employees
Cons
High turnover of management
A good company with a good benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2018
This is a fast growing company with a lot of good opportunity and benefits. Workplace is good and manageable. A lot of workers in this company that you could work with.
Mauvais environnement de travail
Saisonnier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC21 January 2018
Un endroit où on attend toujours de vous plus que l'impossible avec des gérantes qui ne pensent qu'à leurs chiffres et ne tiennent pas compte des employés.
Fake, pressuring and dreadful workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
Managers are friendly only to your face and work in a very superior manner and treat the sales associates as inferiors. Not very genuine staff, very superficial relationships. The biggest thing I learned after finding a new job is, some managers truly care about you as a person and building a bond, at Dynamite that does not exist. I used to dread going in to work. Where I work now, managers are very caring and helpful and make an effort to improve the workplace. They decorate the staff room for occasions and bring treats every now and then. By the way, the lunch room was a small table and 2 chairs located in the back storage room at Dynamite. There was too much pressure to make sales goals at Dynamite and they reprimand you too often for not making those goals even though, you have to be able to give customers space... you cannot just keep harassing them to buy things. Also, currently I get 15 min breaks for working 4 hours, at Dynamite I was given a weird look when I asked for one so I never took more than 1. Also, you had to announce every time you went to the washroom which was annoying and put pressure on you to hurry and go because the managers are practically counting how many minutes you're in there! The only enjoyable thing was the 50% discount. Although, if you don't use it you get reprimanded. You MUST dress in dynamite clothes all the time. The one day I didn't my manager got very upset even though she told me on my first day it's okay to wear neutral colors that the store is carrying even if they are not dynamite. Also, if you leave your assigned section, they get  more... annoyed by that too BUT they also don't want you standing around, so if you leave to clean another section and happen to miss a customer behind you in your original section, you get in trouble for that too. Overall, that was my worst experience in any workplace. I really would not recommend working at dynamite to anyone unless you plan to stay long-term and are an introvert with the staff but an extrovert with customers. Well, at the Surrey location at least. I just cannot stress how much I love my new job compared to that one... i felt like I was in a jail (not to be dramatic)  less
Family like staff
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
The staff here are like a giant family. Work was definitely made fun by the people you work with. Otherwise work could range from boring, to stressful, to okay.
Flexible scheduling for the most part. Store level managers were hit and miss, district mangers were awesome, very friendly and helpful.
Pay is average for retail, 6-12 month raises are normally given. There is advancement into stock positions, store level management and upper management as well.
Work hours can be crumby including holidays, weekends, evenings, early mornings and occasional overnights.
Pros
great staff, flexible hours
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends, low pay
No growth, unprofessional dm
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
Lots of gossip from upper management, a lot of “do as I say and not as I do”. No growth if not willing to move cities. Head office visits unrealistic and stressful for no reason. New manager at store is lazy and useless causing all staff to leave
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Bien en général possibiliter d'Avancement un peu nul
PRÉPOSÉE AU SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 October 2017
Belle compagnie, beau produit, par contre les possibilités d'avancement pour cette compagnie sont assez restreinte
Pros
produit, équipe
Cons
salaire horaire et avancement