Group Dynamite Management reviews

Very Professional
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2018
Great work experience. Management was organized and supervisors helpfull.
I was well trained very well in my department.
When department made sales for the month there would always be a dinner as a thank you, which was very nice and made the team feeded valued.
Pros
Very Professional
Cons
Position was not creative
Expect too much
Management (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 March 2018
Work for this company for four years and just had to part ways. Upper Managment very out of touch with the front line workers. Expect you to have st least half your stage base be teenagers which is very hard to find “great” workers. When you finally would the expectations of them were not realistic. All cashier must get 80% or more of customers email address and if not they are written up and taken of cash no matter how amazing they are at literally everything else! Cant touch the cash register? Now your hours get cut as per head office and guess what? You’re amazing hires quit :( Impossible expectations and store manager and assistant end up baring a very huge load. Asm is hourly so no OT for them that all falls on the manager. 50-65hrs a week is the norm and no support from head office. The further away you are from H the more ignored you are. Zero hours given to get all the stock out, do all the fab elaborate decorating, babysit teens just in for comfy furniture and free wifi and use the headphones, while getting everyone’s email and pushing the app like it’s crack, and push the satisfaction survey and maintain 100% customer scores. It’s no wonder when it comes to the yearly employee opionion surveys the scores are low and turnover is high.
Pros
Good clothing discount although it’s capped off at a max per quarter
Cons
Long hours, uniform so less freedom to express yourself, no support from head office, high turn over
Great associates, horrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 March 2018
Management was always wanting more, never willing to compromise. Benefits were not great. Getting time off was a struggle. Communication between manager, dss and assistant manager was very difficult.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Hours, benefits, pay
Terrible work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba, Canada5 February 2018
Management expects you to give up your personal life for the store. When family emergencies come up, they are hardly understanding. They expect management members to treat their job as a career, but don’t give enough pay, flexibility, or stability. Very few opportunities to move higher than Manager. Managers are expected to put in as many hours as it takes, but are not paid over time.
Pros
Good discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours, no over time, bad balance
want alot for little
Visual Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2018
worked for this company for about a year. it was very difficult to keep management due to the stress and pressure. 4 managers per store and always 2 managers at a time on. very hard to keep morale.
Fun place to work at just the management is not the best
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2017
I love working here and I do love my job just the management isn’t the best and they don’t treat you like you should be treated. The people I work with are amazing though
Great people, not so great upper management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 October 2017
Day to day was a good environment. I just did not like that the DSS never had managements back. Never felt like they were trying to help you succeed. They were never happy with anything.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Its ok
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Management needs to be more supportive, complain less and appreciate hard work. Positive reinforcement is better than talking down to your staff......
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
management and dss
Poor upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2017
The company is fantastic for part time associates but working as a key holder or higher leaves a lot to be desired. They promote growth and advancement however there is little room for it. There is a huge disconnect between upper management and store management. District and regional supervisors often keep the stores in the dark. Even though you have the title of store manager the company micromanages and wants things done so specifically that a robot may as well do them. Salary leaves lot of room for improvement as I was offered an assistant position elsewhere that paid higher than stores manager. Sadly while they appear to listen and to care about staff opinion they do not. In my time with the company I had several conversations about concerns I had and nothing came of it. They smile, nod their head, and disregard. It is difficult to build a career somewhere where upper level management participates in gossip. Some managers work upwards of 50 hours a week with no thanks or appreciation. And certainly no help from higher ups.
Pros
Incentives for part time staff
Cons
Lack of appreciation
Fun and social environment
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC10 January 2017
I learned proper management techniques and assistance in opening and closing the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact and serve our friendly customers.
Productive and Fast paced job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2016
Gained a lot of management skills from my time with Group Dynamite. Would have liked to be in a better trustworthy work environment long term.
Pros
gained a lot of customer service skills
Cons
Lack of communication from DSS via employees
Do NOT Work with this company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  bc25 September 2015
No break unless you have a 6 hour shift, no compensation (commission) yet you are given a personal goal and you get scolded if you dont meet your goal, there are times where you will only get one 5 hour or a 3 hour shift per week, you are ask to do a lot of task, management is ridiculously terrible, district manager in the lower mainland is ridiculously terrible at managing all the stores and treating the staff, they treat employees like a slave, co workers talk behind each others back, you cant take vacations on black out periods ( december, august) even though you are just working for a clothing store, everything about this company is just terrible and no place for growth at all. I DONT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Pay is really bad (10.45), very few hours, a lot of task, No commission
Excellent work experience
inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2015
Learned about time management, and inventory related understanding and analysis
Friendly and nice coworker
The hardest part is understanding basic knowledge at beginning, and French understanding as third language
if you want to feel valued pick another company
manager (Former Employee) –  gta23 July 2014
The culture the company preaches about growth and and employee retention is false.
The company allows double standards in employee relations. My DSS didn't not embody or display any of the values she enforced from her store managers. You were not able to succeed you because you were not given more opportunity to do so. Basically if they didn't like you (for any reason, not job performance) they would force you out or find a way to say with no explanation "youre not a right fit". I know of them interviewing store managers in the gta area and telling the candidate they couldn't inform them of they actual location because they hadn't fired the current manager yet. Everything is done behind your back and in a manner that directly conflicts with the company's supposed employee relation policies.
If you're looking for part time employment and you have a good manager you would probably enjoy your time there. If you're looking for growth development and wanting term stay away from Groupe Dynamite.
Pros
music and discount
Cons
upper management, no belief in employees, unfair employee relation behaviours
Worst Company EVER!!!! Stay far away
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 April 2014
Was a store manager who was getting results but wasn't good enough, had zero support from DSS. This company will promise you promotions etc and then never deliver, the training in this company is horrible they pretty much throw you on a floor and tell you to sell, even though you don't know the product yet. Then they turn around and write you up even when you hadn't been properly trained and brought this to there attention. Don't take anything they say as truth, they go back on their word daily. Staff made numerous complaints about UPPER management and by upper I mean higher then store manager. Nothing was ever done about it, If you're not in their kliq they will push you out no matter what you accomplish. Just look at their website you will see company wide about 100 management positions available keyholder,assistant,associate,store manager and district sales supervisors. There is a reason for this, turn over is massive in this company and for good reason. Lack of training and support will always lead to people quitting or being fired. Yet they haven't figured this out yet. Worst experience I have ever had and I have worked for a few retail companies as a manager that were great. Be prepared to work 50+ hours a week with no appreciation.
Pros
Working with the in store team of girls. Good pay, but not worth it!
Cons
Upper management, no support, lack of training, 50+ hour weeks, working weeks without a day off, work way past midnight every week during visual changes
lack of encouragement and positive leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 April 2014
As a manager my job was to run a retail store in a positive and profitable manner. I have had many years experience doing just that.
I have had the opportunity to work for a few retail organizations over the years and a couple of them were absolutely wonderful. They encouraged, promoted, compensated and treated their management, supervisors and even floor staff with respect. Until I worked for the Garage Clothing Company (Dynamite Group). I was never so discouraged and devalued. Such a militant structure, void of any human emotion or compassion. Everything was "unacceptable"! This is a word that was used constantly to suggest that nothing was to standard. Yet, what exactly were the standards? Everything was unclear and distorted by the time communications travelled down the management chain. So, disheartening for the staff and myself. I have always had a hard work ethic and love to succeed, so this was not a company for me.
Pros
discount and inventory control system
Cons
lack of encouragement
Very productive and an enjoyable workplace.
Reports to Assistant Manager and Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 September 2013
A typical workday at Group Dynamite consists of checking emails, communicating with the Assistant Manager and Manager of the store. Keeping up to date with current promotions, competitors promotions, recruiting. Coaching the part-timers, Opening and closing procedures, and customer service.

Ive learned excellent time management. Multi-tasking, becoming more comfortable in a managerial role.

I have amazing co-workers. We all work very well as a team.

The hardest part of the job is meeting head offices standards such as conversion and hitting targets.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I love helping people fee; good about themselves, and picking out an outfit that they will love.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, working early in the morning, or late at night, the salary is awful