Group Dynamite Employee Reviews

Awful Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 August 2018
Completely toxic environment and the District Manager is very difficult to work under. Each store is the same, gossiping is constant and the district Manger is also included when gossiping occurs.
Very Professional
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2018
Great work experience. Management was organized and supervisors helpfull.
I was well trained very well in my department.
When department made sales for the month there would always be a dinner as a thank you, which was very nice and made the team feeded valued.
Pros
Very Professional
Cons
Position was not creative
Expect too much
Management (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 March 2018
Work for this company for four years and just had to part ways. Upper Managment very out of touch with the front line workers. Expect you to have st least half your stage base be teenagers which is very hard to find “great” workers. When you finally would the expectations of them were not realistic. All cashier must get 80% or more of customers email address and if not they are written up and taken of cash no matter how amazing they are at literally everything else! Cant touch the cash register? Now your hours get cut as per head office and guess what? You’re amazing hires quit :( Impossible expectations and store manager and assistant end up baring a very huge load. Asm is hourly so no OT for them that all falls on the manager. 50-65hrs a week is the norm and no support from head office. The further away you are from H the more ignored you are. Zero hours given to get all the stock out, do all the fab elaborate decorating, babysit teens just in for comfy furniture and free wifi and use the headphones, while getting everyone’s email and pushing the app like it’s crack, and push the satisfaction survey and maintain 100% customer scores. It’s no wonder when it comes to the yearly employee opionion surveys the scores are low and turnover is high.
Pros
Good clothing discount although it’s capped off at a max per quarter
Cons
Long hours, uniform so less freedom to express yourself, no support from head office, high turn over
Great associates, horrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 March 2018
Management was always wanting more, never willing to compromise. Benefits were not great. Getting time off was a struggle. Communication between manager, dss and assistant manager was very difficult.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Hours, benefits, pay
Shady upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2018
A lot of moving around when you don’t want to switch locations . Head office visits make staff scared and over worked for them to not acknowledge part time sales associates. Unrealistic timelines and expectations when hours are cut so low. Would not recommend.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Strict environment and bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
When I started at Garage I was working 3-5 times a week. I am now down to 1 shift a week if I'm lucky, do to hours being over and having too many staff.
Terrible work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba, Canada5 February 2018
Management expects you to give up your personal life for the store. When family emergencies come up, they are hardly understanding. They expect management members to treat their job as a career, but don’t give enough pay, flexibility, or stability. Very few opportunities to move higher than Manager. Managers are expected to put in as many hours as it takes, but are not paid over time.
Pros
Good discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours, no over time, bad balance
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
The manager at the location i worked at was rude, and ended up ruining the job experience for me. The other staff members were very nice and i was able to create bonds with them
Pros
made lots of friends, great employee discount
Cons
long hours, rude manager
want alot for little
Visual Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2018
worked for this company for about a year. it was very difficult to keep management due to the stress and pressure. 4 managers per store and always 2 managers at a time on. very hard to keep morale.
Fun place to work at just the management is not the best
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2017
I love working here and I do love my job just the management isn’t the best and they don’t treat you like you should be treated. The people I work with are amazing though
Great people, not so great upper management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 October 2017
Day to day was a good environment. I just did not like that the DSS never had managements back. Never felt like they were trying to help you succeed. They were never happy with anything.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Not the worst but lots of gossiping
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB9 May 2017
Lots of gossip too much emphasis on sales not enough emphasis on getting customers in
Very unhealthy environment for young girls to be working especially when that is the target employee and customer
Its ok
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Management needs to be more supportive, complain less and appreciate hard work. Positive reinforcement is better than talking down to your staff......
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
management and dss
Poor upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2017
The company is fantastic for part time associates but working as a key holder or higher leaves a lot to be desired. They promote growth and advancement however there is little room for it. There is a huge disconnect between upper management and store management. District and regional supervisors often keep the stores in the dark. Even though you have the title of store manager the company micromanages and wants things done so specifically that a robot may as well do them. Salary leaves lot of room for improvement as I was offered an assistant position elsewhere that paid higher than stores manager. Sadly while they appear to listen and to care about staff opinion they do not. In my time with the company I had several conversations about concerns I had and nothing came of it. They smile, nod their head, and disregard. It is difficult to build a career somewhere where upper level management participates in gossip. Some managers work upwards of 50 hours a week with no thanks or appreciation. And certainly no help from higher ups.
Pros
Incentives for part time staff
Cons
Lack of appreciation
Positive Workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 February 2017
Company really focused on positive reinforcement. I feel like I received adequate training for the position I worked. I enjoyed my time working as a team leader and quickly made positive connections with the entire staff.
Fun and social environment
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC10 January 2017
I learned proper management techniques and assistance in opening and closing the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact and serve our friendly customers.
environement de travail dynamique
Conseillère à la vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC20 December 2016
La gérante du magasin est vraiment dynamique et cela change totalement l’ambiance du magasin, les journées passent plus rapidement.
Pros
rabais sur les produits
Cons
les pauses sont courtes
Beware of mangement
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA31 August 2016
I have been with this company for more then 8 years, I would have loved to stay with them, but the way the manager treats you makes it not worth it, you become a slave, and don't even get the time off that you request. I honestly loved the company and the clothing, but the environment was so stressful and you could feel it with all the staff as well. The manager had no compassion, even if you were dying sick you would still have to come in to close the store because we never had a full team of managers. Manager made you do everything but never taught you how to do it cause she didn't know how to do it herself. Everytime the store did something good it would only be because of the manager that was there, the rest of the team never got any credit.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Not getting time off, no able to use sick hours, work overload
Productive and Fast paced job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2016
Gained a lot of management skills from my time with Group Dynamite. Would have liked to be in a better trustworthy work environment long term.
Pros
gained a lot of customer service skills
Cons
Lack of communication from DSS via employees
Do NOT Work with this company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  bc25 September 2015
No break unless you have a 6 hour shift, no compensation (commission) yet you are given a personal goal and you get scolded if you dont meet your goal, there are times where you will only get one 5 hour or a 3 hour shift per week, you are ask to do a lot of task, management is ridiculously terrible, district manager in the lower mainland is ridiculously terrible at managing all the stores and treating the staff, they treat employees like a slave, co workers talk behind each others back, you cant take vacations on black out periods ( december, august) even though you are just working for a clothing store, everything about this company is just terrible and no place for growth at all. I DONT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Pay is really bad (10.45), very few hours, a lot of task, No commission