Group Dynamite

Group Dynamite Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
The people made the job fun. It was a lot of fast pace work but enough that I loved it! You really learn how to communicate with different clientele. I defiantly would recommend
Always under restructuration. Never felt like i could give any ideas. Management is just awful. When I was there they fired/let go at least 25 people.
Dynamite is an amazing company with a clear organizational structure, however, there is no work life balance. On management positions you are expected to work overtime, 12 hour days that sometimes start at 5am or end late at night. The least the company could do is include paid lunches.
this guy is not even from BI but he is a BI director. Only listen to one of his fav friends whatever you will do will be ignored!
No knowledge at all, a bad kind of high-level politics around in the BI department.

You will be driving crazy finishing your project with totally disorganized team people.
Pricing department isn't fully staffed. Lots of OT and no compensation. Nice atmosphere but...
Pros
50% Off
Cons
Work on weekends
Completely toxic environment and the District Manager is very difficult to work under. Each store is the same, gossiping is constant and the district Manger is also included when gossiping occurs.
Pros
Almost impossible to move up, unless you want to be miserable for years doing so. A lot of talk, not alot of action. Will make you jump through hoops to get something you want, only to keep you jumping through hoops with only the Hope's you'll get what you were promised.
Pros
%50 off regular priced clothing
Cons
Lack of hours, lack of caring, lack of caring for their employees. Its all about the money.
Great work experience. Management was organized and supervisors helpfull.
I was well trained very well in my department.

When department made sales for the month there would always be a dinner as a thank you, which was very nice and made the team feeded valued.
Pros
Very Professional
Cons
Position was not creative
Work for this company for four years and just had to part ways. Upper Managment very out of touch with the front line workers. Expect you to have st least half your stage base be teenagers which is very hard to find “great” workers. When you finally would the expectations of them were not realistic. All cashier must get 80% or more of customers email address and if not they are written up and taken of cash no matter how amazing they are at literally everything else! Cant touch the cash register? Now your hours get cut as per head office and guess what? You’re amazing hires quit :( Impossible expectations and store manager and assistant end up baring a very huge load. Asm is hourly so no OT for them that all falls on the manager. 50-65hrs a week is the norm and no support from head office. The further away you are from H the more ignored you are. Zero hours given to get all the stock out, do all the fab elaborate decorating, babysit teens just in for comfy furniture and free wifi and use the headphones, while getting everyone’s email and pushing the app like it’s crack, and push the satisfaction survey and maintain 100% customer scores. It’s no wonder when it comes to the yearly employee opionion surveys the scores are low and turnover is high.
Pros
Good clothing discount although it’s capped off at a max per quarter
Cons
Long hours, uniform so less freedom to express yourself, no support from head office, high turn over
Management was always wanting more, never willing to compromise. Benefits were not great. Getting time off was a struggle. Communication between manager, dss and assistant manager was very difficult.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Hours, benefits, pay
A lot of moving around when you don’t want to switch locations . Head office visits make staff scared and over worked for them to not acknowledge part time sales associates. Unrealistic timelines and expectations when hours are cut so low. Would not recommend.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
When I started at Garage I was working 3-5 times a week. I am now down to 1 shift a week if I'm lucky, do to hours being over and having too many staff.
Management expects you to give up your personal life for the store. When family emergencies come up, they are hardly understanding. They expect management members to treat their job as a career, but don’t give enough pay, flexibility, or stability. Very few opportunities to move higher than Manager. Managers are expected to put in as many hours as it takes, but are not paid over time.
Pros
Good discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours, no over time, bad balance
The manager at the location i worked at was rude, and ended up ruining the job experience for me. The other staff members were very nice and i was able to create bonds with them
Pros
made lots of friends, great employee discount
Cons
long hours, rude manager
worked for this company for about a year. it was very difficult to keep management due to the stress and pressure. 4 managers per store and always 2 managers at a time on. very hard to keep morale.
I love working here and I do love my job just the management isn’t the best and they don’t treat you like you should be treated. The people I work with are amazing though
Day to day was a good environment. I just did not like that the DSS never had managements back. Never felt like they were trying to help you succeed. They were never happy with anything.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Lots of gossip too much emphasis on sales not enough emphasis on getting customers in
Very unhealthy environment for young girls to be working especially when that is the target employee and customer
Management needs to be more supportive, complain less and appreciate hard work. Positive reinforcement is better than talking down to your staff......
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
management and dss
The company is fantastic for part time associates but working as a key holder or higher leaves a lot to be desired. They promote growth and advancement however there is little room for it. There is a huge disconnect between upper management and store management. District and regional supervisors often keep the stores in the dark. Even though you have the title of store manager the company micromanages and wants things done so specifically that a robot may as well do them. Salary leaves lot of room for improvement as I was offered an assistant position elsewhere that paid higher than stores manager. Sadly while they appear to listen and to care about staff opinion they do not. In my time with the company I had several conversations about concerns I had and nothing came of it. They smile, nod their head, and disregard. It is difficult to build a career somewhere where upper level management participates in gossip. Some managers work upwards of 50 hours a week with no thanks or appreciation. And certainly no help from higher ups.
Pros
Incentives for part time staff
Cons
Lack of appreciation
Company really focused on positive reinforcement. I feel like I received adequate training for the position I worked. I enjoyed my time working as a team leader and quickly made positive connections with the entire staff.