GROUND EFFECTS LTD

GROUND EFFECTS LTD Employee Reviews

Canada61 reviews
lots of drama, they lay people off constantly for their own mistakes, no one knows how to just do their job, lots of drama, lots of drug addicts. only decent people there are people who have been there the longest. lots of relationships in factory that shouldn’t exist. barely any time to eat for break
Pros
morning shift
Cons
low pay.
A mostly very dramatic and unprofessional atmosphere. Half-truths are treated as truth according to HR so tattling on others (among other monkey business) is encouraged which can easily turn coworkers against each other. Promotion is not very feasible (stinks of favoritism) and the pay is too low for the job. The benefits are subpar. You get only 2 breaks (is that even legal?). The plant I worked at (7) is now for up sale by them. It seems they failed to improve it for the better. I wonder if greed or corporate mismanagement had something to do with that? The CEO gives so much money to charity, but can't pay the employees a LIVING wage and better benefits. They were begging for a union BIG TIME.
Pros
Occasional pizza, met some good people
Cons
Too much overtime, the lines were not as efficient as they could have been. Management lacks understanding of people
Do NOT work here if you're disabled or need any form of accomodations. They claimed to be up to safety code, they weren't. I kept getting sick over and over and couldn't even get my 90 days in to get coverage for it.
Pros
Cons
everything
Your review is very happy, got me lotoff knowledge from and work related, company cultural, atmosphere, discipline is very good,, i am giving more thank for Management
Ground effects is a good job for someone who is just starting out in a factory. The benefits are good but the pay is low. The environment is toxic the harder you work the more they expect for you while others who are lazy don't get asked to do anything. There is alot of favoritism at the plant I was at 28 , they expect you to your job and the supervisor job. I wouldn't stay here more then a year.
During my time of employment at plant 3 ,every aspect went well . All employee's worked in unison to achieve a common goal to meet customer service with quality expectations met to company standards.Over all I would recommend employment to anyone at Ground Effects Ltd.
I liked working for ground effects I had to leave unfortunately because my children because they got very sick and also I had them full time no help at the time I now have help from their dad so it’s nice I can work a lot now at whatever shift and I’m good .
typical day you go there maybe you have work maybe you dont? if you dont you get to stand around with a broom all day super bored. or its summer time and its so hot you can barely breathe.
Good place to work. Was at Plant 1 on Rhodes drive. The plant manager is very helpful with training, questions or anything really. So is everyone that works there. They are a team, a family. Everyone grows to know each other. GFX has many events that many employees enjoy participating in. Good, fair pay. Good training, breaks, job advancement etc.
Working well with others is essential. Guaranteed 40hrs with opportunities for over-time. Focused and strong organizational skills. Adapts quickly in a fast paced environment.
It was handy to have consistent hours and weekends off to balance work and personal life. Free Lunches were given often which is a nice perk. Be prepared for cold work environment in the winter due to exhaust fans from the spray booths.
The low pay is to make people work more hours. They threatened our jobs when the union handed out flyers. But this place needs one for sure just because of the mistreatment
Pros
Cons
Everthing
They tout themselves as a family business but they do not really care about their employees. The company is so large that no one knows what other people are doing. Managers and higher up are unaware of the day to day operations within the plants and the workers suffer.
Good work environment. Good support. There were a lot of people that cycled through but if you showed up ready to work then it was easy to keep your job.
Do you love to spy on your coworkers and report everything you hear and see to the higher-ups? Are you a soulless butt kisser? Do you spend the average workday not doing actual work because you're too busy trying to get all your coworkers in trouble? If you answered "yes!" to any of these questions then Ground Effects is for you. An ambitious go-getter like yourself can expect to go from a temp position to a supervisor position within a few short months!
Treats their employees with no reginition, employees are not treated equaly. They are an embarrassment and they treat the non white with better treatment then anyone else, they reward the laziest and much much more
Good people to work with, management not so hot. I don't know anything else to comment about . Made grocery carts and they weighed a ton. Be prepared for your arm to stretch.
They start you off at 14.65 and it takes a year to get a raise. When it comes to your raise it is based on your performance and the if missed time. It is not an ideal company to work for. If you like hearing about temporary and permanent lay off's and plant closers then this job is for you. They pay bi-weekly Wich is hard to make ends meet.
you can adjust in the environment easily because they have very helping /problem solving Team. Job rotating position and continuous production line work. & Management is nice.
The place was ok to work for the environment was some time toxic was hard to work at some times i learned several things i know how to take care of to running lines and pollution system....The hardest part of my job was doing the tanks and the cleaning of them on the weekends..The most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked with
The worst place to work! They have no respect at all towards their employees especially their HR. I was one of the hard working employee, but when we had problems on the floor and I brought that to their office they told me not to bring floor problems in their office.
Pros
Non
Cons
everything you can think