Ground Effects

Ground Effects Employee Reviews

Canada107 reviews

grindwageovertimesupervisorlowshiftfriendlynice

It was okay

Boys club mentality. Pay was not that great, but benefits were decent. There was reallyNo room for advancement and I felt stuck In my position so left for a better opportunity. I wouldn’t go back.

Very fun place to work because of the people

They will let you go as fast as they hired you even if you show up everyday work all the over time bust your butt to improve yourself everyday even show willingness to continue learning. My coworkers would tell me don’t be so hard on yourself you’re doing great and only been here short time. But apparently the company didn’t think so they just let me go because “”I wasn’t good enough, wasn’t catching on fast enough, holding up production.”” A month there and I was already able to do 2 different jobs and always put 110% into progressing. Actually liked working there but your jobs never safe there. Be warned!!!!

Pros

Nice people

Cons

No job security

Insights into Ground Effects

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things

Some people were nice

Very much like high school with gossip and “clicks” and that made for a toxic work environment and had to work because you never knew who would talk behind your back

Great people and fun place to work

I had the opportunity to work at Ground Effects for almost 5 yrs. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Great place to work. Gfx does alot for the community (make a wish), we have an orphanage in Haiti the company donates to.

Pros

Appreciation lunches, bonuses

Cons

Slow downs

Good but too many layoffs

I was at plant 5 for about 6 months and experienced 2 layoffs, 2nd layoff was too long so went to look for another job. Fun work, great and friendly people, relaxed but not steady work

Very fast paced environment

always on the go. If you're a hard motivated worker , this place should be easy as pie. But very competitive with many candidates getting hired and let go. Like I said. If your hard working like any other place then your gurenteed in.

Pros

Bonuses and benefits. Free 20 min lunch and 15 min break.

Cons

High inter temperature to keep the booth running.

Enjoyed it very much

Enjoyed working with my coworkers. My work was not over stressing, however, management let me go for having covid-19, during my Christmas break 2020. Stating that I was dishonest.So there is no security.

Cons

Hours 40 +, with piles of mandatory overtime!

Avoid at all cost

Horrible work environment. Favoritism, nepotism at its finest. The company allows its management to harass and interrogate employees they don't like until they quit. Management fabricates reasons to fire employees, and then refuses to allow employees,access to their own personnel files. Most people in management lack education, proper training, communication skills and mediation skills. Preferential treatment is quite evident and abundant. Embarrassing that such practices are still in place and endorsed in 2022.

benefits

Cons

20 minutes for lunch. no air conditioning, low pay, poor management.

Used and abused-Nothing but a number.

They claim to be a company with internal growth, based on an employees dedication and willingness to grow, but they simply use their employees and when done, toss them aside. It's all about favoritism and not merit with senior management. Dealing with HR was a nightmare. All they cared about was protecting the useless/addict employees in order to protect themselves form The Ministry of Labor, at the expensive of the dedicated employees, who believed in GFX and wanted to be part of their success.If you need a job simply for monetary reasons, go for it. But GFX is NOT a long term company to work for.

Pros

Free lunches, health benefits

Cons

Long hours, internal work place temperatures, favoritism, Hr

Would not recommend

Regret ever working for this company. Would not recommend working here under any job description. Management is just as much bully as the employees that get away with it. They alow supervisor to date employees, very unprofessional!

It was fun to work here

The job itself was pretty good. They teach you how to work in every cell! The pay was on the low side but the benefits were really good. Supervisors were pretty good but hr didn't punish people that deserved it for harassment and there's a lot of high school drama there.

Pros

Benefits and overtime

Cons

Drama and low pay

Corporate plays games

I’ve been an employee at groundeffects. For a few years most of the people I work with are on hard drugs. Etc they constantly lay people off. And. Advancement opportunities are. Favoritism. A lot of times handed out before. Job is posted. The most qualified person doesn’t get the opportunity. As well as they Don’t have an in house training program for trades like with taht many people you should offer apprenticeships etc it sucks cause it’s actually a good company to work for. Regardless

Pros

Good benefits / decent pay

Cons

Corporate plays games

Job was decent, outcome was awful

I worked at the plant in Kingsville, I loved my job, whole heartedly, I never got into trouble and I always showed up on time, and took my breaks accordingly. I was seemingly liked until one day I received a phone call that my assignment had been completed. The reason is still unknown. I’ve heard a few different things, but nothing adds up. I was, and still am very upset. The people are nice, for the most part. If you want to work, enjoy your job, get comfortable and then get tossed out with no warning, no communication for whatever issue there is or may be, or get your hopes up just to have them fall, sure, work here.

Pros

Easy to learn job

Cons

Favoritism, short breaks, drama

Hires anyone and everyone

This isn't the worst job but, it isnt great. To start you're paid just above minimum wage even when moving onto higher positions you still arent paid what you should be. The favouritism and nepotism is alive and well.

Pros

Advancement possible

Cons

Overtime management dirty

Awful place to work

Terrible place to work. Management doesn't care about treating everyone equally. Agency hires are fired just before their time is up in order to bring new people in.Lack of care about people's health or wellbeing. Team leads are promoted based on who they sleep with or are friendly with. Pay is terrible. Benefits are OK. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Pros

Zero

Cons

Too many to list here.

terrible place to work for.

Terrible HR and Management in that place. So much drama ,you got people in that place that suppose to be a leader but more like dictate you. No appreciation for hard work, they give position to people that don't deserve it.

Benefits

Cons

HR and Management

Lots of room to grow, high turnover rate

I was promoted quickly, but I DO NOT miss being on the floor, there is a lot of drama and no consequences. Forklift driving was the best job imo. I moved so that's the only reason I left or I would still be there.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

Drama, meh upper management.

not the best place to work

lots of drama, they lay people off constantly for their own mistakes, no one knows how to just do their job, lots of drama, lots of drug addicts. only decent people there are people who have been there the longest. lots of relationships in factory that shouldn’t exist. barely any time to eat for break

Pros

morning shift

Cons

low pay.

Worthless, only helped increase work experience

A mostly very dramatic and unprofessional atmosphere. Half-truths are treated as truth according to HR so tattling on others (among other monkey business) is encouraged which can easily turn coworkers against each other. Promotion is not very feasible (stinks of favoritism) and the pay is too low for the job. The benefits are subpar. You get only 2 breaks (is that even legal?). The plant I worked at (7) is now for up sale by them. It seems they failed to improve it for the better. I wonder if greed or corporate mismanagement had something to do with that? The CEO gives so much money to charity, but can't pay the employees a LIVING wage and better benefits. They were begging for a union BIG TIME.

Pros

Occasional pizza, met some good people

Cons

Too much overtime, the lines were not as efficient as they could have been. Management lacks understanding of people

All good

I loved my job there. The only reason I left was because I moved out of town. The work I did was repetitive but I loved what I did. Management was very nice and great to their employees.

Unhealthy

Do NOT work here if you're disabled or need any form of accomodations. They claimed to be up to safety code, they weren't. I kept getting sick over and over and couldn't even get my 90 days in to get coverage for it.

Pros

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ground Effects. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement