Groom & Associates

Groom & Associates Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Fun workplace
I find working with them was pretty interesting because I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people and practice a lot of skills. I found the payment fair because is not hard work to do. Sometimes was exhausting but it was just physical.
Incredible company
Groom & Associates is one of the most professional companies I have worked with. They have integrity and great respect for their employees and candidates. I would recommend working with them as a candidate and for them as an employee to anyone I know.
Pros
environment, offices, people, culture, and CEO!
Cons
None!
I look forward to Mondays
It's rare to say that you look forward to Mondays but I can honestly say that Mondays are no longer bitter.
Not only is the environment dynamic and open, the team that has been selected and retained are like family.

Employees don't only work together but have built long lasting relationships outside of work.

As for Management, they are understanding and treat their employee with respect and trust. They keep up with the recent trends in the market (for ex: Summer hours or casual Fridays, a few of many), they often organize team bonding/lunches and their door is alway open.

We work hard as a team and party hard as a team!
Pros
location, open door environment, dynamic work culture, great event, inspiring president and VP, great coworkers
Horrible company promoting the same 2 people
Horrible company where junior employees are expected to do all the work but 2 managers only get the rewards and perks. Very low salary compared to other recruitment agencies and management is very fake. Very big on favouritism. They also steal people work and pass it off as their own.
Pros
Cons
Unfair work place, horrible pay, high school environment, employees treated as the problem and management is perfect in their eyes
Awesome place to work
I would highly recommend them as both an agency as well as a potential employer. Great team, excellent management and beautiful office space. Great experience
Welcoming culture
Groom & Associates is a welcoming company and nurtures their staff so they can reach their full potentials. Coming from a corporate background, this was a new environment to work in, and I was provided with all the tools I needed to succeed along with great support.
The company has a great culture, everyone makes you feel welcome and part of the family right away. Lunch and learns and 5 a 7's are a regular occurrence to keep moral high and it shows in the employees dedication to their work.
Pros
Great culture and even better co-workers
Excellent work environment & management
Super friendly work environment, everyone gets along well. We are not micromanaged and management is always available to talk when you need them. The offices are beautiful in an amazing location in the Old Port. There is always very interesting work to be done, in a completely stress-free environment. Definitely A++ would recommend.
Pros
close to public transit - Monthly 5-7 - Groom lunches - fun place to work
Cons
No parking
great company
this company is awesome to work for. they are flexible and have really great clients they work with. fun environment and no drama. management is great!
Family run business with a High-school work environment
They have their current employees write positive reviews, so there is little or no validity on the reviews they write. My experience with them was poor, and I know of many others whom have worked here and would not recommend it to anyone else.
Pros
Fun work functions from time to time
Cons
The management team and their authoritarian leadership
Doit obtenir un travail efficace
Avoir un bon environnement de travail qui nous permet d'offrir un bon objectif qui veut le directeur.
Pas de pression sur l'employé pour adapter son travail.

Poser des questions pour avoir plus de connaissances.

On respecte la politique de l'entreprise.

Mettre les dossiers mise à jour. ..etc.
Pros
On respecte le temps de break
Cons
Il faut avertir on cas d'accident ou une maladie 24h avant
The work, the team, the location and the challenges all make this the great place to work that it is!
Working here has helped me to grow professionally and constantly challenge myself by finding innovative and creative ways to find talent that is a great match to what our clients are looking for.

Every day is different. We get new mandates, new clients to work with and are constantly meeting and learning from our clients and candidates.

Helping people is the name of the game and finding that perfect match is rewarding in so many ways.

We have a great team of talented individuals that are all goal oriented and who genuinely want to succeed.
what can I say.... : awesome work place!!
-Awesome colleagues and superiors (exchange, support, laughing during lunch time, interesting topics to talk about)
-great location (which motivates me even more coming into office every morning in addition to many other motivation aspects)

-outstanding culture of the company (open door policy, constructive feedback)

- focus on delivering high quality rather than quantity
Pros
colleagues/superiors and focus on quality
Great Workplace Career Oriented
Groom & Associés is a great place to work and really gives you access to the necessary foundation and tools for a successful career. Great mentors and fun personalities work with you in a productive manner within the office. Couldn't ask for anything more!
Amazing experience to learn and grow your career!
Groom & Associates has a great training program on how to become a great recruiter and sales person. The more senior staff are really great mentors and the bosses are great leaders that give you all the tools you need to succeed.
Great Staff, Committed Team
The staff at Groom were great at finding me my next job. My rep was more attentive to my needs and career goals than any other job placement agency that I've been to. I really felt like they cared about matching me up with a job that was right for me. When I'm ready for my next job, I'll definitely be going back to them.
Pros
Central Location
Groom excels at finding the perfect match!
Groom excels at delivering the highest standard in recruiting and staffing services. Their recruiters go the extra mile in making sure that candidates are the right fit, both professionally, and culturally.
They see themselves as building a business rather than doing a job, and this distinguishes not only their approach to recruiting, but also their unrivaled level of success that they consistently achieve.
Pros
Recruitment, headhunting, customer service, professionalism and office space!
L'ambiance de travail
Pour moi, il y avait une bonne entente avec le patron et ses collègues, l’ambiance de travail était bonne. Les conflits et les discussions n’étaient pas fréquents. Le meilleur de cette entreprise, c’est son environnement de travail Le salaire était normal.
Pros
heure de travail flexible
Cons
Je ne trouve pas vraiment de points négatifs
Fast paced and great mandates
Very fast paced, great variety of mandates to work on. Enjoy my colleagues very much!