Grimshaw Trucking Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work, really feels like your working in a team and not against eachother. Very easygoing
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB22 February 2019
Grimshaw makes you feel like your a part of the family. The pay is good, and you are always guaranteed 40 hours a week. This place has a great work/life balance.
Pros
Very adaptable
Cons
With claiming benefits you have to pay first then send in to get reimbursed
Thankless
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 December 2017
The work is decent. Not overly demanding ( for this type of work). Pay is reasonable (nothing spectacular, but not bad). Benefits are good. Front line coworkers are mostly pretty good to work with. Much like the employees, equipment is run down and poorly taken care of, often to the point of being unsafe. Upper management are ineffective, disconnected, and lacking in direction. Lower managers are hired based on their willingness to kiss up. At no point will you be given the impression that you are valued, or your work appreciated, because you aren't. Employees are treated like any other piece of equipment: invest the absolute minimum to take care of it, use it until there's nothing left, then replace it as cheaply as possible.
Pros
Benefits, pension.
Cons
Uncaring, often clueless management.
Yellowknife Run was awesome
Team Drivers (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
We really enjoyed our job at Grimshaw and especially the run to Yellowknife. We pulled Rocky Mountain Doubles.
The company has issues with getting their trucks repaired in a timely manner and in fact, that is why we lost our job. The truck we were driving was not going to make it through the winter due to poor maintenance and they did not have the capital to buy a new one so our job was moved to an owner operator.
Pros
Good wages, excellent benefits, regular days off, great dispatchers who actually care about the drivers
Cons
Union environment, poor maintenance of equipment