Griffith Foods

Griffith Foods Employee Reviews

Company is strong and stable, many people were working here for many years. Management isn't the best, people on the production areas are very friendly.
They are a waste of time always posting job for millwright.just wasting candidates time. They should pay people for they time,at the end they make some excuses for not hiring.
Employees are helpful, friendly and have worked with the company for 20+ years. Management Team is very friendly and the company events are worth mentioning as they go above and beyond in organizing company events.
I started in may 2018 and left in july 2018 because i got a better job suit my requirement for the week. The job is very challenging and i like that, but the work hour was too much for me (continental shift). i would definitely recommend anyone to work here who love challenges like myself. overhaul, i had a good time working here.
A very friendly environment with good support from managers and supervisors. I personally enjoyed every unit i worked and made the best out of them all buy you have to be dedicated and ready to learn
Griffith Foods (Laboratories) private US food company based in Alsip Illinois. Great family business I was well treated and afforded the opportunity to travel between Toronto and Chicagoo monthly as part of International export team in the 90's.
Easy work load and responsibilities. However, poor management and overall work environment makes working in the company frustrating and disappointing. Not to mention heavy focus on budget which disables the company to transact business efficiently as price/budget is chosen over sensible practices or methods along with being short staffed. This results in employees being overworked and feeling overwhelmed. If transparency, accountability, fairness and change are not qualities you value, you should have no problem working here. On a positive note, the company offers good pay and benefits. Many social events throughout the year, good focus on volunteering programs and good health benefits and rewards.
Good benefits/ work with a lot of great people / food industry- with a lot to learn. Possibility to work from home w/h flexible hours. Family business
The environment at Griffith Foods was excellent for employees. Individuals who exceeded their assigned goals were rewarded, more so in Sales. This is a sales led company with much authority to drive change and raise the bar within the operation. I spent my working career at this company and only speak well of my coworkers and senior management. I recommend Griffiths as a premier employer
Able to gain knowledge and experience in a professional chemistry lab as well as gain experience working through business operations and logistics. Culture is accepting and nice.
I had one of my best experiences in this company, helpful and caring people. Easy job with training and job security. People within the company are family.
The ownership is private and do a lot for the employees to make sure their families are taken care of through benefits and vacation. Company pays for portion of lunch. Good food.
It is a great experience to work at Griffith Foods. Work environment is very friendly and supportive. Great place to learn and grow your knowledge and career.
Very good place to work in. Great place to acquire knowledge and experience. Great pay. You meet new people all the time. I loved the exposure and the atmosphere.
Every day working in production is not easy , physical & lots of paper work to be done to make sure that no mistake is made . vacation use it or loose it. shift start Sunday evening with overtime. Monday - Friday has overtime . Saturday has overtime. Sundays & holidays has double time. Some production department has cash bonus & day off with pay.
I spent 4 years at Griffith in the production department and I can say that there is a great camaraderie among the workers, generally. Any confusion and angst would come from above at management level, with a lot of conflicting paths to seamless production and client satisfaction. If you're just there to put in your hours and go home then you will face little in the way of obstacles. There is a great social culture for those who are interested in getting to know who they work with. A lot of it is provided by the company itself like an annual open-bar workers' appreciation,annual company picnic, Christmas party, annual banquet and lots of other charitable events in between. For those who end up in production you may find that you find yourself at work more than at home due to the excess overtime provided.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
As a junior culinary technician, I spend most of my day assisting the chefs or food scientists by batching samples that are either sent to the client or is tested on product. Occasionally I assist with the preparation of dishes that are using products produced by Griffith Foods to market to customers. I have learned so much from the food scientists and the chefs, they are all friendly, knowledgeable and provide a nurturing environment for everyone to grow within the food industry.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff
Cons
Can get super busy at times
Super work experience! Never a dull moment, lots of opportunity to make a difference alongside people who have grown up with the organization. Stable, purpose-driven company.
Great employees in plant. Experienced. Committed. Well trained. Strong Safety culture. Challenging every day due to year over year sales growth. Recognition for good performance given and tangible-all eligible for annual bonus. Toughest daily issue was managing process flow and space constraints. Food rewards and $ rewards for plant employees for good Food Safety and Safety performance. Outside audits always very positive.
Pros
Bonus plan. Good benefits. 12 sick days yearly. Free food.
Cons
Long hours expected. Low visibility on floor of senior managers.
A typical day at work runs fro 9am to 5pm. The work environment is very friendly with a diversified workforce. Management is riendly and have a strong culture for food safety and employee welfare. The hardest part of the job is dealing with factory workers such as in the inventory counts while the most enjoyable part of the work is the friendliness of staffs from a diversified background
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Limited career growth opportunities
Intensive cleaning through out the factory with large amounts of flour and dust. Using basic cleaning supplies and being pressured by the team leader, that has little regards for others.
  1. Employee reviews