Greystone Employee Reviews

Diffcult Work Environments
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 August 2018
Travel is daily, no work or life balance and no communication. They have strong company cultural core values which upper management does not follow. Or should I say they give the appearance that they follow it to executive management and human resources.

There is no integrity, training coaching or mentoring which are again are cultural core values of the company. As well as treating staff, resident and vendors with care. An upper management view about staff is that they are not truthful and or lazy. Often staff is chastised, mocked, belittled and yelled at.

Hired staff is often lured ($$$) and hired under false pretenses with very unfair treatment. Very high turnovers in every department due to poor working relationships with upper management who are suppose to be leaders.
Pros
excellent insurance/benefits
Cons
unfair work conditions
All to much Darma
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA11 July 2018
I liked the job ok , just Darma between coworkers, I stay away from that, as far as the job the job was ok , I had to check car parts through a microscope and didn’t work over at all , the people there are nice they spoke to you every day, if I could go back I would, loved some one my coworkers just didn’t like all the drama
Pros
It was a ok place to work
Cons
You have a break every hr
Stressful work place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Toano, VA11 July 2018
Management is terrible and pay sucks for things you have to work around and deal with. Under compensated for the chemicals that you have to work around
Empresa de porte pequena mais gostava de trabalhar la.
Lavador de Produçãos jews. (Former Employee) –  Bebedouro, SP2 July 2018
Umas das funções mais legal q atuei..só sai msm pelo fato da ma administração q abriu falencia..
Pros
Tinha um pessoal legal.
Cons
Ma adm..
Limited in ones potential
Assembler - Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA3 June 2018
Management does not allow one to exercise ones full potential. One can be over qualified for a position but remains in that position.
Greystone brings one in to work hires another to train then lets the one who did the training go.
Pros
Limited over site.
Cons
Management not open to recommendation
Greystone
Lead Line Plate Operator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA28 May 2018
Greystone is a stepping stone type of job, but it was a place I know i did not see a future in. A regular day for me was 6am to 2pm where I worked on an assembly line dealing with car parts.
Pros
Breaks, management, and great open door policy
Cons
pay
Equipment repair on constant basis
TMI Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA15 May 2018
There custom made equipment did not function the way they intended due to surface area of part and reading area of probe flagging many false data indications that required troubleshooting only to not resolve problem as it would disappear on its own. Mandatory callbacks to repair equipment after technicians workday ended due to one man slot.
Cons
Healthcare expensive
Chrome plating auto parts
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA25 January 2018
I worked an average of 60 hours per week operating a machine that chrome and nickel plated auto parts. It was very easy and repetitive work once you got the hang of it and learnt how to do your job.
Pros
Plenty of paid overtime
Cons
Very strict policy on sick time
Great enviorment
Prodution Worker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA19 January 2018
Nice facility great enviorment to work and very peaceful. I learned how to move at a quick paced and I was very successful at doing so. All in all it was one of the best jobs I had
Pros
Good hours
Cons
1hour away from home
About a job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA4 December 2017
A typical workday is a +8 hour day with responsibilities and teamwork, management treats everyone fairly, and nothing is impossible at a job, the most enjoyable part of a job is getting paid so I can take care of my family.
Poor management and job security
Lead Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA8 November 2017
I worked at this place for years. They found a way to get rid of my supervisor whom worked there for years once they knew that I could run things by myself, but did not advance my pay at all. I kept asking for a raise with the added responsibilities and was given .20 cents per hour. When they laid alot of us off, they laid me off through text message on Sunday night not even 12 hours prior to my reporting Monday morning. They kept denying my vacation requests because they had no one to fill my shoes, but when I was laid off, they refused to pay me my due vacation time. Their turn over rate is high, upper management does not care for the underdogs, very much overlooked harrassment, and offensive atmosphere. Greystone was the worst place I have ever worked.
Friendly and hard working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 November 2017
Work at this company was very enjoyable. The atmosphere was friendly and cooperative. During my internship I learned a lot about the the industry, and some important skills I can use on my CV.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Professional friendly environment
Sr Vice President (Current Employee) –  Los Colinas, TX29 October 2017
Excellent company they value employees and great advancement opportunities . I was hired prior to a degree being required for all positions and yet I advanced to the top position in marketing as a senior Vice President due to my work ethic, knowledge and people skills.
Pros
Travel, great health care benefits professional employees
Productive and Friendly environment
PARTS ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA9 October 2017
Its a great environment to work in. Everybody is like family, ready to lend a helping hand. Safety first is what the company stands on. Different incentives to keep you motivated to hit you work goal.
Relaxed environment with extremely productive and nice co-workers.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA15 June 2017
It was interesting to learn more about key factors in quality assurance, and actually kind of fun. The job included different tasks on rare occasions but I enjoyed the experience and knowledge.
Pros
Easy to work with people who seemed very patient.
Cons
No healthcare
You have to very active and strong to work here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IA25 May 2017
Greystone is a very nice place to work. If you like being on your feet for 8 hours and like being busy well this the perfect job for you. I only quit because I moved away to Minnesota but I'm trying to go back now!
Good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA13 March 2017
I like working at Greystone i was a QA and the hours was good. It was nice people working there too a very good company to work for. We was doing car parts for GM
A great learning environment.
Student (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OH20 February 2017
Greystone was a location for my clinical. The staff was very helpful and willing to help teach students. I learned how to change dressing, pass medicine and take vital signs. It was very enjoyable to be able to interact with staff and patients.
positive work place
Lead Blaster/Racker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA6 February 2017
upon working here at greystone I felt as if this job has a positive core of employees and the atmosphere is a very inviting one
Loved working there
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OH20 December 2016
I worked PRN and since it was close to home was able to do one or 2 treatments after my full time job was complete. This job was taken over by another company.
Pros
flexable schedule