Greystone Employee Reviews

It’s a place where you can make a difference.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Beaver, WV15 February 2019
The interaction with the residents made it worthwhile. It can be very stressful as most jobs are. The staff do try to work together, but management can be very judgmental and use threats for conformity.
Pros
One free meal a shift.
Cons
Hard to find time for a break much of the time.
prefer not to elaborate
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST / CMI OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA8 January 2019
While at Greystone I did meet some passionate and genuinely fun people. On the other hand though I have nothing but skin allergies I am now aware of and overworking long shifts in the middle of the night.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
location
Greystone
Sr Admin. Asst. to Sr. VP & Development Staff (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX29 November 2018
I enjoyed working here. People are great I believed in our end goal of helping the senior population. We all worked hard. Layout of office made it difficult to work together and brainstorm ideas but having autonomy at work, sometimes was ok.
Pros
All good
Cons
cultured work environment was lacking
Walking on eggshells
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MT23 November 2018
Easy work but rules change daily. Lots of telling and mood swings from owner.

Never know where you stand from day to day.

She can be super nice and super mean within seconds.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA28 October 2018
I have fun working there and would like to go back greystone is a fast job with good people who work as hard as the next so yes greystone is the place where you want to be
Pros
Good job
Cons
Great exposure to multifamily mortgage finance
Multifamily Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 October 2018
You can gain great exposure to multifamily underwriting and brokerage. The company has great experience and knowledge of FHA/HUD, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Bridge, and corporate balance sheet lending.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA11 September 2018
Recommend this job for people who are looking for full time employment! Get paid every week and full benefits is a plus especially if you are a permanent worker
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride28 August 2018
Good Company to work for. If you experience any problems you always get the help you need. Can be extremely busy sometimes and you never stop but that makes your day go in quicker.
Productive and fun workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA22 August 2018
If i could i would work there again. The job was easy. I caught on fast to everything they was training me. It was just after long hrs of workin it was a long drive back and i can feel me dozing off in traffic and i had to think about my safety and everyone else's safety, so i had to give the job up
Diffcult Work Environments
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 August 2018
Travel is daily, no work or life balance and no communication. They have strong company cultural core values which upper management does not follow. Or should I say they give the appearance that they follow it to executive management and human resources.

There is no integrity, training coaching or mentoring which are again are cultural core values of the company. As well as treating staff, resident and vendors with care. An upper management view about staff is that they are not truthful and or lazy. Often staff is chastised, mocked, belittled and yelled at.

Hired staff is often lured ($$$) and hired under false pretenses with very unfair treatment. Very high turnovers in every department due to poor working relationships with upper management who are suppose to be leaders.
Pros
excellent insurance/benefits
Cons
unfair work conditions
All to much Darma
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA11 July 2018
I liked the job ok , just Darma between coworkers, I stay away from that, as far as the job the job was ok , I had to check car parts through a microscope and didn’t work over at all , the people there are nice they spoke to you every day, if I could go back I would, loved some one my coworkers just didn’t like all the drama
Pros
It was a ok place to work
Cons
You have a break every hr
Stressful work place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Toano, VA11 July 2018
Management is terrible and pay sucks for things you have to work around and deal with. Under compensated for the chemicals that you have to work around
Empresa de porte pequena mais gostava de trabalhar la.
Lavador de Produçãos jews. (Former Employee) –  Bebedouro, SP2 July 2018
Umas das funções mais legal q atuei..só sai msm pelo fato da ma administração q abriu falencia..
Pros
Tinha um pessoal legal.
Cons
Ma adm..
Sand blaster (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA26 June 2018
They nust didnt lsten to what the emoyees had to say to make it easier on us to do better work i thimk if they just listen to yhe employees it would be a better work place
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bosses
Limited in ones potential
Assembler - Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA3 June 2018
Management does not allow one to exercise ones full potential. One can be over qualified for a position but remains in that position.
Greystone brings one in to work hires another to train then lets the one who did the training go.
Pros
Limited over site.
Cons
Management not open to recommendation
Greystone
Lead Line Plate Operator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA28 May 2018
Greystone is a stepping stone type of job, but it was a place I know i did not see a future in. A regular day for me was 6am to 2pm where I worked on an assembly line dealing with car parts.
Pros
Breaks, management, and great open door policy
Cons
pay
Equipment repair on constant basis
TMI Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA15 May 2018
There custom made equipment did not function the way they intended due to surface area of part and reading area of probe flagging many false data indications that required troubleshooting only to not resolve problem as it would disappear on its own. Mandatory callbacks to repair equipment after technicians workday ended due to one man slot.
Cons
Healthcare expensive
Chrome plating auto parts
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA25 January 2018
I worked an average of 60 hours per week operating a machine that chrome and nickel plated auto parts. It was very easy and repetitive work once you got the hang of it and learnt how to do your job.
Pros
Plenty of paid overtime
Cons
Very strict policy on sick time
Great enviorment
Prodution Worker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA19 January 2018
Nice facility great enviorment to work and very peaceful. I learned how to move at a quick paced and I was very successful at doing so. All in all it was one of the best jobs I had
Pros
Good hours
Cons
1hour away from home
About a job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA4 December 2017
A typical workday is a +8 hour day with responsibilities and teamwork, management treats everyone fairly, and nothing is impossible at a job, the most enjoyable part of a job is getting paid so I can take care of my family.