Greyhound Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Slave work culture
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
If you are ready to work as a slave this is the place.
No If you are willing to work 14 days in a row and a 24 hr off than this is the place for you
No family life
Highest divorce rate in this company
The worst is from the bottom to top level all are drivers, so to say even the management is full of drivers
Terrible Management
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
Was a great job prior to first-group takeover. Constant surveillance, ride checkers, recorders, cameras in operators face. Disciplinary action for sipping water while driving.
Pros
Pay is good after 5 years
Cons
Many
Horrible
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
ABSOLUTELY horrible experience. You will have no life, always away from home, and be treated like garbage by management and supervisors. Suspended for everthing without being able to defend yourself. They do not play by any rules. They're never wrong and will lie and cheat to make it seem like they are right.

The new driver hirees get paid less with no pension than the more senior drivers that were there before the change happened for the exact same work. But they'll work you harder because it's cheaper for them as it'd paid per mile driven.
Pros
Cons
16hr work days, 70 hrs week, 14 days straight, fight for your pay, pay is never right, dirty/unsafe buses, unsafe work practices, no home life, hotel sleeping, being bellitled by management
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
I have worked at Greyhound as a customer service representative a little bit more than 2 years. I liked my job.
I always try to greet public, engage the conversation in identifying needs, being careful to make an excellent first impression.
I responded to customer inquiries on routes, schedules, fares, and other Greyhound services with complete information and recommendations to meet customers’ needs.
Meeting new people
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
Loved driving the elderly to their shows and travelers to their destinations. Great conversations with many new people. The hardest part of my days would have been driving through downtown Toronto traffic.
CSR not vauled.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
Long hours. Not paid enough. Drivers are great. Never a dull minute working at the bus terminal. As the customer service agent you must do everything.
Horrible horrible place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
I worked as driver for about a year ...I was screwed over for pay many times ...missing up to 600 a pay cheque..the peice of sh#@ who did pay roll in toronto basically would steal from you ever chance she got....I even heard a driver got so upset he punched her in the face I worked 70 hours a week I could barely eat I lost my apt and my car I was on call 24/7 and was exhausted all the time I dealt with severe depression while working here by far the worst employer in Canada
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Stay away
Service Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
I worked at Greyhound for under a year. The company pays well. Management is terrible and the Co workers around you are even worse. Acouple things to consider. You'll start on nights and stay on night for a very long time I mean years. The turnover rate is fairly high with new employees which also means you'll never move up the chain. The current garage has alot of lifers so forget about advancement unless you are willing to move to another location. Get ready to pick up the slack for everyone else. You'll never get recognition for the work you do but when you do one thing wrong everyone loses their minds. I understand I job is a job if money is what you are looking for this is ok. Your social life will be non existent with days off during the week and you will be taken advantage of at every turn. This is the honest truth. 8 hours of punishment then go home. The less you talk at the hound the better.
Pros
Pay, Benifits, Going home
Cons
Co workers, management, toxic work environment
greyhound canada
serviemen (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
working night shift for 1/2 yrs with this company was hard working out said in the cold management did not treat their employee fairly always made one person work hard and other dont to the same work lode
Pros
money was good
Cons
management was not good
Dying entitiy
Regional Agency Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
Greyhound's upper management is solely comprised of men who've been on board since their late teens/early 20's starting as baggage handlers and coach operators. Admittedly having lifers like this as a part of executive team is important as it brings context and thorough understanding of every level of operations but the lack of diversity prevents leadership from being able to approach issues with fresh eyes or being able to see things from 'outside the box'. Education levels of said upper management team is also below expected levels of executive leadership.
every day is different
bus driver (Current Employee) –  toronto4 July 2015
Every day is never the same. I never knew what route I would do until arriving at work.Sometime times overnight stays. I found management to be aloof from its drivers, being more concerned with ways to save money. My coworkers were fun to get along with.
The hardest part of my job was not having a consistent schedule and battling fatigue.
The most enjoyable part of my job was travelling to different cities and making the trip enjoyable for my passengers.
Pros
free hotels meals allowances
Cons
long hours, schedule inconsistencies.
Positive Work Environment
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
Greyhound Canada Transportation Corp is an Nice place to work at. The people there are very respectful. Strong training program was provided to new employees.
Productive and fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Everyday is just another typical day at work. I've learned a lot about my co workers and how the business works. I've managed to build and fit myself in with any situation or work habit needed around the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing; everything is what I've either experienced or know how to do on the spot. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the tools and equipment to serve for the purpose of the company.
Ultimately the best job ever!!!
Coach Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2013
Greyhound was by far the best job i ever had. Traveling the country, seeing its beauty, going places i probably wouldn't have ever seen. Meeting great people, for the most part, in my experience, people on the coach are going to visit family, weddings, vacationing or just going home. The pay was amazing... i remember feeling guilty, driving the most well maintained and clean commercial vehicle ive ever had the pleasure to operate. The only downfall, for me& the reason for leaving,was too much time away from home.
Greyhound Sucks
Motor coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontario19 October 2012
I wouldn't go back to work there. I feel they discriminate and they don't treat there employee's fair.