Greyhound Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Tracing Agent / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
Great place to work other then the pay isn't too great , solid management and work hours with great people who work as a team to solve issues .. very supportive .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
wage
Fast paced job, good pay, unorganized management
Customer Service Representative/Baggage (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
The job was very fast paced, training was minimal so you just jumped into the job. The pay was great and job was unionized. The management was very unorganized.
Loved working with people from different areas of the world
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
This was a run job, always full of excitement and never the same day twice. Was a union facility, but always managed to support both the company and union employees.
Boo that's all I can say. Your shifts suck and its like working in a zoo with no bars
Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab2 November 2016
Hard to get on full time no matter how hard u work. When u start u get the worst shifts with turn arounds of only 3 hours. So your family life suffers. Cheap cheap cheap. The only thing good was an hour lunch break.
Pros
Long lunch
Great Experience, Fantastic People
Ops Manager (Courier Express & Passenger Services) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 May 2015
Returned to the Company from BC to AB following an entrepreneurial phase. Advanced rapidly to Ops Mgr position. Active agenda, support was necessary and present. Interaction including customer relations, manager and unionized employees.
The "people" are what make the Company!
fun workplace full of good people
Courier Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2015
fast paced workplace that was often under staffed but thanks to teamwork we were able to get all the work done every night
freight/tickets/busses.
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
low number of staff at the best of times
Easily the worst company I've ever worked for.
Parts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2014
My four biggest complaints are as follows:

1) Lowest pay in the industry. Heavy duty mechanics make at least 7$ an hour less than the industy average. Parts people make at least 10$ below the average.

2) Zero room for advancement. They will not sign blue books for mechanic or heavy duty. So if you get hired on thats the position you will have forever. Which, in my opinon, coupled with the low pay, should leave someone with zero incentive to stay with the company.

3) Horrible management and horrible union representation. Do not trust the management or the union representation. The union rep has zero issue with discussing any issues you have with everyone else in the building and consistantly uses his position as a bullying platform. Management are beyond reproach. They are insulting, condesending, racists and sexist. That's just the management in Edmonton, let alone dealing with the American side of it which is another issue.

4) Morale. I have never seen a work environment with morale this bad. It is consistantly one of the "big ticket" issues that people complain about. There are zero staff parties, zero functions for children and the management seems to enforce segregation between departements. As soon as you walk into the garage, you can feel the negativity in the air.

My only advice is, unless you are desperate for employment, do NOT work for Greyhound. If you are desperate for employment and must take the job, do not stop handing out resumes. You will find something better in time, do not give up.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Horrible management, way below comparative wages, low morale, useless union representation
Job was ok. Was fortunate to have great subordinates.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta17 December 2013
Started out as a great experience. Turned out to be a "family click" type place. Lots of longevity. Could have filmed a soap opera there.
Office/Express Agent
Accounting, Express Agent, P&D driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta25 February 2013
Did ticket auditing for the tickets sold daily by agents.
Handled freight being shipped by customers.
Taking phone calls from customers
Delivering /Picking Up Freight from Customers
Lots of experience from it
Service Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2013
i gained alot from working there. for instance, my work ethics improved and my social skills became better.
Pros
great people
Cons
far away

Want to know more about Greyhound?

Ask a question
Enjoyable working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 December 2012
I use a list that ranks in priority of the task's to complete with a time scale added to act as my motivation, of course with appropriate rest periods built in to help stimulate me for other task’s, should an emergency arrive.

I have learned that to be truly effective at work, you have to manage your time well, communicate clearly, and have a good attitude. Also, make sure that you devote time towards further learning and career development. You never know how or when these new skills will pay off.

My previous managers were easy to deal with, understanding and very easy to talk to.

I had an excellent professional relationship with my co-workers, which worked quite nicely with the company environment.

Meeting really tight deadlines was the hardest part of my job.

What I found most enjoyable in my previous position was bring a smile to passengers face.
Pros
four day work week