Greyhound Employee Reviews

It was a great job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 June 2018
It was full of happy and loving people, and a job I wish I could get back. I would recommend steal toed boots and the ability to lift 50lb or more. And clarify with the owner what days you’d like off.
Pros
Cheaper bus rides
Cons
Split shifts on Sundays
Challenging
Garage Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2018
I was there for 17 years and it provided me with the skills I need to progress into other opportunities. However, the last 5 years have been challenging due to company downsizing and cutbacks.
Interesting place of employment.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 March 2018
I started my employment with Island Coach Lines, which then became Grayline. That was a great workplace. Greyhound purchased us in 2005, and drove a very successful business into the ground. Greyhound is shutting down on Vancouver Island as of April 5, 2018.
First Group destroyed this place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2018
Greyhound was a good place to work until it was purchased by a company called First Group. Just imagine if Earth was conquered by aliens and you had to help them harvest all our resources. Basically sums up what it’s like to work for Greyhound now.
Pros
Get to survive
Cons
Can be shot anytime
Slave work culture
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
If you are ready to work as a slave this is the place.
No If you are willing to work 14 days in a row and a 24 hr off than this is the place for you
No family life
Highest divorce rate in this company
The worst is from the bottom to top level all are drivers, so to say even the management is full of drivers
pretty ok.-
Travel Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
I worked with amazing people and leaders. The upper management was awful at the time. The office that I worked in is no longer based out of calgary.
Tracing Agent / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
Great place to work other then the pay isn't too great , solid management and work hours with great people who work as a team to solve issues .. very supportive .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
wage
Super high stress without any support
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
They will hang you out to dry without any support, their so called HR department doesn’t do any support for the employees until it’s too late. The regional manager is someone that has no care about you or your health just do the job
Pros
Zero
Cons
Too many to count
Great employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 November 2017
Loved driving a bus most fun I've had working because of the other bus drivers, best drivers honest hard working , smart and very very helpful to each other.
The managers were strange and creepy plenty of harassment going on but it would take 18 years to get on full time I couldnt waite that long.
Pros
Fun and helpful other employees
Cons
Hours, pay, managers, to long to get on full time
Terrible Management
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
Was a great job prior to first-group takeover. Constant surveillance, ride checkers, recorders, cameras in operators face. Disciplinary action for sipping water while driving.
Pros
Pay is good after 5 years
Cons
Many
Greyhound
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB12 October 2017
Wage was low, Set hours, with the possibility of overtime. Christmas season was busy. Depending on position, days were very repetitive, but overall a very easy job
Worst Employer Ever
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 October 2017
I grew up knowing Greyhound was one of the good ways to travel; however, it quickly changed at the turn of the century. It has become nothing but a cut-throat organization bent on destroying itself. Management does not care about the passengers or the freight anymore, they have priced themselves way to high out of the competition, and are consistently blaming the employees for the downturn the company is experiencing. The workplace is hostile, you're expected to work long hours without breaks, and are subject to disciplinary measures should anything wrong happen--regardless of the circumstance.
If I could make it zero stars I would!
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 September 2017
Not a forever job, Little to no training, you take alot of flack from people who shouldn't be there, Poor customer service, sketchy place. Run away...
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Unintelligent Management. Constantly changing things, Doesn't properly train staff. Alot of Homeless people and addicts around... Everything
Going down hill
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 September 2017
What started out to be a great place to work for the first fifteen years. All the guys and management were easy going and enjoyed what they were doing. Their was activities away from work sponsored by the Company and the employees that kept comrade ship up between employer and employees and made it a better place to work. The Golf and fishing tournaments, Christmas party's, and retirement parties. Then management change, the new regime started taking things apart and not caring anymore about the people who rode with us. They separated the freight from passenger service and started an internal feud.Passenger and freight service started to suffer badly. instead of trying to put it back together they started making cuts to try and show a profit and have cut their own throats through mismanagement. What a shame!
difficult to have a normal life as everything such as shift word is decided by seniority
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
a typical work day starts by watching a video on safety.

The purpose is obviously to educate and remind us of the ppe personal protection equiptment and to think of safety first.

management is not sensitive to its employees partial because a union .

the workplace culture is to work with in the status code.

the hardest part of the job is oil change.

the most enjoyabe job is performing Preventarive maintenance inspection.
Pros
double time and a half for working on holidays
Cons
shift work
Fun place to work at
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa ont18 September 2017
No life work sleep in hotels get devoriced with 2 months of working there always sleeping out of home good pay though not worth my family but good pay
Pros
Just follow the rules and ur really good
Cons
U'll become a lonner no life no friends no family
Great.
Terminal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
I've met people working here who have been there for 20+ years! I have gained lots of experience here and had an understanding team behind me. Sad to have gotten laid off.
Horrible
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
ABSOLUTELY horrible experience. You will have no life, always away from home, and be treated like garbage by management and supervisors. Suspended for everthing without being able to defend yourself. They do not play by any rules. They're never wrong and will lie and cheat to make it seem like they are right.

The new driver hirees get paid less with no pension than the more senior drivers that were there before the change happened for the exact same work. But they'll work you harder because it's cheaper for them as it'd paid per mile driven.
Pros
Cons
16hr work days, 70 hrs week, 14 days straight, fight for your pay, pay is never right, dirty/unsafe buses, unsafe work practices, no home life, hotel sleeping, being bellitled by management
Fast paced job, good pay, unorganized management
Customer Service Representative/Baggage (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
The job was very fast paced, training was minimal so you just jumped into the job. The pay was great and job was unionized. The management was very unorganized.
its ight
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 June 2017
very boring lots of doing nothing. ive watched an intire season of game of thrones while sitting at work one day so that's the only up side. good for students to do homework

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.