Greyhound Employee Reviews

Great workplace and excellent employees
Ticket Agent & Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 April 2019
Worked at Greyhound as a warehouse worker, shipper and receiver. Also worked as a ticket agent for several years thereafter. Shipped and received courier packages and loaded/unloaded buses incoming and outgoing at Vancouver and Coquitlam depots. Sold and provided tickets to customers travelling throughout Canada and USA. Provided updates on times and schedules for inbound and outbound travellers. Dealt with Dispatch team on scheduling and driver updates on road conditions and time delays. Opened and Closed the branch on schedules.
Fun place to work
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2019
Customers were hard to deal with. Lack of information provided always. Customers unhappy with service and amounts charged to ship their items. Staff was great but management was never around.
Pros
free t shirts
Cons
long hours, miserable management
good place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 April 2019
very good, company left you alone to to do you your Job.
all they asked was to treat the people good and to drive safe.
Got good pay, good benefits , were able to bank all holiday stats.
uniforms were provided every 2 years.
and good golf tournaments.
Pros
Getting to see the countryside
Cons
some winter cond
Busy and time flies by but also down time especially weekends.
Platform/dock loader/Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2019
Busy for awhile than down time. Most people good to work with couple bad people who are bitter and complain. Management has favorites at least higher up. Lower management gets along with most people.
Pros
Down time chance to have long breaks
Cons
Busy and no breaks, lazy coworkers, snitches.
not an option anymore
Intercity driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 February 2019
The company west of Ontario does not exist. When it did exist it was very poorly managed and in fact ran itself out of business. The downward spiral of service.
Pros
good pay
Cons
24/7 operation
Great well it lasted
Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2019
The company never kept management on the same page. This was apparent at all levels.The job was great, the company had potential. It took a long time to get to a regular position that would afford me any quality of life.
I always enjoyed my work
Express clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2019
unloading trucks and buses no matter what the weather was normal helping passengers with luggage and helping customers with parcels was always part of my day
Pros
50% of shipping
avoid if you can
Motor Coach operator - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2019
you do not make good money here they rip you off bigtime and expect you to work 24/7 red flags began poping up all over the place once I got started they tell you in training to watch your pay witch I did constantly but they rip you off way to much and in order to get what your owed they burry you in paperwork in order to try and get it fixed (key word there try) that's its really not worth it in the end your constantly doing things for this company while they try to figure out ways not to pay you, I am a hard worker I thought I could stay ontop of the bull but i'm telling you it is not worth it your better off to just keep looking
Pros
none even the veteren guys will tell you
Cons
worked to exeustion every day and have to fight to get payed for it
Very poorly managed.
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Poor communication. Poor pay for the responsibilities. No equipment replacement plan therefore buses were long-in-the-tooth with too many breakdowns. Management never wants to work with their employees to make the company profitable. New drivers can forget about work/life balance and management doesn't care.
Pros
Driving a coach out on the open road.
Cons
Too many to list.
great company to work for
Area Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2018
Greyhound western Canada closed business at the end of October 2018. great place to work, was looking to retire from here. very diverse workforce. worked on older buses
Enjoy working with my supervisor and co-workers
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
Greyhound Canada was like my family.

Services for four provinces in Canada closed due to not a of riders so my position was affected.

We have excellent teamwork in the accounting department.
Pros
Free tours and transportations
Cons
Long hours on month-end but it is fine with me because we had a good team
Shift work part time for years before full time available
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 October 2018
On call for years before working full time. Once on a regular run have scheduled work days and days off. With breakdowns and weather delays a lot of times you were called at last minute and end up doing double shifts with less than scheduled time off. Never were required to work past the legal driving hours of operation. With the continuous cut backs runs lost made it harder to hold good schedules. Even with a union, the corporation owning Greyhound (First Group) succeeded in cutting so much that the company is now closing the doors as of 31 October 2018, after 89 years of service to Canada.
Casual but professional work environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC11 October 2018
Love my job , but unfortunately the job is ending. In my years there I have had the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and has allowed me to improve my driving skills and costumer service.
Fun work environment,staff work to achieve the highest standards in customer service.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 October 2018
Greyhound Canada is (was) very great place to work. My manager was caring and very professional.Well organized for passengers,luggage and freight.We were all very highly trained professional's.
Pros
Empoyees gain office skill's.Management skill's.
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 September 2018
Enjoy working for Greyhound. Management treats you well. The pay is good with good benefits and pension. You get to meet all sorts of people and drive in different ares of the province.
Customer Service
Cashier, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2018
At Greyhound we dealt with parcel shipment and the customers that came with it. Loading and unloading truck while ensuring the the parcels came in undamaged
a very fun place to work at.
Delivery and Pick-up Drive (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 September 2018
A typical day at work to me was meeting friendly people from different businesses while driving to deliver and pick-up parcels around the city. The time just flew by.
Greyhound is shutting down operation in Western Canada leaving me out of a job
BUS/TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2018
Lots of responsibility and stress. Learned how to deal with difficult people. Local management good upper management idiots. Good relations with other employee's. Winter driving hardest part of job. Travel and hotel stays best part of job.
Pros
travell
Cons
job takes over your life. Winter driving
package express courier driver
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 June 2018
My opinion of
-typical day at work: busy, heavy lifting
-learned: time management, better routes through town.
-workplace culture: very friendly atmosphere
-hardest part of the job: taking calls for extra pickups on your regular pick up list route.
-most enjoyable part of the job was the people you worked with and getting to pick your route and change it depending on what works for you.
you will never see your family
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
you will never see your family you get a job at greyhound but you will get payed well if you can live with that then this is the place for you to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
you will never see your family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.