Grey Eagle Casino Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier, Chip Runner, Count Room (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
Just need something close to home because i was pregnant at the time i decided to leave. Excellent place to work. Im hard working so looking for another place to enjoy
Not heathly workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2018
Second hand cigarette smoke is awful there. Some of the staff are friendly . The kitchen staff are good but to be honest some were unsanitary at times
fun fast paste enviroment
Porter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
A typical day at work would be making sure the costumers are looked after and tables are clean and ready to seat the next set of guest. The only bad thing about the job is that its only 5 hrs long. The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with customers and employees. Management was great, learned a lot about the Native culture since the company was based and owned by a Chief.
Pros
had free food
Cons
not enough hours
Summer Job.
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
I enjoyed being a hostess at the casino. I did only do it for a short time. I did enjoy getting to initiating contact with guests. It improved my communication skills. I was living in Calgary while working at the casino. The distance from my home and my job was a two hour bus and train ride and some days I wouldn't be done my shift till 12am
Pros
Friendly staff
work fun place
Server (Former Employee) –  37 st sw calgary ab8 March 2016
I work as a server I learned how to deal with customer care. strong motivation to myself. had a teamwork with my co workers the hardest part of it when we do have a drunk customer who complaints lots
Prepping food for Chefs
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2015
I didnt mind working there. The employees were helpful and the head cooks were very informative in what was needed and wanted done.
Pros
Steady work pace
Cons
wish it was a rotating work schedule, day to night hours
Productive workplace with advancement opportunities
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2015
The company was amazing! Great people to work with, very resourceful management and opportunities to advance. Whenever there was an adjustment that needed placing my managers were always there to stand with me regarding anything. I recommend checking out the Grey Eagle Casino whether for employment or pleasure!
Productive and fun
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2015
Just a lot of fun, great co-workers, great team atmosphere. Over-all challenging in every way. Challenged a person for the better. Continued growth all around. New skills gained.
Pros
Great teamwork
Customer service
Guest Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2014
It was fun however due to lack of workers at the time I was performing my duties and another position as well and there was lack of transit after 1 am or 2 am
Great environment with good coworkers
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2014
Opening up and getting all restaurants supplies out
Making coffee, stocking, making sure everything is cleaned
Getting my day started with 3-5 other servers
Favorite part is getting busy
Getting to make a bunch of different drinks and orders
Cons
7-10hrs
This company is poorly managed.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2013
The Grey Eagle Casino is poorly managed. They have a HIGH staff turn over in EVERY department, including housekeeping. They don't have enough housekeeping staff to keep up with daily cleaning that is needed, or have enough kitchen staff to keep up with the line up of people at their restaurants, especially when they have their buffets and brunches.

The housekeeping management constantly looks for reasons to give staff written notices, whether they do anything wrong or not. They don't investigate complaints about their staff when they have security cameras all over the casino. They take everyone's word for it, outside the housekeeping department.

The Grey Eagle Casino does not give pay raises, but do provide benefits. There was nothing enjoyable about working for the housekeeping department due to poor management and lack of staff.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management and lack of adequate staff
Management is not supportive
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2013
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the many difficult customers, coworkers, and management.

Pros
Walk around alot, dynamic work environment which could be considered good or bad
Cons
smoking although it is the major reason it is busy
Fun place to work.
Line Cook/Hot Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2012
A regular schedule is hard to find in a kitchen job but they provide a set schedule providing a regular work / life balance.