Grenville Employee Reviews

Courier Company
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2019
Received mail from shipping, sorted mail for each building and floor, delivered mail.
Learned time management skills, and organization skills.
Was a good experience.
Easy going place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2019
I worked with some great people. The staff seem to care quite a bit but do seem overwhelmed. There is a shortage of job aids so as a new employee, it is a bit difficult to get up to speed as fast as one would like but there are so many people who want to help. There was someone promoted from this role who was easy to ask questions to.
Pros
Lots of support from different departments.
Cons
Main point of contact for seemed overly busy.
Makes you cringe
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 March 2019
You can work as hard as possible and that will never be enough. Everyone who sticks around is a fool who will never be appreciated. Management just thinks employees are trying to screw the business but never look at what the problems are.

The work is a joke because you are hired for one thing but very quickly are assigned 2-3 people's work with no additional compensation. If you ask for a raise, you are let go.

So many good people get fired for no reason and when you ask your manager why, they say it was the owner's decision.

There are no benefits and nothing that makes you want to stick around.
Pros
Many options for coffee.
Cons
No rewards or recognition. Only upset staff.
22 April 2019

Though we appreciate the feedback, there have been many initiatives in place to increase employee morale and retention. The management has made a commitment to clearly define each role to ensure each employee is able to perform their duties to the best of their abilities.

The company has gone through a transition and downsizing and we are looking at a bright future.

In terms of benefits, we have a health care spending account and hope to have benefits put in place in the near future.

Waste of your time and effort
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON4 March 2019
Company contracts out employees to other companies with little or no training and zero support of its employees. Asking a simple question about your job you won’t get a straight answer. People who are competent quickly move on from this terrible employer. Wages are very poor , medical benefits are a joke annual raises are unheard of . Management is constantly trying to clean up a mess somewhere and all decisions are knee jerk . Save yourself a headache and seek employment elsewhere
Pros
They hire anyone after a 5 min phone interview
22 April 2019

Though this may be the initial feeling, there are some roles that require staff to work independently. Hiring decisions are made with the role & requirements clearly defined. As a employee, we encourage you to voice your concerns and further discuss these issues with you Supervisor, HR or another member of the Senior Management Team while remaining professional.

Postive workplace
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 December 2018
The work environment is good and the Manager is very friendly and helpful and support us , the employees are also friendly and professionals they always help and work with you all the time.
22 April 2019

It is always great to hear that our team is supportive and friendly. We have made a commitment to ensure our staff feel supported and are able to perform their duties to the best of their abilities.

It was an okay job.
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
The higher up people at Grenville didn't really know what was going on and just leave everything to their managers to run, but if the manager isn't doing their job than the whole branch suffers. Got paid minimum wage to do basic printing jobs. My day was never busy and had lots of time to do as I pleased.
Worked well there
Store Manager/ Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
Worked almost 5 years on various positions and locations. Increased the sale and level of customer service. trained staff in new print soft ware and use of various machines.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
less pay
Management is fine with me. No yearly raises.
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Work is not bad.
Management is fine with me.
The schedule is fine it suits my personal time.
The rate is only minimum wage can't live on it. No yearly raises.
Benefits is not the greatest.
Pros
Management is o.k.
Cons
Only minimum wage, benefits, no yearly raises
Quiet but busy.
Bank Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2018
A typical day at work with Grenville Management was quiet but busy since I was assigned to an HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corporation) Bank/Office location. I learned how to manage bank related mail and packages very carefully because most, if not all of these items are very time sensitive. I enjoyed the fact that the job tasks were scheduled for specific times throughout the day, so you know exactly what you should always be doing and what you'll be doing next. It was routinely.
I wish the company success and growth
Mail room clerk (Current Employee) –  4880 Tahoe blvd.mississauga22 October 2017
I have been working with Grenville for last two years at TD corporate office. Its a great company. I found our manager and senior managers are very friendly, healpfull and very cooperative. They always focus our facilities and they allow us necessary leave, but first priority is work. As an employee I learn to complete my assignment on priority basis. I honour the policy of Grenville and the way our manager leads our team, is wonderful. I like to stay under the management like NCO GRENVILLE.
Pros
Big number of employees, Available opportunity for cross training, Enough room to learn and growth with new issues.
Cons
Corporate behavior to be implimented among employees
Work at McDonalds is better, I'm not kidding
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Stay away from these type of companies, I realize you need a job, but honestly your better Off to work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's than work for this company,The Best way to put companies like this out of business is by NOT applying to these type of companies
Pros
Honestly Non come to mind
OK place to work at
RoomBook/Loanpool/Video Conferencing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2017
Company is OK to work for. Needs better Management improvements. Love to work with the clients. The clients is what keeps me happy in the job I do. No where to grow with company.
Poor leadership
Key Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
the calgary office is not organized and my team is not well put together. No training, no acceptance, no team leader ship
Pros
good clients
Cons
not a very good team
Ok (At Best)
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
Grenville gives little opportunity for advancement (at least in my setting) either in the work you do or the pay you make. Supervisors continually pass requests back and forth not wanting to commit to any one answer, afraid of making a decision.

It feels like you have come to a "Stop", a wall rather than an open road in your career. Much more suited to a young first or second job type person.
Pros
Can't think of one beyond "A pay cheque"
Cons
?
Nice people to work with
Billing and Collections Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
not really busy days pass by fast nice environment excellent communication with employees and coworkers not really well paid lower pay rates they should definitely improve
Great people to work with, great company
Shipper / Receiver / Contractor for IBM Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Grenville is a contractor for IBM Canada. You get to learn a lot about the technical side of how IBM works as well as you are responsible for setting up all the meeting for the executives. You also relieve reception for her breaks. Tanya (office Manager) is great to work for, and is very knowledgeable.
Pros
great hours, great people lots of learing
Cons
hourly wage is not as good as it could be
a typical day at work
field service representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 September 2015
Not a fun place to work. Manager is ill prepared and often rushed. Staff frequently called upon to meet a rushed deadline due to managers poor time management skills.
Pros
Cons
peviously stated
Nice people to work with
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 April 2015
It's a fast paced workplace but fun and nice people to work with. Safe and clean environment to work and convenient to commute to and from work.
Pros
Free lunch
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2015
A good financial position on the market.
Professional and nice workers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Amazing Multi-Cultural Workplace
Mailroom Clerk/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2014
Working with Grenville has been an amazing experience. Its a whole new world on its own. It amazes me to see how people from different cultures, come together to contribute to Canadian economy in the best way possible. Its like learning something new everyday. The management being patient has helped its employees grow within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly environment and Helpful nature of all employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grenville. Our community is ready to answer.