Grenville

Grenville Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Friendly staff
Group work

Good place to start a work

Respect each other

Lots of fun in the work

Good period of vacation

They also provide family benefits
Great environment. Very nice people .
It’s a pleasure to work , even though sometimes the job is challenging is always someone there to help you .

I wish them the best of luck !
it's the best place to work and everyone is friendly and i learned everyone's names
workplace culture is terrible

the hardest part is the CIPS at the begging of every month

the most enjoyable part is getting to know people
There are departments in the company that are very good and have good growth But overall the Main management is very slow and unprofessional.
No training is ever given to any new hires and you are left by yourself to fend your way and self train.

If you don't show progress or if the company makes loss, you will be fired for no cause.

Higher managements dont know what they are doing.
Grenville is a great company to work for and the Management is very supportive. I have learned a lot and truly enjoy coming to work everyday!
Just wish they paid more.
Management in the office was awesome, but when you asked about a raise they always said it was in review, after a years time, I got fed up and found a higher paying job with more hours.
Received mail from shipping, sorted mail for each building and floor, delivered mail.
Learned time management skills, and organization skills.

Was a good experience.
Working in sales, the best thing is uncapped commissions. You can made a good amount of money if you hit your quotas. Admin team isn't as strong as other companies which has a negative affect of everyone. Great job for someone who loves to make sales.

Wish them the best of luck.
Pros
Uncapped commissions
Cons
Admin team weak
I worked with some great people. The staff seem to care quite a bit but do seem overwhelmed. There is a shortage of job aids so as a new employee, it is a bit difficult to get up to speed as fast as one would like but there are so many people who want to help. There was someone promoted from this role who was easy to ask questions to.
Pros
Lots of support from different departments.
Cons
Main point of contact for seemed overly busy.
You can work as hard as possible and that will never be enough. Everyone who sticks around is a fool who will never be appreciated. Management just thinks employees are trying to screw the business but never look at what the problems are.

The work is a joke because you are hired for one thing but very quickly are assigned 2-3 people's work with no additional compensation. If you ask for a raise, you are let go.

So many good people get fired for no reason and when you ask your manager why, they say it was the owner's decision.

There are no benefits and nothing that makes you want to stick around.
Pros
Many options for coffee.
Cons
No rewards or recognition. Only upset staff.
22 April 2019
Though we appreciate the feedback, there have been many initiatives in place to increase employee morale and retention. The management has made a commitment to clearly define each role to ensure each employee is able to perform their duties to the best of their abilities.

The company has gone through a transition and downsizing and we are looking at a bright future.

In terms of benefits, we have a health care spending account and hope to have benefits put in place in the near future.
Company contracts out employees to other companies with little or no training and zero support of its employees. Asking a simple question about your job you won’t get a straight answer. People who are competent quickly move on from this terrible employer. Wages are very poor , medical benefits are a joke annual raises are unheard of . Management is constantly trying to clean up a mess somewhere and all decisions are knee jerk . Save yourself a headache and seek employment elsewhere
Pros
They hire anyone after a 5 min phone interview
22 April 2019
Though this may be the initial feeling, there are some roles that require staff to work independently. Hiring decisions are made with the role & requirements clearly defined. As a employee, we encourage you to voice your concerns and further discuss these issues with you Supervisor, HR or another member of the Senior Management Team while remaining professional.
The work environment is good and the Manager is very friendly and helpful and support us , the employees are also friendly and professionals they always help and work with you all the time.
22 April 2019
It is always great to hear that our team is supportive and friendly. We have made a commitment to ensure our staff feel supported and are able to perform their duties to the best of their abilities.
The higher up people at Grenville didn't really know what was going on and just leave everything to their managers to run, but if the manager isn't doing their job than the whole branch suffers. Got paid minimum wage to do basic printing jobs. My day was never busy and had lots of time to do as I pleased.
Worked almost 5 years on various positions and locations. Increased the sale and level of customer service. trained staff in new print soft ware and use of various machines.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
less pay
Work is not bad.
Management is fine with me.

The schedule is fine it suits my personal time.

The rate is only minimum wage can't live on it. No yearly raises.

Benefits is not the greatest.
Pros
Management is o.k.
Cons
Only minimum wage, benefits, no yearly raises
A typical day at work with Grenville Management was quiet but busy since I was assigned to an HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corporation) Bank/Office location. I learned how to manage bank related mail and packages very carefully because most, if not all of these items are very time sensitive. I enjoyed the fact that the job tasks were scheduled for specific times throughout the day, so you know exactly what you should always be doing and what you'll be doing next. It was routinely.
I have been working with Grenville for last two years at TD corporate office. Its a great company. I found our manager and senior managers are very friendly, healpfull and very cooperative. They always focus our facilities and they allow us necessary leave, but first priority is work. As an employee I learn to complete my assignment on priority basis. I honour the policy of Grenville and the way our manager leads our team, is wonderful. I like to stay under the management like NCO GRENVILLE.
Pros
Big number of employees, Available opportunity for cross training, Enough room to learn and growth with new issues.
Cons
Corporate behavior to be implimented among employees
Stay away from these type of companies, I realize you need a job, but honestly your better Off to work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's than work for this company,The Best way to put companies like this out of business is by NOT applying to these type of companies
Pros
Honestly Non come to mind
Cons
Company is OK to work for. Needs better Management improvements. Love to work with the clients. The clients is what keeps me happy in the job I do. No where to grow with company.
the calgary office is not organized and my team is not well put together. No training, no acceptance, no team leader ship
Pros
good clients
Cons
not a very good team
Grenville gives little opportunity for advancement (at least in my setting) either in the work you do or the pay you make. Supervisors continually pass requests back and forth not wanting to commit to any one answer, afraid of making a decision.

It feels like you have come to a "Stop", a wall rather than an open road in your career. Much more suited to a young first or second job type person.
Pros
Can't think of one beyond "A pay cheque"
Cons
?