GREG FREWIN THEATRE Employee Review

View all GREG FREWIN THEATRE reviews

Good place for 2nd job
Front of the house (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 August 2018
A place where they hire just because they need people...Some managers are there just to be there...never helpful...but a very unique place...always meet someone new
Pros
Cons
They hire people with zero experience

Other GREG FREWIN THEATRE Employee Reviews

not the greatest
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 March 2019
worked here for a few months, although a unique enciroment, it is run very poorly and not up to a standard i like to deal with, not the best enviroment to be a new person in as it felt like you get ganged uo on and pushed out the door.
Pros
not much
Cons
management
Unique technical experience!
Stage Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 January 2019
There was a previous review I left in October 2018 but I was too emotionally charged at the time. I want to be fair and recount my experience properly without any negativity.

I was hired originally as a contract video technician. After half a year, I was hired on as a full time stage technician. I had a lot of unique responsibilities to help run the show from tech to stagehand work. I learned plenty of new skills through doing the magic shows and concert shows. It was very consistent work, especially during the summer months with daily shows.

There was a fair share of good and bad moments in my time working here. The crew I worked with were really great and there were many good moments. It was truly an unforgettable experience overall. It was an awkward time for me to leave but I knew in my personal career it was time to move on to something new.

During my last few months I had to pull more weight than what I was normally used to on top of my tech responsibilities. In some cases, it was beyond their control with crew members leaving backstage having their responsibilities left to whomever could fulfill them at the time.

My only criticism would be that open communication needs to be encouraged way more. Unfortunately, there were many times I felt like I couldn't speak up about certain issues I was going through when I took on extra work. I really enjoyed the team meetings after the shows, even though they were far and few in between sometimes.

Whatever you're opinion, this place is very unique to work for, just be sure you're mentally and physically prepared depending
  more... on where you apply.  less
Pros
Free food occasionally, work/life experience
Cons
Lack of communication/appreciation