Greenwood Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Best Retirement Company Out There!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
I have worked for several different retirement companies over the years and NEVER have I found such an amazing & supportive environment. At Greenwood, you have the autonomy to complete tasks as you see fit. All of the staff truly put the residents first. Sure, there are always things that can be improved, but I always feel supported in making changes for the positive.I highly recommend joining the Greenwood Team!
Pros
Autonomy, Work/Life Balance, Upper Management Support
Cons
Salaries are a little low, but worth the piece of mind!
14 August 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you are feeling the Greenwood culture in your role. You are right - there will always be areas for improvement and we will always allow autonomy to do your job; we will even let you make mistakes!
We are glad to have you a part of our team.

really enjoy my work days
executive chef (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 August 2018
I have enjoyed a long career in the culinary industry and after a change of direction and working at other retirement companies I ended up at Greenwood.
Wow what a big difference, I not only have a building full of grandparents I never had growing up but I also have a new work family that I totally feel comfortable with each day. I look forward to seeing everyone every day.
Granted we are employees and have jobs to do so we are all held accountable to make sure things run smoothly for our residents. Greenwood has always encouraged open communication with All Workers. I am never worried about bringing issues and concerns forward to other managers, my executive director or even right to the top with the president herself, where I know things will get worked out so that everyone comes away happy and confident to continue the great work we do at our homes.
I only hope that all employees realise how good they have it working and being a part of the teams at Greenwood retirement homes, I know I do!
Pros
friendly, open, safe and inclusive
Cons
I'm forced to take vacations
14 August 2018

We are so pleased to hear how much you love your job and feel part of a second family. What a wonderful description of the Greenwood Culture!
Thank you for your dedication and for being a part of our team!!

Excellent Culture
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 August 2018
The culture has been created through attention to the residents needs and support of the employees.

The hands-on leadership at Head Office visits regularly (every two weeks) to show support to the management team in the home and to give advice on delicate issues, which makes things run smoothly.
Pros
Resident satisfaction is paramount. Greenwood recognizes that happy employees = happy residents.
13 August 2018

Thank you for your review of working at Greenwood. We do believe that empowering our team members will increase resident satisfaction, and we always work together to solve issues - it takes a team! Thank you for your dedication.

Love my job!
Server (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 August 2018
I have been with Greenwood for 6 years, and can not say enough about the positive culture here. I consider myself VERY lucky to be part of this team!
Pros
great environment, friendly, love the residents and the team
Cons
None!!
13 August 2018

Thank you for your positive review of Greenwood. YOU are a part of creating that culture!! Thank you for all that you do; and We are lucky to have You!

Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 August 2018
Management tends to show favourtism toward other employees. I was called in for meetings for doing the same things as other employees without them getting called in for it. The management would also not call in people when we were short due to being cheap.
8 August 2018

I am sorry to see a former employee write a negative review. Greenwood Retirement Communities pride ourselves in taking care of our team members and our residents. We believe in treating everyone with respect and our reason for being is that we Care. (our Why) We do not believe in favoritism nor do we want our staff working short - quite the opposite in fact.
We are very excited about the culture we have created and welcome and embrace all who share the same values to join us! When we work together, there are no limits to what we can achieve.

Never been so comfortable
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON4 May 2018
I’m at the Lindsay location (Adelaide Place), it’s become like a second home. Any other place I’ve worked I always dreaded having the bosses hanging around, worried about criticism. Greenwood has such supportive and inspiring management that I’d say I’m actually excited when they’re around. I don’t feel like they come around just to look for mistakes.

It’s rare to find a company that cares for real.

If you’re looking, I highly recommend greenwood for employment.
Pros
Above average starting wages, benefits for full time, supportive staff.
Cons
Can’t think of any at this time
7 May 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. We do care for real - in fact that is our "WHY"! We are glad you are a part of our team.

Let me tell you about Greenwood....
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2018
I believe Greenwood its a very nice place to work.
We learn everyday from each other ,we help each other.
Making a difference in people’s lives
Exceptional employees
Supportive, professional culture
Driven to be the best
Commitment to a safe work environment
Live our values
Meaningful careers
Opportunities for advancement
Individual development plans
Training and development programs
Rewards and recognition for achievement
Continuous quality improvement

This is Greenwood, and I am proud to work for a company like that.
Pros
Freedom on managing your responsibilities.
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so inspiring to see your commitment and leadership shine through! Thank you for a being a part of our team.

Harmony on the Hill
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 May 2018
I have worked here for 2 years and I am so happy to be working with wonderful residents and with such a caring and dedicated team of managers and staff. We are here to serve our residents and they appreciate all we do in return. You can't ask for anything better than that.
Pros
Perks for staff, beautiful workplace, caring and friendly culture

Best Place to Work!
management (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 May 2018
The home has a vibrant positive feel from the minute you walk through the door. Residents, families, staff and management are treated with the upmost respect and kindness.

I would recommend working in this home to anyone who delights in putting a smile on the face others.
7 May 2018

Best company I have worked for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2018
I've worked in senior living for about 20 years and have never enjoyed a job more. I have worked for larger, more corporate, senior living chains and felt that I was over worked and underappreciated. I have never felt that working for Greenwood. I feel that upper management cares about the well being of not only the residents, but all their front line and management teams too. I actually have a work/life balance again and the ultimate bonus is that I love my job and my boss too!
Pros
Assistance program, education fund, discount programs, summer events
7 May 2018

I love my job and the company's culture
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2018
I enjoy coming to work every single day. I find my job challenging, exciting and fulfilling. The culture at Greenwood is supportive, understanding and encourages personal and educational growth.
Take the opportunity to find your dream job at Greenwood Retirement Communities.
Pros
Amazing team to work with.
Cons
You haven't tried it.
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so inspiring to see your commitment to the work we do. Thank you for a being a part of our team!

Greenwood is HOME!
Management (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2018
For our amazing residents, incredible staff and management, Greenwood Retirement Communities is home! Safety, security, and top notch services are priority and it is very evident whenever any Greenwood Residence is visited. They care for and take care of their employees who then provide the best care for the residents. Don't look any further, there is no better than Greenwood Retirement Communities!
Pros
Supportive management, great perks, a home-like atmosphere
Cons
Zero!
7 May 2018

Amazing place. Great team, welcoming residents, overall great community!
Active member (Current Employee) –  McCowan, ON3 May 2018
The staff are hard working, friendly and loving towards the residents. The residents are welcoming to new comers, really funny and always looking for more friends!

The activities are engaging, the food is excellent and the overall atmosphere really makes you feel like a family. Working here gives feeling of accomplishment.

Best place to work!
Pros
Friendly, hardworking staff, good food, large space, engaging activities
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so inspiring to see your commitment and caring nature shine through! Thank you for a being a part of our team.

Horrible Place !
PSW (Former Employee) –  Harmony and Taunton15 April 2018
It is a horrible place to work. They make you do everything, charge the individuals what work them a ton of money and still pay you next to nothing. No breaks were given you are expected to be on the go the whole shift. It is ridiculous and the labour board should be called. They also tell you disputed the negative things that happened not to tell anyone and to still give them a good rating. What kind of business does that. I can go on and on but this company is not worth the time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, No Breaks, Do not care for their employees, They only care about keeping money in their pockets etc.
2 May 2018

It is unfortunate that a former employee feels the need to say such negative and obviously untrue things...Greenwood Retirement Communities pride ourselves in taking care of our team members and our residents. We emphasize listening to our team members, and treating others the same way we would want to be treated. We are very excited about the culture we have created and welcome and embrace all who share the same values to join us! Taking breaks, working together, and sharing the load are part of what we believe is necessary. When we work together, there are no limits to what we can achieve.

Best team I have worked with
Management (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 August 2017
The culture at Greenwood is one of growth, support, learning and passion. You have the autonomy to be the best you can be in your way, to learn and grow from what you did today in order to do it better tomorrow. To be passionate about what you do and most importantly you have the chance to make the difference in people's lives because of this culture. Can you imagine doing all of this with the best support imaginable from the leadership team, your peers and your front line team? That's Greenwood...come see for yourself!
Pros
Perks that consider ALL aspects of your life!
Cons
None here!
18 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. Passion, learning, growing and making a difference is certainly what we are all about! Thanks for a being a part of our team!

Amazing career awaits!
Management (Current Employee) –  Head Office24 July 2017
I finally found the company where I can see myself spending my entire career. It is a culture of caring and providing the support and career development everyone talks about as the end goal in professional development classes. Expectations are high as there is a great deal of responsibility with seniors, but the rewards are very fulfilling. My colleagues are fantastic and our President is second to none. It is a great company and environment to work in.
Pros
Freedom to engage and manage your own responsibilities
Cons
I don't have any cons.
28 July 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you find our job fulfilling! We are fortunate to have a wonderful team of people working toward a common goal of treating others the way we would like to be treated.