Greenwood Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Let me tell you about Greenwood....
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2018
I believe Greenwood its a very nice place to work.
We learn everyday from each other ,we help each other.
Making a difference in people’s lives
Exceptional employees
Supportive, professional culture
Driven to be the best
Commitment to a safe work environment
Live our values
Meaningful careers
Opportunities for advancement
Individual development plans
Training and development programs
Rewards and recognition for achievement
Continuous quality improvement

This is Greenwood, and I am proud to work for a company like that.
Pros
Freedom on managing your responsibilities.
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so inspiring to see your commitment and leadership shine through! Thank you for a being a part of our team.

Harmony on the Hill
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 May 2018
I have worked here for 2 years and I am so happy to be working with wonderful residents and with such a caring and dedicated team of managers and staff. We are here to serve our residents and they appreciate all we do in return. You can't ask for anything better than that.
Pros
Perks for staff, beautiful workplace, caring and friendly culture

Best Place to Work!
management (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 May 2018
The home has a vibrant positive feel from the minute you walk through the door. Residents, families, staff and management are treated with the upmost respect and kindness.

I would recommend working in this home to anyone who delights in putting a smile on the face others.
7 May 2018

Best company I have worked for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2018
I've worked in senior living for about 20 years and have never enjoyed a job more. I have worked for larger, more corporate, senior living chains and felt that I was over worked and underappreciated. I have never felt that working for Greenwood. I feel that upper management cares about the well being of not only the residents, but all their front line and management teams too. I actually have a work/life balance again and the ultimate bonus is that I love my job and my boss too!
Pros
Assistance program, education fund, discount programs, summer events
7 May 2018

I love my job and the company's culture
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2018
I enjoy coming to work every single day. I find my job challenging, exciting and fulfilling. The culture at Greenwood is supportive, understanding and encourages personal and educational growth.
Take the opportunity to find your dream job at Greenwood Retirement Communities.
Pros
Amazing team to work with.
Cons
You haven't tried it.
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so inspiring to see your commitment to the work we do. Thank you for a being a part of our team!

Greenwood is HOME!
Management (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2018
For our amazing residents, incredible staff and management, Greenwood Retirement Communities is home! Safety, security, and top notch services are priority and it is very evident whenever any Greenwood Residence is visited. They care for and take care of their employees who then provide the best care for the residents. Don't look any further, there is no better than Greenwood Retirement Communities!
Pros
Supportive management, great perks, a home-like atmosphere
Cons
Zero!
7 May 2018

Amazing place. Great team, welcoming residents, overall great community!
Active member (Current Employee) –  McCowan, ON3 May 2018
The staff are hard working, friendly and loving towards the residents. The residents are welcoming to new comers, really funny and always looking for more friends!

The activities are engaging, the food is excellent and the overall atmosphere really makes you feel like a family. Working here gives feeling of accomplishment.

Best place to work!
Pros
Friendly, hardworking staff, good food, large space, engaging activities
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so inspiring to see your commitment and caring nature shine through! Thank you for a being a part of our team.

Horrible Place !
PSW (Former Employee) –  Harmony and Taunton15 April 2018
It is a horrible place to work. They make you do everything, charge the individuals what work them a ton of money and still pay you next to nothing. No breaks were given you are expected to be on the go the whole shift. It is ridiculous and the labour board should be called. They also tell you disputed the negative things that happened not to tell anyone and to still give them a good rating. What kind of business does that. I can go on and on but this company is not worth the time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, No Breaks, Do not care for their employees, They only care about keeping money in their pockets etc.
2 May 2018

It is unfortunate that a former employee feels the need to say such negative and obviously untrue things...Greenwood Retirement Communities pride ourselves in taking care of our team members and our residents. We emphasize listening to our team members, and treating others the same way we would want to be treated. We are very excited about the culture we have created and welcome and embrace all who share the same values to join us! Taking breaks, working together, and sharing the load are part of what we believe is necessary. When we work together, there are no limits to what we can achieve.

Best team I have worked with
Management (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 August 2017
The culture at Greenwood is one of growth, support, learning and passion. You have the autonomy to be the best you can be in your way, to learn and grow from what you did today in order to do it better tomorrow. To be passionate about what you do and most importantly you have the chance to make the difference in people's lives because of this culture. Can you imagine doing all of this with the best support imaginable from the leadership team, your peers and your front line team? That's Greenwood...come see for yourself!
Pros
Perks that consider ALL aspects of your life!
Cons
None here!
18 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. Passion, learning, growing and making a difference is certainly what we are all about! Thanks for a being a part of our team!

Amazing career awaits!
Management (Current Employee) –  Head Office24 July 2017
I finally found the company where I can see myself spending my entire career. It is a culture of caring and providing the support and career development everyone talks about as the end goal in professional development classes. Expectations are high as there is a great deal of responsibility with seniors, but the rewards are very fulfilling. My colleagues are fantastic and our President is second to none. It is a great company and environment to work in.
Pros
Freedom to engage and manage your own responsibilities
Cons
I don't have any cons.
28 July 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you find our job fulfilling! We are fortunate to have a wonderful team of people working toward a common goal of treating others the way we would like to be treated.