Greenlight Innovation Employee Reviews

If you work very hard its a great job. Do not expect to get the job you want.
Internship in Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 April 2018
They did not give me a job title. I began each day asking what I was supposed to do and then completed that task. The job was usually cutting wires than threading those wires onto tags than putting those tags on the machines. Sometimes we would clean the machines for shipping or assemble and attach parts. Management was great and always available to ask for assistance. I never needed their help. Anyone motivated can do this job. It is a human assembly line; just do what your told and you will get through each day.
Pros
Sometimes there are free lunches. Friendly and helpful coworkers.
Progressive and fun place to work with great opportunity to learn.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 October 2017
Loved working at Greenlight! It's a fast paced environment so you're always learning something new. The workplace culture is fun and supportive, which is important when you are working hard to meet production deadlines.

Co-workers and management are outstanding, everyone has a lot on their plates, but are always willing to stop and help out when you ask, and give feedback in a meaningful and helpful way.

I loved working in the industry - you truly feel like your work is meaningful and that you're making a difference.
Pros
Fast paced, but fun. Good workplace culture and friendly people.
Good for enigineers
Shipper/Receiver, Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 May 2017
I did not like the culture at this workplace, my department manager was unduly negative and pessimistic about everything, I could not function in this work environment.
Pros
Cons
no overtime pay
Good group of people doing interesting work in HFC
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 August 2016
Pros:
- The people (funny, intelligent, warm, well-intentioned) make it a great place to show up.
- The work; designing and producing complex testing equipment that's a part of progress in the alt energy sector feels pretty good. It's complicated equipment. Brain gets challenged.
- Office in Burnaby easy to access, good location, quick commute from city. Skytrain pulls right up across the street. Many staff cycle to work from various parts of Vancouver.
- Management are collaborative. Have skin the game, so they care about the company.
- Staff respectful of one another.
- 50 people, but feels like a small company.

Cons:
- Sometimes big machine sales come rolling in all at once, and we get stretched into OT to meet demand.
- Living in Vancouver is expensive depending on where you live (Burnaby much cheaper).
ok company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 June 2013
Company needs worker-bees not leaders. Management is kind of shortsighted and doesnt really engage employees in decisions. They are looking for minions and folks that keep quiet and can be beaten up to do any task. Also, kind of a cowboy/roughneck/macho attitude amongst a white-collar (highly educated) management. Weird? go figure...

overtime policy sucks, you are allowed to bank time but its useless as you are not allowed to utilize the bank time instead of vacation.
Pros
occassional barbeque