Greenhouse Juice Co.

Greenhouse Juice Co. Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Fun environment with bad management
Management is very hit & miss. I was given shifts that conflicted with my availability. The customers are typically very friendly and a treat to interact with, as well as most co-workers.
27 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Greenhouse environment! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at hr@greenhouse.ca.
Typical Day
responsibilities of a shopkeeper :
- sanitary of food equipment

- inventory stocking fridges

- efficient and fast customer care needed

- FIFO foods, etc
27 May 2020
Thanks for your review and for painting a picture of what a Shopkeeper can expect in a typical day at Greenhouse!
Worst /weirdest company I've ever worked for
Management is clueless about how to actually manage, fake and sometimes gaslighting. You can go above and beyond and then be fired anyway, I'm not the only one with that story. Their processes make no sense and it's your fault you can't make sense of them. Highest turnover I've ever seen. You will be blamed for not doing things management should be doing. Best part of this job was the customers. some actually warning me and recommending other places to apply for jobs, God bless them. Should have trusted my gut it feels off from day 1.
27 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view. We're sorry you felt let down and we take your feedback seriously. If you would like to share more of your perspective in a constructive way, please email us at hr@greenhouse.ca with more context, so that we can address your concerns directly.
Greenhouse's juice made with their employers souls
Working at Greenhouse is like being in an abusive relationship. You are expected to go above and beyond for the company, give everything you have and the company just keeps on taking. Once they are done with you they throw you out like you don't mater. You will constantly hear management say how we need to work as a team and how communication is important. However, nothing is ever communicated to staff, head office has retail meetings without the heads of the retail team. There is nothing like hearing someone go "oh I cant meet tomorrow as I have a retail meeting!" knowing that the head of retail are not going to be there. Decisions are made about stores by people who have never worked in our stores. As a company, it wonders why it is not able to retain staff that is because the staff is treated like garbage. You are to acquire the best staff? How about getting to know the people that you have and work with their strengths instead of constantly getting new shiny toys and just forgetting about the old ones. Tips: Stop using your store managers as glorified shopkeepers, actually learn how your stores operate before making drastic changes to them, learn the names of your staff and follow your own advice and actually communicate with everyone.
10 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this personal feedback. It saddens us to hear that you had an unpleasant experience while with Greenhouse. We take your feedback seriously and would have liked to have addressed your concerns with you directly during your time here. If you would like to help us improve, please do so by contacting hr@greenhouse.ca with more context on the situations you are referring to. Much appreciated.
Poorly organized, disinterested management
By far the most disorganized I have worked for. Head Office was reluctant to make changes to issues that were raised repeatedly. The company obviously cares more about expanding into grocery stores, not their employees.
Great opportunities to grow and make an impact
Innovative and growing fast paced startup with a lot of opportunities.

A place where you can learn, wear many hats and make great impact, as long as you have the mindset of startups and ready to be hands on and proactive. The efforts are worth it when we see the results and feel that the company is working on hiring more people as we grow.

I feel proud to work for a company that values customers, employees, is committed to making high quality, nutritious and safe products, and cares for the environment.
Pros
Innovative and fast growing company, A place where you can learn, wear many hats and make great impact, Management is supportive of initiatives for culture and communication improvement, Great growing renewed team, Colleagues are friendly and willing to grow together, Amazing products.
Cons
Sometimes work loads can be high, especially as we transition into new phases of company growth, but higher management is understanding and supportive to improve our work-life balance, and is working on hiring more people as we grow.
Great product, great team
Pros:

Great hours, management is dedicated and want you to succeed

Customers love the product, easy to sell

Great co workers

Cons:

Sometimes we don't find out about launches as soon as we could
Improper infrastructure in place.
Staffs are not competent for their key functions in the company and not properly trained. No adequate uniform provided for working in extreme cold environment.

Upper management is not committed to food safety.
Disaster company and management
Management is a joke. There is no respect for employees and we are constantly being asked to do things that are not in our job description, without an increase in pay. Secondly, for a company that prides themselves on being “low waste”, they produce a massive amount of plastic and non recyclable waste. The only thing Green about this company is the owners last name. Stores are constantly understaffed and we are reprimanded for long customer wait times which results in burnout.
Pros
One free juice per shift
Cons
See review (plus much more)
Fun enjoyable job
if your looking for daily money this could be a good side job for you. Work your own hours (lunch or evening or both) set your own schedule. Dont work past 10pm.
Pros

Tips, own boss, work in any city, learn about new popular spots
Great place to work!
great products. great people. great locations. I loved working here, the culture is fun and inviting and free juice is a huge bonus! would recommend to anyone who is passionate about wellness.
Messy and soul crushing.
Greenhouse, despite being 5 years old, is ridiculously messy and unbalanced. You’ll find yourself doing much more than what youre being paid. Turn over rate is ridiculous and long hours with difficult customers (who throw the owners name around like it’s a badge) and you’ll get essentially ZERO recognition for hard work. Co-workers do the bare minimum and standards as far as consistency and communication are comical. Founders have no idea what’s happening on the retail level and an overall huge disconnect from company despite the image they project. Huge emphasis on Product knowledge with no formal training then you’re reprimanded for not knowing something. Don’t apply here if you want to maintain a work/life balance and remain unbothered by this mess of a business.
Pros
1 juice per shift + waste
Cons
Do y’all have an hour or two...?
Horrible
I do not recommend working here. If you are friends with the owner then you'll be fine. If not better get ready to work hard and not get recognized. The company is run by a man baby and his minions.
Pros
Free juice
Cons
Too many to list
Horrible
Please do yourself a favour and don't apply here. Managers are not trusted to do their jobs by head office and are constantly belittled and undermined. No attention paid to work-life balance. Such a shame because the product quality is high.
Great job for someone interested in health and wellness
Lot's of education around the product, product knowledge is key for Greenhouse! Love working in-store, interacting with customers. Customer service is key here. It is a growing company, so flexibility in team members is a must - systems change often (which can be hard!) but the end goal is always improvement. Love their mission and happy to be part of a team that is focused on sustainability and accessibility.
Pros
Free juice, great company values
Cons
Customers can be difficult sometimes
Fun and flexible place to work
A fun and wonderful place to work, management is very easy going when requiring schedule flexibility. The job is simple and can get repetitive at times but you also can really connect with your customers. Free juice and other perks. Very wellness and health based. Management listens to suggestions and concerns frequently.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, benefits, free juice
Cons
Messy head management
Better have a good communication skill with all the staff members
-Nothing , for me everyday are the same

- For newly hired employees, management should assigned someone to give her/him introduction about the company, what we produce, where do we use this and that and so on. All the SKU`s that we purchased should be shown to the newly hired person. A short tour to the plant should be implemented.

-Management should have a good communication skill.

-Approving invoices from the past that you can`t even get a proof of deliveries

-I love challenges, I was really challenge with this job and I`m enjoying it.
Pros
Free drinks
Awful head management
They constantly came into the store and insulted employees. treat the staff like they are all scum. no real chance of growth. you only seem to move up if you are friends of the founders
Pros
one free juice a day
Cons
head management is the worst iv ever seen
Great environment!
I loved working with this company! There was a lot of room for growth and an excellent team to lead and manage you on your path. Wellness based with like-minded staff who continuously help you grow - professionally and personally.
Lack of Transparency
The owners do not trust the staff to do the job. The work culture is terrible and people are lead by fear of losing their job by the owners. The staff members work hard but often are blamed when something goes wrong that is outside of their control.
Pros
free juices, flexible hours
Cons
long hours, lack of trust
Toxic Environment That Trickles Down From Head Office
Save yourself the headache and do not apply here. This is a company that is so focused on creating a beautiful outward image but lacking in respecting and setting their employees up for success. The culture is incredibly toxic and not what you may envision it as. They often expect you to go above and beyond your pay grade without any sort of compensation or acknowledgement.
Pros
one free staff juice per shift
Cons
oh there are so many!