Greenfield Global

Greenfield Global Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Your input in all aspects is welcome.
Your job is what you make of it.

Management tends to listen to any and all problems.

Overall a good place of employment.
Good salary, great benefits, potential for movement.

The work can be rewarding and working for a company focused on reducing the global carbon footprint with their products is a nice cause to get behind.
Good employer to work for, great industry, fair practices: compensation, perks, benefits.
Sustainable and renewable energy sources. Great CEO and President.
Overall positive work environment. Lots of changes. The company does a good job communicating most changes. CEO makes it a priority to visit each location and provide updates at least 2 times a year. You work with like minded individuals who are willing to help you. Everyday you learn something new.
Responsible for the switchboard and direction of calls from clients, office assistant to the Executives as needed, responsible for daily office operations, taking care of expenses for the Executives, assist with Executive travel arrangements. Responsible for office supplies, couriers (in & out), office mail distribution and office equipment maintenance.
Pros
Right in the heart of downtown Toronto
Cons
Long daily commutes for me
This is an awesome company to work for. The people are the greatest! It's a wonderful place to work, I would not change my job for anything. I love it here!
Co-oping at this plant was more work than any of the other co-op places that I have heard about. Day to day life is pretty easy with rotating 12hr shifts starting at 7 to 7 they definitely ease you into training and full-time work nicely.
Team oriented environment in an open atmosphere. I have learned a lot working here and have gained knowledge in all aspects of IT. Management is great and encourage personal growth. Culture is fun and the company holds many different events for employee.
Worked as a student consultant to design a solution for an issue at the plant. The workers and management were all very friendly and helped us with any questions that we had.
This is a great company to work for. The company takes pride in its employees and supports them. The safety and well being of their employees is the highest priority and they are respected for this.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Greenfield Global?
Management team is approachable, fair and forward thinking. Great company to work for.
Generous benefits and RRSP program.

Commitment to continuous learning
A lean business that stays ahead of the curve on engineering and training. Aside from the high turnover rate of employees, this job offers great job security for those who stay.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits and
Cons
Poor management training
GreenField was a great place to work that put an emphasis on teamwork, continuous improvement, fun, and rewarding work.
I am very fortunate to have had the experience of being part of a start up company. The first few years were very challenging and rewarding. My departments ranks first on our employee survey due to the great team I have. I enjoy mentoring my group and helping them fulfill their career aspirations. The most difficult part of the job has been having to terminate employees for a variety of reasons. Although I enjoy the company, and my department I am looking for a new position with a greater challenge. I would like to focus on my personal growth and development.
Pros
Cons
Lack of upward mobility
• Design, build and support of (RHEL based) Oracle Linux servers for Oracle EBS deployment in a predominately Windows environment
• Securing of Linux and Windows servers for PCI compliance, including firewalling and IPsec encryption

• Implementation of customized network deployment solution for rapid Linux server deployment on IBM Blade hardware with SAN storage

• Integrated AD authentication for Linux servers to enable centralized user management

• Prepared detailed documentation and training to hand-off Linux servers to Windows support staff

• Virtualization of Linux servers under Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 & 2012 based cloud infrastructure

• Web server usage monitoring and reporting using Splunk

• Troubleshooting of communication problems across application, server and network layers, by coordinating resources across teams

• Performance improvements of secure file transfer system (Accellion FTA)
Gros budjet nous permettant de fonctioner rapidement. Nous permetant de livre le projet a temps.
Mes collaborateurs étaient précieux
Mon autonomie était apprécié

Travailler avec des équipes multidisciplinaires sont des expériences enrichissantes
Horrible work conditions. NOT an 'equal employer' . Takes advantage of their employees.