Green Earth Employee Reviews

great work atmosphere
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON12 January 2018
Working at Green Earth was a great experience from the basic daily routine to the other employees products and costumers. Management is great. If given the opportunity I would definitely go back.
Proactive work environment with minimal opportunity for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 January 2018
A typical day at work would start with signing into the computer system and logging your hours. Then you were encouraged to get onto the floor and sell, sell, sell! I learned the importance of product knowledge and saw real results - the more I knew of one product, the easier I could sell. Management was very fragile, with key holders changing many times throughout my time as an associate. Workplace culture was open and free-spirited - anyone was welcome with open arms. Very little judgment across associates with most employees working together to meet their goals. The hardest part of the job was during the Christmas season where a limited amount of staff tried to help an abundance of customers at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job consisted of meeting new people with very different interests and hobbies.
Disliked.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 December 2017
Company provided employees with highly unrealistic sales goals considering the number of costumers within the Sarnia location. Would force management to take action in firing and hiring people all over the place.
Stay away from this place!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 December 2017
One one the worst places to work! Their mission statement makes it sounds so great but start working here and you will soon see it is not their motto!

At first the upper management makes you feel very valuable, then they will bully and belittle you! District Managers work non stop and They go through Regional Managers like crazy!

Surprised they are still in business!
Pros
Cons
Expected to do Long hours unpaid, no work life balance
Do your research before taking the job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 November 2017
Poor work to life balance. Required to work 6 days a week yet only paid for five. No benefits, no bonuses and no raises. Poor communication from head office. Regional manager vents about his problems yet doesn’t support back. Upper management always wants to fire staff as soon as something goes wrong. It’s a very react first think later company. It has great potential with great product but is a horrible working environment. Beware do your research before taking the job!
Pros
A pay cheque
Cons
Not paid for time put in
learned various jobs
DZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 October 2017
I learned various jobs and gained experience while also being a team player. Everyday was a new experience and each day was a new learning experience.
Challenging, Fun, Work Environment
Maanger (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 October 2017
Green Earth is a great place to work. The environment is fun and laid back - but also challenging. There are great products to sell. It is a place you don't dread going in to work - you can actually enjoy it and look forward to seeing your co-workers and regular customers. The staff love having fun and challenging each other - but also want to help each other. Working for Green Earth is not always easy - but it is always rewarding!
Pros
Fantastic environment and team
Cons
There are times when it is slow and you have to be able to keep yourself busy.
I do not recommend applying.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Head Office, London Ontario2 October 2017
In the office 5 very long years. If you enjoy low pay, being treated like you are expendable and screamed and sworn at, then this is the place for you.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from staff, management seriously needs some courses in managing people
Fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 September 2017
Fun environment, welcoming staff.

Variety of different item to meet the needs of individuals.
Always a safe place to be.
A lot to look at.
Very cultural
Bad bad bad place!
Sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 September 2017
I tried so hard at the beginning but then getting nothing in return I simply gave up and the drama between the employees with no manager was just getting too much for me. I started off as a part time sales associate, was doing the sales supervisors job after a while, they tried to keep me as a key holder so they wouldn't have to pay me the extra .25 cents, I had enough I was going to leave then I was giving the position. After the manger left we had 4 sales supervisors running the store, it slowly started spirling out of control and it was time for me to go!
Cons
Bad company, money hungry, selfish, liars!
terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON29 August 2017
i had panic attacks every day working at green earth. i worked here for about two months before having enough of being treated like dirt. gossip runs rampant. supervisors are awful. higher ups are condescending and frankly think they're all that and a bag of chips. unrealistic sales goals with zero incentive except for keeping your job which you only get 8 hours a week. i was literally threatened with being fired if i didn't get my sales up like two weeks into starting there. just brutal.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and fun place to work
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 August 2017
n As a Keyholder for Green Earth I had many responsibilities. I was in charge to open and close the store, scheduling for employees, handling customer returns and complaints, maintaining inventory and cycle counting, and visual merchandising. As a leadership role, it was a unique experience to understand the position of dealing with employees as well as customers.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Mall hours
Unique Enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 August 2017
While working at Green Earth I grew a better appreciation for the spiritual side of life. You are introduced to a very unique crowd of people that gives you a better appreciation for the diversity in this world.
Terrible workplace, low pay, no job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2017
During the time i was working here over 6 different people were let go and i had already been warned that most people dont last long. The work is not difficult however the manager would go back and forth on things all the time leaving you confused or frustrated. My fellow coworkers were lovely however none of them are actually there anymore because they were either let go or left after a lot of mistreatment. scheduling was a joke, things would change on a daily basis and it was not abnormal for the manager to forget to schedule anyone to open or close the store. Management regularly would get involved in your personal life and use things against you. this included spreading rumors and talking badly about you to other staff members. The store is cool and the customers are usually super nice but nothing is worth dealing with a rude, insensitive, over dramatic manager.
Pros
friendly customers, unique products
Cons
scheduling, managment, pay, mostly everything
Very fun and sociable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2017
It has really neat products, so it was really great talking about them with people. It was never too busy of a store, but it had so many novelty items and giftware it drew in a very diverse crowd.
Pros
really interesting place to learn
Cons
They were to pushy on staff making specific numbers over their overall amount made.
Not worth your time.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2017
Managment cheated me on my hours (despite me working up to 7 days a week!) And made a big deal about it when I told them they screwed up. Also there is no paid overtime and only 1 unpaid break per day. Employees made the enviornment somewhat hostile. Management could use some work as many people would stand around and others would have to fill in the gaps. Also you are expected to be busy even when there's nothing left to do.
Pros
Not a hard job
Cons
Low pay and hours and lack of respect
fun work enviroment
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 May 2017
As long as you have good product knowledge it is an easy and fun place to work. Everyone is friendly and happy to help out especially the management team.
Loved it here!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 May 2017
Green Earth was a lot of fun to work at. It is a really cool and fun atmosphere and management was great. The management are very inclusive and open to tattoos, piercings, coloured hair, spunkiness, etc which is great! Provided sufficient training and all the staff was like one big family. They were really flexible to work around my school/life schedule which was awesome. The only downfall is it paid minimum wage, but should be expected as it's a simple retail position.
Pros
Great atmosphere and staff
Cons
minimum wage
great and ideal first job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
great place to work at i loved the employees i had a good communications with and the management team very helpful and resourceful on product knowledge
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
short hours
it was good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 May 2017
\green earth was a challenging yet educational and amusing store. over all my time was good but short, and i wish i could have continued working there
Pros
30% off
Cons
sales target