Green Earth Stores Employee Reviews

Challenging, Fun, Work Environment
Maanger (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 October 2017
Green Earth is a great place to work. The environment is fun and laid back - but also challenging. There are great products to sell. It is a place you don't dread going in to work - you can actually enjoy it and look forward to seeing your co-workers and regular customers. The staff love having fun and challenging each other - but also want to help each other. Working for Green Earth is not always easy - but it is always rewarding!
Pros
Fantastic environment and team
Cons
There are times when it is slow and you have to be able to keep yourself busy.
Unique Enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 August 2017
While working at Green Earth I grew a better appreciation for the spiritual side of life. You are introduced to a very unique crowd of people that gives you a better appreciation for the diversity in this world.
no room for growth and hard work thats not appreciated.
sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 April 2017
I worked for this company for 2 1/2 years and I have little to show from it. At first I thought the world of this small growing company. I made my way to sales supervisor and gave the store 110% of my time and focus. I loved the products we sold and the people that came into the store. I was good at what I did and then I was blindsided and let go because "it just wasn't working out". There was no reason behind it and I was left feeling like I did something wrong when I didn't and was given no REAL reason for my dismissal. I worked hard...hardly ever called in sick...did all that was asked of me and more and just like that they were able to shove me out the door. I don't understand how a company can do that to loyal employees. The store itself is great....the products are amazing and the service you receive when walking through those doors is fantastic...management on the other hand is a different story. Even when you are on top, they can come out from behind you and pull the rug out from underneath your feet.
Pros
great products
Cons
management has no loyalties
Slave labour
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2017
Worked hard long hours with nothing to show. Tempt agency fired me for getting sick and asks for more money. Flat out slave labour with nothing to show.
Cons
Yelled at for everything
Good People
RETAIL ASSISTANT/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 December 2016
Great place to work with fun and exciting people. Learned about sales for the first time and had fun while doing it. We sold everything from swords to scented candles.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
A wonderful place to work!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 June 2016
There are a number of harsh, but valid reviews on this site regarding Green Earth. A number of people had experiences that they didn't enjoy. To these folks I say: "Take a look at us now!"

As a small company we have had our ups and downs. I can say that we are coming into the best time we have ever had.

The negative energy, and the concerns that are listed are gone. In their place are supportive and engaged Store Managers and District Managers who place your success first.

We do have high standards for our staff, and that's something we are proud of, as it's what helps us be successful! It's a place that will challenge your skills, and train you to become the best salespeople you can be. These skills can be a benefit to you even after you've gone on to your next adventure.
Pros
Growth opportunities for all and fun environment
Cons
Small company that's still growing and learning.
Hobbies and Gifts
Sales sup (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 May 2016
Green Earth is a great place to work due to the diverse customers it attracts. The store contains everything from garden/outdoor accessories to healing crystals to fun guest entertainment. I have learned great ways to build relationships with customers and obtain their needs. The hardest part of the job would be the sales targets but that doesnt become an issues as your learn about your customers and find their wants and needs. Then everything just falls into place. (unless theres no customers) The sales team is very positive and helpful. We all work together as a team to keep the store presentable, clean and a fun environment for our customers. we build together and help on another learn more about our products and customers. The all black uniform is a bit depressing but it helps out customers find us (kinda) and our colourful personalities shine through.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
hard floors. but good shoes help
Fast Paced, sales driven company that continues to build status through great customer service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 April 2016
This company is fantastic. They sell a wide variety of home decor and giftware for all occasions. They work side by side with staff to create a stress free work environment. I received hands on training almost daily. There was always room to grow and always knew that I had the support from my Head Office if I ever needed it.
Basic retail job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cambridge14 April 2013
Supervised and trained 1 to 2 sales associates per shift, opened and closed store, prepared daily sales reports, educated product knowledge and placement within staff
Unique botique. Gifts for all
Credit/Debit transactions
Sales oriented
Part-time Sales
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 December 2012
There is just not enough hours or potential for advancement
Sales Supervisor Review
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 December 2012
A typical day at work consists of reorganizing and merchandising the store as well as various sales duties. I also oversee cash duties and returns, making sure customers are satisfied. Unfortunately management doesn't provide fair promotion opportunities and there is little recognition of those doing a good job. That is the hardest part of the job, working hard and caring about the work you do - without recognition.
The most enjoyable part of the job is encouraging co-workers, connecting and helping customers and feeling pride in having a well organized and smooth running store.