Green Acres Foundation Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn
HR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 April 2019
I've really enjoyed my time at Green Acres. They've given me a chance to learn and grow and I'm gaining so much relevant experience in my field. I also really like the CEO, great leadership and the administrative staff really do care about employees and the image of the organization. On top of that they are passionate about being the best. I've never felt like there were limitations placed on me, if I want to take more time to do something right they encourage that.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Benefits
Family Culture
Food Services (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge30 October 2018
I find that Green Acres Foundation has a very family-oriented culture. Whenever I speak to other staff members, everyone talks about how the best part of their job is the residents, and everyone is focused on improving the resident's quality of life. Things may be chaotic at times, but everyone is willing to help out for the sake of the residents.

I have heard that the Admin and Management have been improving over the past few years and we do a lot more engagement events, and the events are getting better, but I'm relatively new and I think it's been pretty good since I've started. I know some sites are better for engagement events that others, but my site is very good for it.

Benefits are good, free meals at the lodges, etc.

I wish there was more connection between the sites - I mainly just know my site and none of the other staff at the other sites. I hope to see more events in the future that combine all of the sites together.
Pros
Culture, free meals, residents
Cons
Disconnection between sites
chaotic and unsafe, untrained staff on payroll
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 August 2018
Will never recommend working for Green Acres Foundation until they clean up the lazy, uncaring staff and managers at the Lodges. No Employee Handbook rules are being followed and managers are just as bad for not enforcing them or following them either. No accountability or consequences given to insubordinate staff and the welfare of the residents are constantly being made at risk especially on nights and weekends. Manager never drops in at those times to see these dangerous gong shows and even during the day the manager turns a blind eye to the staff who are on their phones and gossiping and wasting time instead of doing the job they are paid to do...All the responsible respectful staff get tired of doing the lazy staff’s jobs on top of their own...get frustrated, worn out and quit to find a less dangerous and more organized workplace to put their efforts into. Sad...
Pros
lovely residents
Cons
self centered, lazy staff and manager kept on payroll
Great place to work!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lethbidge21 March 2018
The Foundation values integrity, honesty, respect, and loyalty. They value their staff and provide RRSP and benefit options. Health and drive safe programs are given to staff and employees receive a card which provides discounts at local stores. And the meals the cook make are great!

Last month the Foundation invited staff and their family to a movie night at the Mill and each year they provide an awesome long service award night.

I recommend working here as staff and residents are wonderful and my manager is firm but fair.
Pros
Long term work
dis organized !
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 January 2018
most negative place to work
they are more worried about the color of your shoes than the care of residents.
Always short staffed and management does not replace in order to save money..thus residient do not get what they are paying for
Very un co operative with staff and scheduling,
Overall fun and nice experience.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 September 2017
I'm just a volunteer but helping around the senior home is always pleasant. It's a friendly environment with kind workers and residents alike! I have no sense of stress from regular workers and everyone, everyone seems to always have a good time.
As a temp job it is not that bad
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 August 2017
Being a temp job it was not a bad experience. I love the residents, they make my day the best part of the day. The work is very routine but that is fine.
A Great Beginning Job
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 July 2017
This job helped me get my start. I mastered my organization skills, I developed a new STAT system, I developed new music and art programs, I built a better system to identify if a program is still getting benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the residents and getting to know them on a personal basis.
Great relationships created
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
Overall good experience with coworkers and formed amazing relationships with residents. But like most care centers staff support is lacking from management.
management micromanages everything
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 November 2016
Management micromanages everything. There is almost no ability to move up in this company or to shine unless you're pre-chosen. Morale seems to be very low all over the place in this company.
Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Picture Butte, AB26 May 2015
Working as a Health Care Aide (HCA) was wonderful. I loved assisting client's with their care when needed. It is so rewarding when your client tells you thank you or I appreciate your help. It was a blessing to of had the opportunity to work as an HCA for four years and meet so many wonderful people and care for so many more!
Great people to work with.
Resident service (Current Employee) –  coaldale21 April 2015
The coworkers here treat you like family and help you out any way they can. There is no hard part of the job because everyone works together.