GRECO PIZZA Employee Reviews

Great place to work boss is great staff is great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalhousie, NB17 May 2017
Love working here the boss is great and so are my Co worker anytime I need off boss gives it we are all very close Co workers there..the day starts at 10 am and work time 6 pm..we work together 2 or 3 people per shift till supper time shift comes in we all do the same work ...
Pros
50 percent of lunched
Cons
On your feet for 8 hours
Fast past, lots of cleaning and never ending
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB3 May 2017
Needs more people working there and needs to have supervisor retrained for work purposes but there are pros in working in a place like because it allows to grow and learn and individual with your community
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours few shifts
Pretty good place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB28 April 2017
Here, we had to come in, count tills, count the delivery float, cut up onions, green peppers, etc, Fold boxes. Make sure everything is clean, check washrooms. Dough was done during the day. Make sure things are stalked for dinner rush. Do more dough. Take deliveries. For closing it was just cleaning all the equipment, dishes, closing down tills, sweeping, mopping, balancing tills, and locking up. I learned that it takes a lot to get things ready for a whole day of pizza making. The prep takes at least 2 hours and you have to really get good at dough because it is easy to mess up. Really easy. Our manager was for sure fantastic. She just about ran that whole place with just her assistant manager. I mean, did even more then the owner!! The hardest part is always the customers. The nasty, mean ones who cant be patient when a huge rush comes and they may need to wait for 10-15 minutes. We certainly aren't out back by water cooler while your order sits unattended, That job was also awesome because of the staff. And of course the added bonus of getting to drive the delivery car. And the tips from delivery driving!
Pros
505 Discount
Cons
Rushes
greco review
Frozu (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 April 2017
my typical day was cashier, taking phone orders and taking the time to change the ice cream.my hardest part of the job was the fast pace environment at first. i have learned how to make pizzas etc.
Fun workplace
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS5 December 2016
Great work environment, always busy, and always doing something which I love in a place of employment. If I did not move for college I would still be working there.
Positive and fun environement
Cashier, kitchen attendant (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB17 February 2016
Management were understanding and fair to all employees. The hardest part of the job was when I had the closing shifts, as we would close at 3am. The most enjoyable was the friendly atmosphere we had created within the team.
Pros
Great Manager
great job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 February 2016
long hours but really fun to work there some days are very slow and there are days you cant keep up with it all the staff is great to work with
Pros
great bosses
busy fast paced business
Kitchen prep/Cashier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 November 2015
not a job that can guarantee hours or a decent wage however staff are friendly. lots of dishes to be washed throughout the entire day.
Pros
half off food
Cons
low wages and low hours
A decent workplace
Greco Pizza (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 May 2015
A typical day at work was cooking pizza and cleaning and dealing with unhappy customers. I learned how to make pizza. the management was alright but not the best. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone happy during a dinner rush. the most enjoyable part of the job was making donair.
Pros
free pizza sometimes
Cons
long hours, rude employees
Always Busy
Food Industry (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB6 March 2015
Greco is a good place to work sometimes the employees aren't always pleasant and some don't always do their job. At greco there's always something to do whether it's taking orders, making order or making sure everything's preped its was never boring
Pros
break when ever the stores not busy and 50% off anything while your working
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS13 February 2014
Provide excellent customer service
Prepare food orders
Take food orders by phone and in person
Operate cash register and debit/credit card terminal
Clean prep station, cooking and eating area
Ensure store is prepped for following shift
Oversee staff
Handle customer complaints
It was a great experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 April 2013
What i learned from this job, that it's hard to please everyone, but you try and do you absolute best to make the costumer satisfied and happy with their order and visit. A typical day at work would be opening the store and start to organize the store a bit, from refilling the prep table and stocking up the pop machines, also putting away any big orders that comes to the store. Also making food for the costumers and having to make dough everyday. My management and co-workers, were awesome, it was like a big family, there was hardly any drama at our store, it was great.