GRECO PIZZA Employee Reviews

Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NL24 June 2019
Good work place, the people there are awesome would totally recommend it for someone, would for sure go back if i lived in newfoundland still, 10/10 review
Slow days with bad management; often ran out of supplies.
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, PE8 April 2019
Management forced me to start closing the store when I was 17. It was humbling to be trusted to do so but I never agreed to being okay with it. Management on hour distributions was awful. The staff basically consisted of me and my two superiors.
productive
DOUGH MAKER (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS30 January 2019
A typical day at Greco would include going in at 9:00-10:00 am and it would open at 11:00 am.
So when you first get there you would turn on all equipment oven, sub toaster, dough proofer, sub bun proofer and oven, then you would take all sub buns out of the freezer because they have to sit for an hour before it can go in the proofer. Then figure out how much pizza dough is left from the day before and how much you need to make. Start mixing the ingredients in the mixings bowl for a batch of dough, figure out what you need to do for food prep and make a list, as well as find out what you need to do for prep in the captain sub prep table. Make sure all bathrooms are cleaned and the front lobby, tables, chairs, floors, and walls. If there is any delayed orders which are ordered ahead of time to schedule for certain times they would like it ready for then we make those and put them in the fridge to get it out of the way. Mostly everyone who worked there were team players and got along pretty good except for a few people. The part that I enjoyed about the job the most is the fact that there was always something to do and that you weren't standing around.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Lack of hours
environement de travaille
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bathurst, NB14 January 2019
le staff est excellant mais je nai pas aimer la facon dont sa fonctionne, les employer ce lamante pour toute
A friendly environment and workplace
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 December 2018
Greco Pizza is good place to work. The managers are always willing to show you how to do something and correct you. It's not always easy. There can be miscommunication in the kitchen, resulting in an incorrect order, or a pizza going to the wrong house. But it's a decent place to work nonetheless.
Pros
Good management, decent breaks
Cons
Would get extremely busy and overwhelming
busy work enviornment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS18 November 2018
my typical day at work would include making pizzas, washing in and preparing the ingredients, taking orders from clients as well as cleaning the restaurant, and washing dishes.
Cons
long hours and no breaks
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 November 2018
This entire chain is eclipsed by poor management. At the location i worked management barely spoke English and gave no direction or training for the job.There are better places to make minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
terrible managment
good talking space
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2018
Typical day at work to me is long but good and everyday i would learn new skills like how to cut pizza the right way. Mangers that work there were helpful after you struggled a lot. Hardest part abot the job was working from 2 pm to 11 pm. My favorite part about it was i made sum friends and got to work with my brother
Pros
free food
Cons
had to work a little to fast
Busy and fun atmosphere to work in
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB11 July 2018
Loved working there. The staff were great when I was there and management is amazing!
Everyone has to have a license to work there as they also deliver. Tips were a great way to not spend pay as well
Cool place
Cook, Server, Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS3 June 2018
nice place to work. need to be cleaner. Good boss, supervisor and co workers. I wish pay was more than minimum wage though, tough work for just 11$ and hour
Unexperinced management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS29 May 2018
It's hard to say what a typical day at Greco was like, as it was a pizza place there were some days where there would be a crazy amount of orders and others completely dead, from this I learned both extremes of customer service as well as using a cash register and computers. As for the management, it was sub par. To be fair this was fairly new and young management so they didn't have much experience, however myself and two peers that were hired alongside me found it difficult to get shifts, not to mention we had little training, overall it felt like management didn't care. the hardest part of the job was finding available times to work as it as the store was a bit over-staffed. one of the most enjoyable parts of the job were talking to customers who were friendly back to me, however the free pizzas as well as a half off discount was probably my favorite part.
Pros
Free pizza and garlic fingers
Cons
Unexperinced management
Great people to work for.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 May 2018
Learned a lot about communication and supervision.Allowed me to gain leadership skills and grow as a person in my years of experience there. Also learned how to deal with customer complaints and how to make them happy.
Health and safety violations
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 January 2018
the hardest part of the job was being told that i shouldnt follow the health and saftey aspects to the job as a diswasher. i was told that they were there to help me but in reality they messed up my employment opptuninty.
Pros
Bar tab
Cons
Health and Safety violations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS26 January 2018
I worked at Greco pizza for a long time. Very rewarding. Easy to advance to a better position. Late hours but worked for me at the time.i would recommend this place.
Productive, great management
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB15 December 2017
Need a bit work on staff, like more team work and not only one person work and the rest watches, need stricter rules about the work we do cause the staff pretty much do what they want and don’t lisen to the supervisors when the boss Inst around giving the supervisor a hard time with time and making orders right. but other then that love the work place .
Pros
Half price on lunch when working
Cons
Not enough team work
Management.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE18 November 2017
There was some issues with the management staffing, they at the time were understaffed which had caused some issues. If they have a full staff it is a wonderful place to work and people are very kind.
Productive and fun workplace
PIZZA MAKER (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 October 2017
Was one of my favourite place to work! Every staff member was very good at keeping each other motivated. They were all friendly, positive and fun to work with.
Terrible place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS29 August 2017
the manager had poor communication skills with team members and did not have a schedule ready in advance. The job itself was amazing, but the manager did not clean or care about the work environment. Team members were expected to work whenever they were called in which was typically 10 to 20 minutes before a shift knowing we lived fairly far away from the store. the manager did not text or call me back and failed to let me know if I had a job or not. The head office of Greco pizza did not help the situation. Still, do not know if I am fired or laid off there was not a warning at all.
Great work environment!
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dalhousie, NB8 August 2017
Great teamwork, flexible hours. Friendly and professional management. A healthy work environment is very important. You want the work to be done, but it's great to be able to have a bit of fun at the same time.
Pros
Discount on meals during our shift. The ability to share ideas and improve customer satisfaction.
Cons
Online orders are a nightmare, customers need guidance, very challenging during peak hours, some specials don't allow the substitution to premium pizzas.
Great place to work boss is great staff is great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalhousie, NB17 May 2017
Love working here the boss is great and so are my Co worker anytime I need off boss gives it we are all very close Co workers there..the day starts at 10 am and work time 6 pm..we work together 2 or 3 people per shift till supper time shift comes in we all do the same work ...
Pros
50 percent of lunched
Cons
On your feet for 8 hours