Greatwest Kenworth Employee Reviews

Coworkers are great, management are spineless.
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB14 August 2018
Working with everyone was awesome, very fun. Couple people get away with way more than they should, but management won’t do anything about it. Could use improvement on training procedures.

Benefits are great, rrsp package, lots of OT.
Employee lunches provided once a month, supper provided during meetings.

No real room for advancement unless you want to put in 5+ years to get a whiff of a stepping stone to move up. Hourly wage is slightly lower than advertised.
Pros
Lots of OT, Always busy, fast paced.
Cons
Some people have bad attitudes and management does nothing to correct it.
Body shop lead hand is a hoot
Ex bodyman (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 March 2018
Worked for these guys on and off. Overall it's a great place. Good employees good management always a great welcome even when I moved on. Great bodyshop safe and clean.
Pros
People
Cons
Fast paced all the time
Technician/ night shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB9 February 2016
Good place to work. Should have stayed there. Had some real good co-workers. learned lots on the products supported, however more training would have been nice.
Pros
Good salary and benifits
Cons
A few bad apples. Weak Communication
Productive and good place to work
1st Year Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2015
Started early in the day, most of the day consisted of diagnosing problems with trucks then completing a repair. During my time at Greatwest Kenworth I learned a lot of new skills that i can use in everyday life, and in the work place. My co-workers were very helpful, and easy to get a long with. To me there was no "hardest part" of there job as it was all along the same level. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the hard work we put into the trucks pay off as they leave the shop.
Great atmosphere and wonderful people
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2014
Greatwest Kenworth has been one of the best employers I've had the pleasure of working for. The staff was great, the customers were great, and the work ethic by everyone was wonderful. Had I not decided to go to school, I strongly believe they would have provided me with every opportunity to advance. I miss them all the time.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, opportunity, recognition
Cons
None.
Great Staff
o Executive Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2014
The staff here is great and really add a lot to the reason I want to come to work everyday. Everyone is pretty cooperative and friendly. I have learned a lot about the heavy duty trucking industry and what is needed to keep a large dealership running. My job is quite random but it keeps life interesting! It's great getting to know about every department we have.
Pros
The benefits are great! But the best part is definitely the people.
Cons
Wages are slightly below average

Want to know more about Greatwest Kenworth?

Ask a question