Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Happiness score is 75 out of 100

Greater Toronto Airports Authority Employee Reviews

Canada75 reviews

airportenvironmentlonglotexperiencehourteampeople

great bunch of people working together as a team!

I really enjoyed my job at GTAA!My fellow employees were all working together, as a team! If you were the last bus in , whoever was there would help clean your bus, and get you on your way. Christmas and New Years, staff were supplied with a beautiful, gourmet meal!Can't say enough about the mutual respect amongst all staff members, including upper management!I really enjoyed my position there.

Pros

great pay, respectful management, happy atmosphere

Cons

required vaccine, to be considered for employment. I feel confident in my own medical decisions.

Was good place to work

Dealing with people was hardBut you can't keep your job forever Every 6 months you have to go go for interviews selection And not everyone would get lucky to keep the job

Insights into Greater Toronto Airports Authority

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Surveying project

Surveying for a special project. Needed to be quick and observant to take times and notes about traffic outside of terminals. Very fast paced, on your feet for long hours.

This was a voluntary placement I did

It's a fun environment to work at with a great management team who is always oblige to help you. It came with some benefits at the airport bit overall it was a great experience.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Distance to workplace

Great place to work. Management always has your best interests. You can always talk with Management if you got any ideas for a safe environment.

Great place to work. I clear snow in many different types of machines. You get lots of training in class. About a month just in getting your DA. Shift work is 12 hours.

Pros

Great pay and management Knowing you make your own work journey

Cons

To much gossip

Great place to work.

Enjoyed all the people I worked with and never had an issue with management. The pay and benefits are better than most organizations, and taking time off for appointments was never an issue.

Pros

Clean, enjoyable environment.

Cons

None come to mind..

Could do a lot worse

Shift work isn't for everyone. Long days and nights. Management does the bare minimum. Nobody ever seems to be on the same page about anything. Health and safety culture is old-school at best. Training falls way short of any reasonable expectations. A "not-my-job" kind of place. If you can endure all of that (and more), it's a pretty cool place to work.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Too many to list

Workplace with a Singular Mission

The GTAA is geared entirely to providing a safe and reliable air gateway for the GTAA. This means that employees, both within the GTAA and at the airport overall, must work together closely.

Pros

Great people and atmosphere, true team players, many employee activities

Cons

Sometimes changing schedules, depending on work requirements

Productive and a Fun place to work

The IT PMO encourages all to be self motivated and results oriented. The team enables a healthy learning environment for all levels/ types of roles. The GTAA direction to outsource contributed greatly to the downfall of the IT PMO during 2018 - present.

Pros

Room for growth and learning

Cons

The GTAA Outsourcing Partners don't hire from outside or Canadian Citizens.

Surely things have improved

My tenure was almost 10 years ago. Management within my department was lacking in people skills to say the least! A lot of harassment directed towards the female employees. Personal agendas were rife and clearly people were unhappy in their roles.I liked my coworkers and the work was not what I would call too difficult, plus there was a good variety of the types of projects (software, hardware, facilities).I would work there again, pending a review of the current culture/middle management

Pros

Colleagues were skilled and collaborative

Cons

Middle management behaved liked spoiled children

Advisor

Great place to be associated with one of the largest airports in Canada. You feel that you are making a difference when you see passengers come in through that door.Constant reorganization leads to frustration, you can be put in the same position that you were hired into. Leaders don't help in looking for solutions, they let the teams get into conflict.

Cons

Politics and unhealthy environment

Excellent place to work and grow and provides opportunities for advancement. Salary, benefits and work environment are some of the best in the industry.

interesting place to work, challenging once covid hit

An enjoyable place to work with good people. Once Covid hit, situation changed as business income dried up. Lean times ahead until aviation sector recovers (3-5 years).

Pros

people and culture

Cons

after hours work

Productive and fun work place

EVERYTHING IS GREAT HERE, my manager is a great person who sis helpful anytime you need his help, he is knowledgeable , town hall is also fun, you can learn a lot from the presentation inside department or outside guest, and the fun part activities makes you enjoy, union is also good.

I hoped to put 25 to 30 years if it wasn’t for the virus

A great place to work, never filled out so much paperwork in my life. They invest a great amount of time and training for the job. Felt very welcome and included.

Pros

Great pay, Benifits

Cons

Intensive background check that took forever. But it is for national safety.

Productive and dynamic workplace

Productive and dynamic workplace with a great team of professionals. I had opportunity to work on multiple projects with different business groups. I liked positive and healthy work environment.

Old culture trying to live in current times

Culture is not reflective of what they attempt to present. It still in many aspects is an "Old School" culture and very slow to change. Difficult to get much done as everyone is "too busy" all the time. For change to occur usually happens when there are external factors influencing the change. Prior leadership spent a lot of time attaining rewards and getting press coverage, rather than living the change.

No comments

I enjoyed working at that company even though it was sad to leave the company with no good explanation. I don't like it at all as I was given a high remark one week for my high performance in budgeting and planning and all of sudden, I was told to leave after my baby was gone due to no heartbeat.

Lost and Found department is a fabulous place to work!

Customer service is a great job at Toronto Pearson -I enjoy assisting passengers with their complaints and resolving them so that they feel that someone cares and will come back!

Slow and political

Few good people and many incompetent people in all departments.. insecurity is very high and lots of contract employees to make sure, a few are secured and to eliminate competition.

Great Place to work

Amazing team, amazing management, but a little bit slow paced for me. Can't say anything bad, really greatfull for the time i spend here and for the people i met here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Toronto Airports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement