Greater Toronto Airports Authority Employee Reviews

good people
Facility Activation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
I would work here again given the opportunity, I really enjoyed the air side operations aspect of the job. Interacting with all of the various moving parts was interesting.
Pros
air side operations
Cons
some management
Excellent people to work with.
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 August 2018
The people you work with are next to none. Very supportive environment. Working at the airport can be stressful, due to the sensiitve environment. Overall great experience.
Intern
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 July 2018
I was an intern. They treated me well. I took complaints from local residents, I conducted daily data entry. I made graphs and worked with excel and attended meetings.
Fun place to work - in the right team
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 July 2018
There are a lot of great things about working at GTAA, IF you're under the right management.
There is a lot of bureaucracy and "check the box" mentality.
The people are (mostly) all great, there are a few bad apples in every bushel.
Pros
Employee Engagement
Cons
Unionized Environment
Exciting workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 November 2017
Great company to work for.

Very excited to be part of Canada's largest airport and support the 35 million or more passengers a year that need dedicated support from all GTAA staff.
Dymanic workplace
Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
GTAA is a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
There is a variety of work available and a lot can be learned from working at the airport. It's a fun place to work.
Political nightmare
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Working here is one political and poorly made decision after another. Money wasted. Uninformed and inappropriate people making decisions. Systems, processes and a board of directors that bind your hands to do your job properly. Priorities are screwed up. Top down management style in the extreme.
Pros
Great co-workers and lower level managers
Cons
Disorganized senior management that lacks any strategic direction
Exciting place to work; learn something new every day
Executive Assistant to the Board (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
People are fun, enjoy what they do, are passionate about the Airport and providing its passengers with a great experience. Toronto Pearson is growing by leaps and bounds, and everyone works hard to keep up with all of the changes.
Pros
Interesting, unique business.
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
typical day
Specialist deicing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
i typical start with circle check of truck and service the vehicle and stand by for any aircraft to come for de icing. management is good and supportive the only drawback of the job is, its a seasonal job,
Nice people
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2016
The people were nice and you were not micro managed. You did your work and were recognized if you stayed back to finish a project. Room to move to different departments.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Use of your own vehicle to get around the airport to do your job.
Highly Mismanaged!
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 November 2016
Great workplace! Couldn't get any worse for management. Incompetent people managing airport. Buddy system for advancement not knowledge. CEO should get involved to fix this problem.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Horrible schedules
Great People top down leadership style
Director Airport Business Development (Former Employee) –  Administration Building10 August 2016
Very exciting environment, great people both within the company and at airlines and other companies using the airport.
Pros
exciting, dynamic environment
Management Trust
Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2016
My Senior Manager will trust that you will accomplish all tasks and responsibilities that are being asked of you. If not the onus is on your. There is no black and white - only full communication and trust.
I would love to have everyone experience a Manager like mine.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Commute
Ample training programs and opportunities for advancement
CAD System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario1 February 2016
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority is a company that provides a work environment that is beneificial to employees both in the learning experience and opportunities for advancement. I was able to advance from a CAD Technician to the Adminstrator of the Mapping and CAD Document management system. They believe in providing training to their employees to keep them on the leading edge of technology.
As with most other jobs in this industry there are peak times that require long work hours. Management is exemplary in rewarding employees for their hard work.
The challenges that this environment provides are many and varied and it is rewarding to meet these challenges with success.
Exciting and evolving work environment
AVIATION OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  YYZ-Pearson International Airport6 December 2015
Rotational 12 hour shifts, supervising over 350+ employees working in multiple departments.
Co-worker are competent, hard-working, and professional.
Work develops and sharpens multi-tasking skills to an acute degree.
GTAA is a great employer and I fully recommended for a secured employment.
Conveyance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pearson Airport, Toronto, ON21 November 2015
I really enjoyed my employment, their professional environment and have a great deal for job advancement and security.
Pros
Applicable allowances for working on weekends, night shifts and daily overtime after the regular 8 hours.
Cons
Frequent shift work schedules.
Airport Authority
Manager Health, Safety & Training (Current Employee) –  Aviation Services16 October 2015
Greater Toronto Airport Authority is accountable to ensure all aviation traffic has safe passage into and out of Toronto's Pearson International Airport. The GTAA looks after all airside and groundside maintenance as well as the terminals and infrastructure.
Pros
Large company
Cons
long commute to work
Dynamite! Working for Toronto Pearson - GTAA was a blast.
Coordinator of First Impressions (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2015
I loved the exposure to so many facets of the operations within Toronto Pearson that were affiliated with Toronto Pearson and the GTAA. I learned to work on 2 phones at the same time, to check visitors in - take their photo and put their data into the security database, and to act as a security 'point' within the GTAA - if you didn't have clearance, you could not go into the administrative building. I learned to manage the calendar for 35 boardrooms and how to avoid conflicts in the calendar, at all costs.

Management was demanding but fair and had a vision for Toronto Pearson, that you couldn't help but have a good feeling about. Everyone was proud of where they worked and were striving towards the same objectives.

The hardest part of the job was when someone did not want to respect the security procedures in place. I had to be the 'enforcer.' But I learned to do this in a firm, yet diplomatic way.

Co-workers were helpful and supportive. We really worked as a team in corporate services, yet we could have some laughs, along the way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was really feeling a part of it all! As the Coordinator of First Impressions, what I did and how I acted, automatically reflected on Toronto Pearson - GTAA. We received so many different visitors each day from the RCMP to the President and Executive of Helsinki Airport. I felt very important!
Pros
Team collaboration, common mission, connection to travel and a diverse guest list.
Cons
Long commute of 3 hours each day.
Accounts Payable - Cheque Processing (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2014
Good Place to work.

Great people and work environment and very fast paced
Manager was very encouraging and supportive, excellent work environment that made me feel like part of a family
AVOP/Airside Safety Clerk (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga6 April 2014
A typical day at work were data entry of traffic infraction at the airport, issue demerit letters and suspension letters according to the drivers demerit history.

I learned how it was to work in a large company with multiple departments. I also learned about the aviation industry. I learned how programs were developed and the different stages of user testing and feedback when I was involved in the development of the RAPS+ program. I also learned how to train, test and supervise when I trained my department how to use RAPS+ and while supervising the AVOP exams.

Management and co-op workers were excellent. Everyday I was excited to go to work.
Pros
Lots of freedom from manager, allowed me to manage my own time at work.
Cons
co-op position, manager was not successful in negotiate and hire me as a full time employee