Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara Employee Reviews

Guest services
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  NIAGARA9 May 2019
Run!
Find something else
Did not give full time hours and benefits as discussed interview
Can not live on the minimal hours
Air qualifying is poor , humid hot in summer cold to n wint
Discounted and free stayovers not happen
It would be nice to be recognized for great customer service
Cons
Company does not keep promises
A fun place to work with great perks
Pack Member (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 January 2019
Great Wolf Lodge is a wonderful place to work. They provide great uniforms, a thorough training program, and it's busy all year. A few of the perks they offer are; monthly lunches, FREE waterpark passes, a holiday party & family swim days. In addition staff receive discounts on rooms, food/beverage, spa & retail/attractions. The Lodge is busy year round providing lots of work and no lays offs. There are often opportunities to pick up additional shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting guests and helping them create memories. In addition I have learned a lot and met/worked alongside some great people.
Pros
staff perks/busy all year
Look elsewhere unless youre desperate.
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 November 2018
Regardless of what this place says, they dont care about the well-being of their employees. They tend to over work everyone and take advantage of them just to save on labour.... Penny pinching has to be the number one thing this place does well. Everything gets cleaned with ozone water, which is unacceptable seeing how it's a resort made for children, and you know messy they can be. When you want to buy a beverage on your break you have to bring your own cup, or else they refuse to sell you one. Management doesnt help out where needed and will take the easiest role instead of doing whats best for the company.

Bottom Line: If you dont value your life and need to find a job in a pinch, this place is for you. Or you know, you could always work for mcdonalds. At least you can have a drink there....
Pros
Flexible around your schedule.
Great place to work and learn while making it all about memories
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 November 2018
Fantastic staff
Management is always there to help and provide the best encouragement.
Loved working for GWL.
I had some health issues that I needed to attend to so my employment was terminated.
On my part.
But thanks met great people and had so many experiences being part of the wolf pack.
Pros
Water park passes, seeing families creating memories that you help to create
awful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 October 2018
horrible managemant. Unprofessional in all shapes and forms. this location needs an entire managemant switch over, clean house. its amazing it can still survive financially.
Pros
Cons
managemant
It was okay
Slide Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 September 2018
Decent, I found that the slide attendants didn't really have any chance to progress within the company, plus the shifts felt very long and boring. All in all it waas an okay first job, but i wouldnt wanna work there again
Pros
burn lots of calories
Cons
Minimum wage, boring
Tips are the only good part of the job
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 September 2018
Terrible work culture, terrible management. Experienced co-workers that antagonize and bully other staff members. Management will pretend to care, but will do nothing about it, especially if the staff doing wrong has been with the company for a long time. Scheduling was a nightmare, as with any place with shift work. Would book days off and half the time you won't get them, even if you give them a few weeks notice. Only positive of this job is that you get tips in most departments, but other than that it is best to look elsewhere for employment.
Employment Review
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara Falls13 April 2018
Great Wolf Lodge has been great since they offer year-round employment. The added perk of being able to take my family to the waterpark is something we love!
They hold their pack members to a high expectation, which pushes me to do my job to the best of my ability each day and has allowed for advancement within the company.
Pros
waterpark passes, year round employment, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara12 April 2018
Great Wolf Lodge is a great company to work for. They have an ever-changing environment and ever-changing guests that allows for a lot of training opportunities within the company!

I have learned a great deal working here such as everyday values, becoming more sustainable as an individual and team-oriented as a worker. I love meeting new people on a daily basis.

Great Wolf Lodge offers many opportunities for both full-time and part-time pack members. We get waterpark day passes for our immediate family, bowling, arcade, mini golf passes as well as Ripley's attraction tickets. We have numerous celebrations throughout the year.

With consistently high occupancy levels, Great Wolf Lodge has a lot of hours to offer to its pack members.
Pros
Waterpark passes, Arcade credits, Bowling, Mini golf passes
Great place to work!!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 April 2018
GWL is a great place to work! If your looking for guaranteed hours, the opportunity for full time benifits and a place where the company treats you like family then GWL is the place for you. I've made life long friends working here! Everyday is a new adventure and I actually look forward to going to work! I definitely recommend working here.
Awesome place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Great wolf Niagara Falls.5 April 2018
GWL is an awesome place to work. The staff are friendly and always willing to help you. The lodge always has activities planned for the staff. Whether it’s a lunch or an end of summer BBQ they definitely want to create a rewarding and fun environment.

They offer discounts on everything from a cup of coffee to a spa treatment. Also unlike other hotels in Niagara Falls you get steady hours all through the year.
Pros
Discounts free water park passes.
Amazing work environment, not enough staff
MagiQuest Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 April 2018
The work environment and people at GWL are amazing and fun. It is awesome being in the environment and working with such incredible people. However, MagiQuest is under staffed and there are not enough people for as many shifts that there are. I also noticed that there isn’t an add for Retail/MagiQuest up on this website, that might be a good idea.
Pros
Great people and work environment
Cons
Too many shifts
Great Place to Work if you have strong work ethic!!
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 March 2018
I am a recent at GWL and I can say with 100% honesty it is a tough place to work at but the pros outweigh the cons.

- you can pick up a lot of shifts and managers will call you if youre willing to take hours and be flexible

- I was trained by two really amazing people who have a lot of joy and passion for their jobs and their work ethic has rubbed off on me so I try to emulate them every shift I work

- A lot of the people you work with are amazing people and you should get to know them and you can make a lot of new friends

- Supervisors are understanding if youre going through a hard time personally, are feeling sick or need help

- theres always someone there who can help you learn something on the job or if you know some parts theyll give you a refresher on the rest

- you get discounts on coffee, food, rooms, various discounted tickets for events, and clothing

- GWL is always hosting lunches or parties for various charities and give back in the community (the food is always good too)

- you can get day passes to the waterpark PLUS
2 hour arcade playing passes FOR FREE!!!
You just have to sign up in HR
AGAIN ITS FREE you can bring 3 people with you or your family and ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

- The uniform isnt bad to wear and you can alter the shirt to fit you best

- There is a very good training system in place so you can learn lots of different stations quickly and still feel confident in knowing what youre doing

- Although there are high service standards it is to be expected when youre in the tourist industry and working in a resort where
  more... there is such a high volume of people visiting everyday so be prepared to work when you arrive and wear comfortable shoes!
Thats a must.

- Many people work for minimim wage but the company rewards hard workers well
Pros
Great discounts and job security
Cons
Must have good work ethic to last here / a lot of people work for minimum wage
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 February 2018
Toxic environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 January 2018
Had anxiety working at this place. Staff and management were unfriendly, and was made to feel stupid when asking questions. If I ever called/emailed to ask a question, no one would bother getting back to me.
Pros
Gratuities
Cons
Long hours, unfriendly staff, stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 January 2018
decent place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 December 2017
Management is not a strong suit at this place of business. Uncomfortable uniforms, which are different for plus sized employees. Seems very unfair. Strange culture. Very segregated departments.
Year Round Employment Available
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 September 2017
The Lodge has a unique atmosphere as it caters to children and families that our typically celebrating something special. Its an honor to join the guests in their celebrations.

Choosing to work at the lodge was a great decision for me. I have gained amazing skills and knowledge, not to mention confidence in dealing with the public.

The wages and benefits are competitive with the industry but the best part is that it is year round employment. There are many perks for pack members including free use of the waterpark for their family and discounted room nights and merchandise.

If you are passionate about hospitality this is the place to work in Niagara, the Lodge has everything you need to enjoy a rewarding career.
Pros
complimentary use of the Lodge for my family
Cons
Very busy = job security
I so wanted to like it here
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 August 2017
I moved here, after being a guest at this place 8 times in less than that many years so I was grateful and excited to work here.

I worked Retail, and while I enjoyed the guest experience, loved doing what I did, whether it was stuffing bears, filling stations but it was so disappointing that it is based on hierarchy not experience or the fact that you are better at customer service than those who are there from the time it opened based on that they have job security and you don't.

Breaks start the minute you leave your register, go through the busy lobby and down three flights of stairs into a dark damp basement to eat. Again disappointed to find that the food in the vending sounds good because it's lodge food but it is not maintained proper at all. You barely get a break before you have to go back.

The other problem I had was being told false information, if I was told I would be working every night and every weekend compared to being told by HR, hired days and a couple of nights would of been one thing but I went here based on HR.

I loved this place as a guest, but as an employee, knowing what they have us pay as a guest, I expect the GM to treat all staff proper.

My final straw was, I was the only one with young kids on Christmas Morning, a lady from MagiQuest said she would work my shift to spend the time with my family so it wouldn't be necessary for me to go in. I was so grateful till I was told by the one sub Manager. no, I need to take my turn.

How a family place can not treat their employees family like a guest is meaning you are just a number,
  more... replaceable.  less
Pros
It's Great Wolf lodge, atmosphere from Guests are great
Cons
Management as always
Do not work here
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 April 2017
Worked here as a lifeguard for over a year, the worst job i have ever had. Bad conditions, short breaks, and your're normally walking for your entire shift. Pay is also much less than it is at city pools. Extremely difficult to get time offf and managers are not very accomedating. Do not recommend, there are much better places to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9