Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara

Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
guest interaction amazing
interacting with guests was amazing however almost all of the management was not very helpful when it came to problems (HR complaints) multiple times in enformed management about bullying in our department and little to no action was taken to solve the problem.

they also will not give you a reference for working for them so good luck finding another job.
Secure work and good people
Goid place to work and the people are Awsome to work with. Far wages Ac nd employee benefits. Uniforms supplied and perks are good. An employee lunch room and food vending machines make lunch breaks easy.
Not the best to work for
Management seems to be very judgemental, they like to pick favourites or so it seemed. Accommodations that I had requested during my interview were never given to me, that led to me being let go seeing as without the accommodations it was almost impossible to do my job
great place full of lovely people
i’ve worked in aquatics for around 3 years now, started as a WPA and worked my way up to an NLS guard. coworkers are amazing and it’s all in all great
Excellent
It's a great place to work. The people are caring and fun, the training is excellent. There is ample opportunity for advancement and it is very team oriented.
Friendly group of people to work with and guests love the place.
Fun, lots of hours, friendly group of people to work with, guests love Great Wolf Lodge, which makes for better working conditions. People appear to care.
Great people, great perks
Would recommend to friends. Great perks; discounts on rooms, free lunches and celebration. Great Christmas party every year for everyone and only a $5 donation. Always giving back to the community and helping out locally. Easy to find parking (free).
Fun place with giant waterpark !
I've been at GWL Niagara for over a decade and find it to be rewarding and exciting. The people are excellent to work with and management is very supportive.
The managers weren’t the best. But the workers are great. Food is amazing. Waterpark is fun
The place it’s self is great. The people are great except for the management team. I learnt many things from them and hope to use the corrections they gave me in my future jobs
Do not work here
Horrible work environment!
Unprofessional upper management.

Don’t value their employees at all.

Hated my life while I worked their.

Would not recommend to ANYONE.

Don’t work here.
Great fun place to work!
I have been at GWL for almost 3 years in the housekeeping department and it is a great place to work. The work is hard! But my management team is so fun. They are fair, they do what they can for you and they are helpful, The pay is very decent for the industry in this area, the have different pay levels, the longer you work with no issues the more you make and benefits can be earned fairly easily within 1 year. There are lots of perks, cheap rooms, waterpark passes, appreciation lunches and appreciation days and an award program for a job well done!
Most of the other employees are great as well. We help each and they are kind...of course there is always a bad egg here and there but if I have had issues in the past, they are quickly rectified.

Honestly if someone has posted something nasty about this employer....it's prolly because they were fired.
Terrible
Started off ok for a student job ..however management needs some
Training . Lots of bullying from senior staff(one particular waitress who’s

Been their long enough and in my opinion is hostile) In order to create culture and good work environment you need know how to treat staff and colleagues.

Being Told by a waitress who is not a manager to do one of many duties

Is not acceptable. Learn to work as a team and have respect for each

And every colleague.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Staff
Not worth it
Super poorly run. I was given random 4 hour shifts during the week with no consistency, and would be told by management multiple times to stay later at the last minute. Not asked, told. They have no respect for their employees and expect lots in return.

during your shift, you are often required to do more crowd control/customer service/cleaning than I was under the impression of, and that definitely isn't worth the minimum wage.

After requesting a cut on my hours after starting a new job, I was given the majority of shifts on the new schedule.

When trying to switch shifts with a coworker, management was contacted by both parties (in person and by email) multiple times regarding the switch. I was finally able to get approval the day before, when I was told I "should've asked days ago".

Every supervisor is different as well. It is very stressful to remember how to act in front of each, and how to follow procedures in the way they approve, as there are so many different ways. It is very inconsistent and unprofessional.

It was great working with the kids and being able to brighten someone's day. I loved being able to interact with guests.
Pros
Free waterpark passes and discounts, guest interaction
Cons
Hours, inconsistent management
Amazing Place to Work
I have never worked with a more caring and kind group of people. All the management and staff are friendly and helpful, and from day one as a new pack member I always felt welcomed.
The management in my department have done an amazing job teaching me new skills and working alongside me to understand various aspects of the job.

Being in tourism there is a lot going on, with guests constantly walking around and needing help, it does take a lot and requires an all day smile, however, you won't be able to stop smiling when you see the kids and parents beyond excited about their stay.

GWL also provides amazing perks from free waterpark passes, to discounted stays, ripleys passes, and free pack member lunches!
Pros
discounted stays, friendly staff, job security, always something to do
Great Place to Work
Very supportive environment to work in and constant encouragement from management. I enjoy the engagement with families and it is a fun place to work.
Pros
free uniforms, free parking, referral bonuses
Dont work here.
Mentally unhealthy place to work.
Toxic senior staff.

Unprofessional management.

Poor training.

You are told by HR that there are benefit but you will only get them if you are permanent staff.
Guest services
Run!
Find something else

Did not give full time hours and benefits as discussed interview

Can not live on the minimal hours

Air qualifying is poor , humid hot in summer cold to n wint

Discounted and free stayovers not happen

It would be nice to be recognized for great customer service
Cons
Company does not keep promises
A fun place to work with great perks
Great Wolf Lodge is a wonderful place to work. They provide great uniforms, a thorough training program, and it's busy all year. A few of the perks they offer are; monthly lunches, FREE waterpark passes, a holiday party & family swim days. In addition staff receive discounts on rooms, food/beverage, spa & retail/attractions. The Lodge is busy year round providing lots of work and no lays offs. There are often opportunities to pick up additional shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting guests and helping them create memories. In addition I have learned a lot and met/worked alongside some great people.
Pros
staff perks/busy all year
Look elsewhere unless youre desperate.
Regardless of what this place says, they dont care about the well-being of their employees. They tend to over work everyone and take advantage of them just to save on labour.... Penny pinching has to be the number one thing this place does well. Everything gets cleaned with ozone water, which is unacceptable seeing how it's a resort made for children, and you know messy they can be. When you want to buy a beverage on your break you have to bring your own cup, or else they refuse to sell you one. Management doesnt help out where needed and will take the easiest role instead of doing whats best for the company.

Bottom Line: If you dont value your life and need to find a job in a pinch, this place is for you. Or you know, you could always work for mcdonalds. At least you can have a drink there....
Pros
Flexible around your schedule.
Fun place to work however very unorganized
I worked at GWL for some time, at first it was a decent work place however over time it became DREADFUL! Management is very unprofessional. I watched them mistreat employees for no vaild reason what so ever which eventually resulted in me resigning. Always under staffed and there was maybe 2-3 on a good month, yes month who would pick up a shift. Do not work here!!
Pros
fun
Cons
minimum wage, high amount of work
Great place to work and learn while making it all about memories
Fantastic staff
Management is always there to help and provide the best encouragement.

Loved working for GWL.

I had some health issues that I needed to attend to so my employment was terminated.

On my part.

But thanks met great people and had so many experiences being part of the wolf pack.
Pros
Water park passes, seeing families creating memories that you help to create
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9