Great West Employee Review

Very stifling and poor work conditions
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 February 2014
Considering this is an insurance company the employee benefits package is very basic, whilst it markets work life balance it's flextime program is far from flexible, expect a lot of productivity controls if you work here, expect to have more work than you can realistically achieve, expect to sit at your cubicle and work long hours without recognition. There is little opportunity for advancement, education is not supported or promoted, co workers will police your time of arrival, departure, breaks, personal calls, etc in an effort to curry favour with management that provides inconsistent feedback, poor support, and poor communication.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Long hours, poor benefits, stifling atmosphere, regimented hours, too much work

Other Great West Employee Reviews

High pressure, fast-paced environment, high expectations from management
Group Health and Dental (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2018
Poor work life balance. Unrealistic targets and expectations set on their employees. Unmanageable work volume. Lack of support from management. You are expected to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines without additional work time given.
Pros
Fitness center
Cons
High stress environment
Would give this 0 stars if I could
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick16 April 2018
I have had 4 managers in the past 10 months due to transformation. None of them care about my performance. If I make a mistake I am just told I messed up - not given help or resources to develop and learn and grow, despite asking for this. I am not asked about what happened, and if there are factors that are unknown. Employees are the last priority, behind customers, clients, advisors, and everyone else. I’ve never been treated like this in my career. I was barely trained, then left to my own devices. I can’t believe this is a multi billion dollar company.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.