Great West Employee Review

What I liked at GWL
Pl. Fin. (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc6 May 2014
I worked from home and met clients in their home or work place; so, I did not have co-workers per say,
Staff was very kind and always willing to help.
What I learned was external to the company on the most part.
Most enjoyable was the flexibility to work when, where, and with whom I wanted, and to make the income I determined every year.
Pros
Flexibility, no limits on income, ownership of clientele, freedom to work with every financial institution.
Cons
Lack of integrity and transparency

Other Great West Employee Reviews

High pressure, fast-paced environment, high expectations from management
Group Health and Dental (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2018
Poor work life balance. Unrealistic targets and expectations set on their employees. Unmanageable work volume. Lack of support from management. You are expected to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines without additional work time given.
Pros
Fitness center
Cons
High stress environment
Would give this 0 stars if I could
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick16 April 2018
I have had 4 managers in the past 10 months due to transformation. None of them care about my performance. If I make a mistake I am just told I messed up - not given help or resources to develop and learn and grow, despite asking for this. I am not asked about what happened, and if there are factors that are unknown. Employees are the last priority, behind customers, clients, advisors, and everyone else. I’ve never been treated like this in my career. I was barely trained, then left to my own devices. I can’t believe this is a multi billion dollar company.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.