Great West Equipment

Canada15 reviews

Clear
4.3Pay & benefits

Love My Job

I love working for GWE and actually enjoy coming in to work Mon-Fri. I work with a fantastic group of people that feel like family. Even on stressful and busy days, there is still lots of laughter and comradery. It can be fast paced with some long hours (especially around month-end), but the fun atmosphere makes up for it. All branches are different, but I love my Nanaimo team.

Pros

Great atmosphere, competitive wages, good benefits, management cares about the well-being of staff

Poor communication, poor management

Nobody is on the same page and internally each department argues. Can’t progress or move forward. Super unorganized. Stuck in old ways. Was told benifits would kick in after 3 months. Had to wait two months longer for whatever reason. Was lied to. Job description wasn’t what was told.

Pros

Some great people!

Insights into Great West Equipment

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great people, Poor management.

Great company with a lot of culture. HR is exclusive for executives, not the employees. Middle management is very poor quality, and lacks skill. Upper management very petty. Excessive swearing leading a poor work environment.Stress not worth salary.

Pros

Staff bbq’s increase moral and distract workers from poor managements

Cons

Long hours. Poor management. Hostile workplace.

lot's of earning potential in our area for csr

lot's of territory to cover with minimal companies in most of the region, besides Kitimat, customers don't call csr direct because they are used to calling the office and talking directly to the parts people, which is fine as long as the company realizes that you are out there doing your part. can be long hours, some travel on sundays to be in the area that your to work in.

Pros

paid expenses, good benefits

Cons

lot's to know and learn, huge territory, lot's of travel, lot's of time away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement