Great West Equipment

Great West Equipment Culture reviews

Canada15 reviews

Clear

Love My Job

I love working for GWE and actually enjoy coming in to work Mon-Fri. I work with a fantastic group of people that feel like family. Even on stressful and busy days, there is still lots of laughter and comradery. It can be fast paced with some long hours (especially around month-end), but the fun atmosphere makes up for it. All branches are different, but I love my Nanaimo team.

Pros

Great atmosphere, competitive wages, good benefits, management cares about the well-being of staff

Great Place to Work

Great place to work. Been here over 10 years and have loved every minute of it. Caring employers who are local. Doors are always open. Treated well and paid well.

Pros

Caring Employers

Insights into Great West Equipment

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great people, Poor management.

Great company with a lot of culture. HR is exclusive for executives, not the employees. Middle management is very poor quality, and lacks skill. Upper management very petty. Excessive swearing leading a poor work environment.Stress not worth salary.

Pros

Staff bbq’s increase moral and distract workers from poor managements

Cons

Long hours. Poor management. Hostile workplace.

Productive workplace, great atmosphere

I loved going to work at great west, the team was great and I had the opportunity to learn from highly skilled professionals. They always kept us busy, while keeping a close watch on our needs as workers. No two jobs were identical so boredom was never an option, always growing and learning.

Pros

Great Pay

Great staff to work with

Family type of business, everyone works together. I learned a lot from both the mechanics and frontend staff, management was helpful on paperwork and giving work orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement