Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
Great
Great Northern Insulation: Well organized, great people to work with. The best part of the job is that no matter how hard the job is you still have time/life after work.
do not work here if you are looking for steady employment.
management is lost. No sense of direction. They lie to your face constantly and nothing comes of the empty promises. Managers are like children and play games and talk about every one behind thier back. No job security if one of the "clique" do no not like you. Word to the wise, avoid this company.
Long Term Opportunity
I have been working at GNI since 2013. They recognize good work ethic and will support your development if you show them your skilled and committed. They have guided me to find my long term career in the insulation industry and there is no other company that I would work for in this trade. Paid travel, overtime and benefits are the most basic advantages this company has over its competitors. Good people, fair compensation, and a work/life balance that works for me and my family is what gives me the confidence that Im making the right decision to work here as my full time career.
Excellent place to work
I find Great Northern a fantastic place to work. The job sites are constantly changing so you don't get bored, There are alot of courses you can take to further your knowledge, Management is very fair when it comes to family life and time off, Great group of employees that get along with each other for the most part. The pay is good and advancement is there if your willing to work for it. I've been working at GNI for 10 years and find it an excellent career.
Great place to work!
You can pick up the feel for the job rather quickly but still can be challenging at times (in a good way). Management is great - hours are always available but they are understanding and flexible with you. Overall great workplace, would recommend!
Workplace review
There are easy days and hard days like most other jobs sometimes you are just insulating walls other days you are crawling in attics. The overall atmosphere in the workplace is pretty good most the guys get along very well you get the odd one come around once in a while with a bad attitude but they usually don't last long.
Great company to start a career
I have been employed for 5 years and have enjoyed the challenge and the team atmosphere ever since. I am glad I had the opportunity to join GNI and have not looked back since.
Job is not to bad.
Good place to work with not bad pay for the work you do. Hot in the summer and nice in the cooler seasons. overall the job is not to bad. Good if you enjoy physical work.
Easy going boss, good work/home balance, room for advancement, overtime available, good work environment, coworkers are also easy to get along with. Decent pay.
Review
Good people to work with management is friendly and helpful equipment works well and in good condition and I have no complaints about working at gni thanks
Great place to work!
Great northern insulation has always been a great employer to me as well as my co workers. I learned a number of different skills throughout the term of my employment. I work with a number of great people and I am lucky to have a such a great manager to report to and as well as just talk to when need be. I’ve never felt out of place, only more and more useful each day. The are very health and safety conscious and would not discriminate against you for refusing any sort of unsafe work if you had to. The pay is fair I cannot complain. Great place to work!
Good company
Great group of people to work with and good company to spray foam for, good adventures everyday going through muskoka and all over Ontario, wages were good and safety is a big thing
great pay and work with good people but job security, well there is none
Great Northern is a place where you can make good money and make enough for a good living. However the chance of advancement is very low. Employees most likely wont become management or supervisor, they tend to hire those positions to new people.
Awful company
Terrible workplace, first of all, I was personally put in temporary lay-off with guarantee to come back after a few weeks. No record of employment submitted by GNI until 6 weeks after my lay off, HR is a joke to get ahold of to solve a matter like that, leadership at my branch was awful, and after going to check back at my branch 2 MONTHS later about my job I come to find out my old boss is no longer with the company and failed to mention to management I was on a temporary layoff, go to see if there’s a possibly a chance I can go back to work and somehow there’s no space for me to be there, which is funny due to the fact there were at least 6 new vehicles outside the branch from new employees, absolutely terrible job security, and yes your hard work and extra hours do unappreciated
Cons
horrible place, anything is better.
tons of mental weakness. Supervisor is a testosterone meathead. owner is ignorant to his employees. do not recommend at all. go work at timmies instead.
A great work environment
I enjoy working here. The work and life balance is great. I like the fast pace work but in a relaxed setting. We work in teams and are trusted to complete jobs properly giving us a sense of pride in what we do. I this is the second insulation company I’ve worked for and the management team far exceeds my previous experiences.
Something New & Exciting Everyday
Everyday brings something new and exciting. As long as you do your job, show up and try to solve problems you can go really far with this company.

If you don't:

Work hard

Show up everyday

Be a team player

Than go work at another company.

This is a team based company that rewards hard work and people that are reliable.
Awful management
Awful place to work, crews are great but management is truly awful. No care at all for the workers just get the job done. People running the company with zero insulation experience makes it hard on the workers to ask questions. Fired with no reason why , other insulation companies out there to work for .
unorganized, and H/R is Rude
I got injured, was being harassed, not professional about it, hours are unpredictable and insane, pay is amazing if you don't have a family to come home to, if your single and have no life, and don't mind being talked to like your dumb, this is the place for you to work.
Only Enjoyed working with a small handful of co-workers.
Co-workers are irresponsible,
Managers are hard to get a hold of for anything!

The work it’s self is easy.

Hr is a joke, they can’t communicate with anyone.

Job security is only there if they have contracts.

Shifts are all over the place.
Pros
They pay okay.
Cons
Too unpredictable/ unreliable
Fair Work, Good people
good working people, decent management but occasionally slow hours. hot in the attics in the summer but good in the winter. good pay for the amount of work you do.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Northern Insulation. Our community is ready to answer.