Great Lakes Lawn Care

Great Lakes Lawn Care Employee Reviews

Amazing people and working environment have a great attitude and great customer service have to be quick and answer all questions about lawn care the customer is always right
Fantastic employees but not structured by head management
I had an amazing experience working for this employer. I was able to hire our Technicians and worked fantastically with them. However higher management had no control on how to run the company. I had to take control in order to have successful seasons.
fun place to work at
I do not feel comfortable leaving a review here. This was a fun place and made a lot of outbound calls trying to sell lawn care in the winter time...great time.
Its not bad
It's a great job to load up and hit the road all by yourself . If you work hard you get respect. It was a good job will probably return . Only problem I had was equipment was old . I found my truck frequently breaking down and not being maintained properly . My equipment frequently broke and found myself rigging the equipment on the side of the road just so it would work . Benefits are needed for techs. My back and neck are messed up and being laid off for the season I can't afford to get a chiropractor
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, unreliable equipment and trucks
fine place to work
it was a good job, enjoyed the work, outdoors, hot, worked in all weather conditions, great with customers, worked hard got all done that needed to be.
Poorly Run, Out of Date Equipment
Trucks break frequently, everything is out of date and old. Don't pay OT, horrible scheduling, generally not a fun job. Starts off well and then after a month everything goes downhill and stays there. Fired half of the staff out of absolutely nowhere because they "weren't making enough money"
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
No OT, awful equipment
Great company, get to work outdoors
Show up at the shop in the morning, load up with product, and head out on your route. Some days get extremely hot, however the company is very good at providing fluids, and air conditioned work trucks. Co-workers are friendly, and the most enjoyable part of the job is that I don't ever have to go to the gym to work out.
Reputable Company base with high standards which results in professionalism
great company to work for. long hours but ensuing rewards and wonderful accompanying cliental.
Great place to work during the summer months.
Everyday is a new day. Whether it be spraying lawns for weeds, or aerating, or split seeding. No day is the same. On a daily basis we cover over 100,000 square feet plus, servicing customers loawns.
Pros
Lots of hours and get to work outside
Cons
No complaints
Productive, usually fun work place great managers.
Started work at 4:30 p.m when at this time the manager would start the dialer. I learned how to better communicate with customers and get what I had to say out quickly and effectively while keeping a mature and polite manner.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours / telemarketing
Secretarial work
* Secretarial work in a Sales Environment

* Enjoyed working with the public
Pros
worked monday to friday
Cons
was laid off due to the economy