Great Clips

Great Clips Employee Reviews

Canada128 reviews
Recommend for junior hairstylist
Part time or full time schedule
Flexible schedule / friendly environment

Learning about fast pace

Cutting time is important with better quality , Self time management
good place to work after finishing hair school
Good place to learn to fast paced work process
Work hair cutting skills

Process of working with general public at large

learning how to develop a Brand name

Good place clean to work for staff and customers
Pros
Place to work good hair stylist
Excellent place to work
Employed for Almost 4 years with Great Clips. Lots of room to grow within the company and amazing training. I started as an assistant manager and with training was promoted to manager.
Fun and Friendly
All staff were very friendly. It was a low-pace work environment. As long as you are a personable and independent individual, this job is a good fit..
Great Clips Salon : fast paced physical stress Center street Thronhill, Ontario
I did enjoy working for the company and the clients as a hair dresser. It is a very fast pace work setting and can get stressful physically and with certain clients expectations are too beyond especially when they do not have the skill training as the hair dressers..My challenging aspect of the job were more the physical stress because I felt I was like a robot cutting 10 to 15 heads within 7.5 shift or less. I was at the Thornhill location Centre street and it was for Franchise independent owner.
Great Clips is great!
I am currently the manager of a Great Clips in Hamilton, on Main St in the No Frills plaza. Working for Great Clips has been a great experience for me. There is always new things happening, constant training, and just a comfortable environment to work in.
Love my team
Everyone is like family and are willing to help you out at all times . There is a lot of opportunity to move up in the company but u must be able to work hard
Good place to start
Not a bad place to work, the environment depends on the management. Long hours pay is bad, always short staffed, the schedule isn’t very good for a life/work balance. The co workers and most customers are the best part. I wish they were only open until 8pm during the week because 9am is too late and customers rarely come after 8. They should close for all statutory holidays as it is important for staff to spend time with their families and they are open seven days a week.
Pros
Co workers and tips
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Great Clips?
well trained buy the company
I did come straight from Quebec and had a 2 years experience in hairdressing but not a lot to say because the language I knew ways french only.But I had been welcome to the team and well train also
Stylist
Good job if you need part time work, flexible. Better for new stylists to the industry or stylists returning to work after an absence , or older stylists at the end of career
Pros
Flexible, somewhat busy, training, organized, product discount
Cons
Approx 17 minutes per haircut max. You’re timed. Low wage. Mostly part time, evenings as well, open 7 days a week. Competitive coworkers. Little room to advance.
This is a company that put customers and management far above their stylists
Pushed very hard to do as many haircuts in 1 hour if possible as in income incentive but penalized for doing lower than standard work work. All of your stats are put on a board for everyone to see and you are humiliated if you are SATs are low
Great Work place.
Always felt good going into work and always made enough money. Great place to learn and grow as a stylist and I would definitley reccomend working their either as a start or well into your career
Terrible company
I would never work for this company. They care now about volume then quality. They don't look into internal issues they choose to ignore them. Absolutely ludicrous.
productive, fast paced , inconsistent
productive collaborative work place, good management when the manager was there. fast paced and well organized. Lots of employees which got a little crowded at times when we had no customers. I found that this job was a well taught lesson on how to treat customers and how to manage fast paced environments and trying to do your best at the same time.
Great if you do not want to advance!
It is good for apprentices that are starting out. But if you do not have a 15 minute hair cut time and do not sell product you hear about! I have worked for the company on and off for a really long time, it did not use to be this bad!
Work hard
Work hard and fast for little pay you make the company a lot of money but you get paid not enough for what the expect. Hair cuts to be done in 15 min weather its guys or womens . Its just not a good company to work for.
Franchisee is a nightmare
May be better with different franchisee.
This one is a total nightmare and micromanagement is a huge problem!

The team on the floor was fantastically. Not worth the headache
Poor management
Manager not on site enough to do managerial duties, the employees had escalating issues, but did have two employees on at all times for safety
Employees want full time hours but employers only give part time hours and expect full time work
Learn quickly with a very supportive team
I have been working with great clips for almost 2 years. When I started I had absolutely no experience, but they were patient with me and provided me a lot of training and free education to help me. They are willing to help anybody!!! They are strictly a walk in service, we do not book appointments. There is no competitiveness for clientele, you just go to work, cut hair then go home!!! This is an excellent place to work to get a lot of experience quickly :) Highly recommend! The management and employees are like a little family. The only reason I would leave is to go somewhere to get experience in hair colors but that’s the ONLY reason!
Pros
Tips, incentive payroll, free education
Cons
Fast paced work environment
fun environment
this was a great experience which introduced me to costumer service and all the scenarios that go along with that. was a fun and welcoming environment and got to learn new things often. learned the computer system and payments, also how to close and open the shop. most enjoyably part was coming in and seeing new people everyday and getting to interact with them.
I enjoyed working here for many years and have always enjoyed the way the company operates. Management is always professional and fair to all employees.