great canadian oil change

great canadian oil change Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work. Also had awsome staff and loyal customers . Was a very easy and sometimes fast paced job. Loved working in the summer with the doors open.
great place to work at for starting in the automotive industry either in high school or just out of high school. Wage is what you would expect from an entry level automotive job. Management is laughable, they give the position to anyone who is will to throw their life away at an oil change shop. very unappreciated work place for employees, individuals can work extremely hard but no reward for the extra amount of effort individuals apply.
Pros
nice people to work with, fun to work on vehicles if you're into that
Cons
managment
Owner is a piece of work, yells and screams at you and favours his precious son in law. I would never work for this dump again and I tell everybody I meet not to go here. The owner made me pour house oil into amsoil jugs because we were out of amsoil and didn’t want to lose a sale. Commission based so they upsell you on garbage you don’t need and half the time end up doing damage to your vehicle.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it
Staff and management are amazing to work with! Lots to learn but co-workers and manager are always willing to help you learn. Great hours and pay! Definitely a great place to work
its great to work there and great people to work along with. Great customers and staff are very knowledgable with what they are doing. I highly recommend them.
Fun place to work at had lots of fun met lots of different people heard lots of different stories wish I never had of quit this job but sometimes you need a little bit more wage to make it in life
it was a great fast paced environment to work in. taught me mechanical skills and customer service skills. Worked my way up to management. Made lifetime friends
Great managers with knowledgeable staff and good training procedures that gave customers peace of mind when buying products and were very well informed about the products as well.
long hours above average pay. great management limited advancement. learned a lot. overall a great place to work. would recommend to anyone in the industry
Pros
everyone was easy to work with
Cons
hard to get a day off
If your looking for a poor work environment or enjoy being forced to lie to customers, this is the place for you. Management is toxic. Hours are illegal accrounding to the labour act. Safety risks are everywhere. Health and safety have been there 3 times, don't know how it hasn't been shut down. Highly advise not doing any sort of business with them.
Pros
not having to work there anymore
Cons
toxic management, dictatorship, far right wing, unsafe work enviornment, unsafe work procedures, no PPE, no one cares about concerns brought up.
A typical day working at Great Canadian Oil Change consists of a ten hour shift doing about 20-50 oil changes in a drive thru style shop. With some additional servicing throughout the day.
Pros
Good Schedule, Decent Pay, Good Hours
Cons
No Scheduled breaks, No rising within the company
It was an amazing place to work great staff and working on cars and dealing with all kinds of people made the job very entertaining. had great relationship with management.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
Received TIPS from customers and would do a "tip out" every 3 months. The staff would all chip in a portion of our tips to keep a fridge and shelf stocked with snacks and beverages. You did not receive a lunch break or coffee break while working here, instead you had a permanent break while there was no customers. New owner showed up and took the tip money for himself, took our snacks, did not give us breaks but instead we were to be scrubbing the shop whenever we were not helping a customer. The staff would work 8-9 hour days with no breaks and no chance for lunch. One thing to note to anyone who is thinking about working for a GCOC is that they are all individually owned. I would definitely try a different GCOC in another location.
Pros
Free lunch Fridays
Cons
long hours without a break
I liked the mechanical side of things, and pride in helping people make their vehicle run better. I also took pride in helping people save money, I know that some people don't know anything about vehicles, but that shouldn't be a good reason to gouge them on the price, I don't appreciate when businesses try to do that to me, so why would I do that to other people when the tables are turned? Troubleshooting problems, after a while you get used to the in's and out's of the job so it gets like riding a bike or something. However it was also dirty and dangerous, you are almost certain to be hurt every day. I don't think putting hot used motor oil against your skin is good for your health. Uneven work pace, trying to predict when customers will come is random. Basically no chance for promotion. It's also low paying.
Pros
Mechanical work, sense of pride in helping people, familiarity.
Cons
No lunch break, dealing with old motor oil, dangerous, dirty.
typically busy and sometimes understaffed makes a stressful crew. pay is ok. good owner and manager. extended medical benefits are $27 per month. RRSP sharing available
Pros
good pay for no education
Cons
heat/cold exposure
Boring, usually slow day at work I learned how to manage fluid services Management was decent Really good Replacing rusty fuel filters Working downstairs
Pros
Commission was great
Cons
Working in a greenhouse
Working this job can be fun or stressful depending on the day. The bonus incentive is nice but depending on how busy it is, is not always lucrative. overall decent job
Pros
decent money for no experience needed
Cons
can be very busy or very slow, you never know what you are in store for
I Really enjoyed my time there learned a lot of new things and they trained me on all the new equipment that was hitting the market. the owner is really nice and fair and was passionate about providing a great service to the customers that came in
Pros
Great envoriment, great staff and good place to learn new things
Cons
could be a bit busy
Overall, great management, small business so one must be very committed and knowledgeable to advance in salary. Clean and organized workplace and up to standards. Fast and efficient services as well as providing additional information on the serviced vehicles for potential problems, or future services.
Pros
Small team; great opportunity to communicate and learn better.
Cons
Sometimes not too busy.
Daily oil changes, fluid changes, wiper blades, tire checks, air filter changes, fuel filter changes or gas and diesel vehicles, as well as interacting with customers.
When I first Started they seemed like they had things in order and was a great company, training was ok but once left alone the management didn't do much to follow up.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Unorganized