Great Canadian Gaming Corporation

Great Canadian Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Staff is great but upper management treat you horrible

Enjoyed working here when I first started. Now upper management treat their staff like garbage and refuse to give decent raise. Do not apply here unless you want to be depressed.

This is a company that doesn’t care about its employees

This is a company that doesn’t care about its employees. I personally witnessed excellent staff 20 years they gave to this company previously 0LG and this company great Canadian walked them right out the door without hesitation in the first few days they took over. They immediately replaced the staff with inexperienced staff young people willing to work for less because they are just starting their career this company does not value loyalty dedication very risky place to work

Pros

As a union member good benefits

Cons

They try any reason to discipline you in documentation for any reason they can

Very stressful environment

The pay is horrible and so is the work environment. Extremely toxic. The top bosses only care about profit and nothing else. Meanwhile they are not the ones working overnight.

Hardwork, poor pay

Hard work, no breaks, if you are bartending or serving you have to do all the set up for banquets and events after your shift ends. Lots of heavy lifting with laundry, bottle returns, dishes, lots of stuff outside your job descriptions.

Pros

Free lunch after your shift

Cons

No breaks, heavy lifting

No a bad place to be

If you want stability, advancement and can work hard, try it. The worst part can be the hours and patrons. You need thick skin and patience. You are paid well, benefits could improve.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours. Shift work.

Fun Workplace

Went in everyday worked 6 days a week with over 10-12 hours of work everyday. It was great I knew practically everyone so everyday was smoother. We were all a big family my bosses and co workers were amazing. I loved it, then Covid hit and buffets all closed down. It was great while it lasted the wages were fair and the benefits were good! I hope one day things will go back to normal and I can return to my everyday normal life.

Pros

Discounted Food / Friendly Environment / Lots of Advancements

Cons

Multiple 15 min breaks rather have one big break

Needlessly stressful and unprofessional

Terrible environment to work in, constant quick turn arounds, highschool like drama and antics, major divide between management and floor staff, and unappreciative managers. Seen people work at this property and give their all and still be berated time and time again. Every little thing extra you do becomes expected, and with constant budget constraints staffing is limited and the morale of staff on the property is abysmal. If you join this proper you'll just be wasting your own time and affecting your mental and physical health in the process.

Pros

Cons

Quick turnarounds, short notice for shifts, staff management divide, current pay scale.

Amazing place to work, hours can be all over the place though so make sure you have completely open availability before applying because they schedule you all over the place

Pros

Benefits, great coworkers, tips

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Funplace to work

I love my co.worker and company all staffs are helpful and very nice Helping each other all the time. I hope I can go back work as soon as possible

High volume and stress but I love that environment

Loved working in the accounting department and if it wasn't for covid I would still be working there. I miss all of my co-workers. We all worked so great as a team and got the job done always.

Pros

Excellent staff and benefits

Cons

High stress at month end

Jobs at Great Canadian Gaming Corporation

See more jobs

The worst place i ever worked.

No advancement and low moral. Terrible wages. Terrible management. Has a very high turn around even before 2020. Don't waste your time. There's better jobs out there.

Cons

Good collaborative environment, cares for employees.

Good culture, good plans for expansion, and vision for the future. Hit extremely hard by Covid-19 and as a result, many plans have had to be changed including staffing levels. Would be a great organization to be part of once things return to "normal"

Pros

Good place to work, room for advancement for those who are willing to apply themselves.

Cons

N/a

Terrible people to work for

Management treats you like you are replaceable at a moments notice.Terrible pay incentivesOK benefits but poor hr and management departments Moral is terrible due to management decisions

Treatment of employees is disgraceful, human resources a joke

Could be a fantastic job but Corp so busy expanding they forgot to hire enough employees for growth for change, adding table games and expanding 2 floors... Never enough staff to be professional everyone under stress and abused by patrons. Left hand doesnt know what right hand is doing and I'm not talking about a magic show!!! No department happy through ownership change

Pros

Could be fun and exciting job

Cons

Disorganized, greedy Corporation, pressure from governing bodies, rules change daily, not paid enough to police moneylaundering at expense of your job

Just terrible

There is no advancement. Pay is minimum wage. Toxic work environment. Has high turnover. They can never keep anyone. Favouritism is a massive problem. Don't waste your time.

Good Company

With Friendly co workers. Developed and maintain professional relationship with individual employee in the company. Provide complete benefits. They gave Seminars and workshop additional learning for the employee

I like it

Works great for my lifestyle shift works for me Union Pay is good People are great Clients are fun Management is fare Need more hours Need more staff I feel a little overwhelmed at times

Not a care in the world for their employees

I had a case against them for labor relations but dropped it as I wasn't planning on going back anyways. The woman I spoke to at labor relations said they have hundreds of complaints and files against them in the system. 🙄 Don't be fooled, you're just another cog in their machine.

Very great place to work.

Really feels like a family at Elements, management always makes sure no matter what is going on that you are okay and sticks up for you. All in all if you have the chance to work here you should definitely take it.

As much as people complain I enjoy working here

definitely worked more then 40 hours a week but feel that's the norm in business now a days, enjoyed working here lot of opportunities, fast paced always a new challenge to work towards.

Good place to work.

Some political issues. Getting some projects done take a lot of collaborating from upper management. If the management could have more lee way to make decisions it could be a great place to work. Can take time to get approvals. It is still a good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Canadian Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Great Canadian Gaming Corporation with

• Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?